major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I like this tool very much and I would like to help you with an italian translation, have you got a pdf or a txt with all the words to translate?

Thank you. Right now there is no support for multi-language. I could add this feature if it's really a requirement for some guys.

Ah ok! If in the future you will add multi-language support PM me please ;-)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

This tools looks great. Will there be a linux command-line/terminal version? I would like to use the sync feature in my clan but only have SSH access to the server (don't want to install a gui just for that). Or that I can create a repo remotely via my client.

Yep support for command line terminal could be added (both windows and linux).

What would you like to have apart from the build repository command ?

Support for remote access from client GUI could also be added. In this case it would require to install a specific kind of RPC server on the remote machine.

Hi, nice tool. Just a thing with the extra Addon directories, however when you select mods from this directory it only works for the first mod and doesn't apply the path to the rest of the mods. Like this:

1st mod : mod=a:\arma 3 mods\@CBA_A3;

the rest : @JSRS2.0Alpha

I don't understand your problem. If you have @CBA_A3 and @JSRS inside a:\arma 3 mods\ you should read "-mod=a:\arma 3 mods\@CBA_A3;@JSRS;" into the run parameters panel.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yes it does, however it seems to want to have: -mod=a:\arma 3 mods\@CBA_A3;a:\arma 3 mods\@JSRS;

Yep support for command line terminal could be added (both windows and linux).

What would you like to have apart from the build repository command ?

Support for remote access from client GUI could also be added. In this case it would require to install a specific kind of RPC server on the remote machine.

Just the standard features for building and updating the repository, that my clanm8s can connect to the server and synchronize on their windows client. So that we can add/remove Mods and they just need to synchronize with the server and they are always up to date.

Also like the ACRE installation wizard. That way we don't need to explain every step for ACRE.

Hi, I noticed that if I put @test in the repo and then I remove it, with the next sync Arma3sync dont do nothing with that folder.

Won't be better a popup will alert the user that this mod isn't in the repo anymore ( and then will not be used ) so there's the possibility to choose to delete it or not?

;-)

Yes, I've rebuild it and in the changelog it appears that @test was deleted but locally it's still there after the sync

There is no automatic deletion. You must select @Test witch should be Blue colored and then start download to delete @Test.

I've made some tests:

-If I delete a pbo inside addons, after sync locally it will be shown as blue the file inside is only visible if I expand the directory but the @test directory isn't red or blue ( meaning something changed ); only if I select the directory and I click Start/Resume those files will be deleted ( in this way an user don't know that there's something to delete if the directory name isn't red )

-If I delete a directory @test, after sync locally this directory isn't in the repository content anymore but also if I click select all and then Start/Resume the directory will be there always locally and I've to delete it manually

I've made some tests:

-If I delete a pbo inside addons, after sync locally it will be shown as blue the file inside is only visible if I expand the directory but the @test directory isn't red or blue ( meaning something changed ); only if I select the directory and I click Start/Resume those files will be deleted ( in this way an user don't know that there's something to delete if the directory name isn't red )

There is an exclamation mark on the folder addon in this case, meaning something is different.

-If I delete a directory @test, after sync locally this directory isn't in the repository content anymore but also if I click select all and then Start/Resume the directory will be there always locally and I've to delete it manually

This is normal behaviour for addons folder at root of the repository.

But if you do the same with an addon inside a folder on the repository in this case the folder addon will be marked deleted.

So if you have some kind of addon pack in your organization, create a folder inside the repository and add the addons inside this folder.

This program is exactly what we need, its very similar to the ArmA II launcher. Simple to select mods, and easy to sync with our dedicated server via FTP. However, there is one issue that I've noticed. Even if I deselect all mods in my profile, the launcher will still launch the game with some mods enabled. It seems almost impossible to launch vanilla ArmA using this program.

Apart from that one major issue, overall a great program. Please make it a perfect one, by fixing the issue ASAP ;)

This program is exactly what we need, its very similar to the ArmA II launcher. Simple to select mods, and easy to sync with our dedicated server via FTP. However, there is one issue that I've noticed. Even if I deselect all mods in my profile, the launcher will still launch the game with some mods enabled. It seems almost impossible to launch vanilla ArmA using this program.

Apart from that one major issue, overall a great program. Please make it a perfect one, by fixing the issue ASAP ;)

I've had this issue as well. I wanted someone to check out a mission I was working on, so I wanted to turn off the mods. So I closed the game and deselected all of the mods with Sync. Loaded the game up again and the guy said he still couldn't get in and told me I had mods on the server. I checked and a handful of mods were still turned on.

Please ignore my last comment, it was an issue my end. Turns out my ArmA 3 profile was forcibly launching mods, even if I tried to launch the game through Steam with no mod line.

BadHabitz if you open your Arma3.cfg file (in My Documents) and edit it, you might notice you have the same issue as me. Find this line:

class ModLauncherList
{

And below that you might find that the game is including mods such as CBA or ACRE etc on startup. Just erase all mods so that you are left with:

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="A3";
	name="Arma 3 Beta";
	origin="NOT FOUND";
};
};

I hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

Edited by JamieG

We currently use the tool in our community and it works as it should. But i got one question. Will it in the future have rsync so only changes in the file are transfered and not the whole file again?

ArmA3Sync v1.1

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

or grab the windows installer here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Changelog

- Added: Repository management commands lines. User can now manage repositories on a remote Windows or Linux machine through a terminal. See the wiki for more details.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Awesome bit of software! I've been looking/waiting for a launcher like SpiritedMachines A2 one and this is perfect! Thanks :D