Sign in to follow this  
mannulus

Shotguns in ArmA 3?

They obviously still have those shotguns in their version - most likely they will be added sooner or later

like i know BIS the KSG shotgun is missing the pump action animation aswell ...

When i was playing...and using massi mods, some units would appear as the same "Rifleman (shotgun)"

I *highly* doubt the devs at BI use mods, especially for livestreams, official screenshots, etc.

like i know BIS the KSG shotgun is missing the pump action animation aswell ...

That's probably why we don't have it yet. It's going to be much more noticable that animations are missing with a pump-action shotgun than with something like a UGL. Or they're having great difficulty with reloading animations, i.e. loading one shell at a time. They've finally brought reloading animations up to a decent standard, so it would look pretty bad if a shotgun used the old method of reloading in 'blocks' of shells, as if they were magazines (I think that's how it used to work in A2, I can't remember anymore).

And also the KSG has that feature where you can switch between the dual magazines, to change to a different ammo. But that's not what I'd call an essential requirement.

Of course they could get around all of this by making a shotgun that uses box magazines like a Saiga, or drums like the AA-12.

I wouldn't mind some kinda futuristic Saiga!

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard DPV-12 (AK-12 varient with Shotgun capability), USAS, DAO-12, and there is one more i can't remember the name, that all use either Drum Magazines, or Clips. Simple work around the whole animation thing until they can fix it... which i don't know how long that would take them, the bolt action sniper rifles still automatically load themselves, yet those are in game... <.<

EDIT: Or, why not just add a modified rifle, say like... ACR/MX to shoot shotgun rounds. Slugs, Pellets, HE. Or heck, why not, lets invent the MX/ACR-Beowulf. xD

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial