Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Vehicle Templates for Photoshop or Similar?

Hi - can anyone tell me how I can find templates for vehicles which I can open in photoshop or something similar? Maybe with layers? I downloaded an excellent .psn template for the Independent faction and I was able to go through layers and add my own uniform by the setobjecttexture command. Also, does anybody know how I can set the texture of different parts of a vehicle? Does it perhaps respond to the number before the file being called in the setobjecttexture command? For instance the '0' in the [0, "texture.paa";]. I've noticed when I try and set the texture of the UH-80 it only retextures the front section! Thanks so much to anybody who can help me here!

---------- Post added at 07:17 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

Also, if anybody can tell me how I can use the setobjecttexture to retexture equipment too?

As for Vehicles, they are always composed of several Texture files, therefor your [0, "texture.paa";] only covers 1 part of the vehicle. In A2 Vehicles normaly were composed of 2 or maximum 3 different texture files.

A Template has not been created for each vehicle since the emphesis on vehicle retextures is a lot lower then on Playermodels.

In Order to be able to retexture something with the init command the object or model needs to have a hiddenselection on it. Otherwise the command would not be executable for the object.

Ah, ok - with equipment then, does that count as another texture file? For instance, I can change uniforms with the setobjecttexture [0, "texture.paa"]. But if I want to change equipment, perhaps I could do it with setobjecttexture [1, "equipment_texture.paa"]? Not sure I understand about hiddenselections yet, I'll have to read-up on that.

Probably one of the easiest ways to work it out is to open the .pbo, eg, Air_f.pbo ( I use pbomanager) and extract the config.bin file then use Unrap to change the .bin into a readable and editable .cpp file.

It should all become a little clearer from there. If you de-pbo my ZFG addon (link in sig.) you'll get some extra help from those configs.

BSW

I 'de.pbo-ed' your ZFG addon BusStopWilly - that was helpful, thanks! Wasn't sure how to do all the unwrap business stuff with config.bin etc. though! The thing I liked about the other addon I found was that it was all in an editable PSN. file, with layers that I could edit, bit by bit. Would love to find anything else like that? I was looking for the AH-99 in the ZFG add-on but I couldn't find it amongst the .paa files - is it there somewhere do you know? :) I liked your work by the way - as I think you yourself said, very Action Man-esque! Good fun!

Does anybody have a .paa/psd./psn. template for the Marshall tank? Or the Blackfoot Attack Helicopter?