Sign in to follow this  
zukov

only two PVP missions on public release?

So far the missions below, are the only two PVP mission (and i'm not sure)

SEIZE EDORIS

SEIZE FERES

Please BIS, show to us at least some footage and how to play this missions.

Maybe you have to look a little better? ;)

See my Signature for 2 PVP CTI Servers.

DEV on Altis.

Cya

i mean made by BIS dev.

i'm afraid that arma 3 will be a MP failure

i mean made by BIS dev.

i'm afraid that arma 3 will be a MP failure

Have you played the full game? Or played with a group of people? Or seen after a few years of continued support for the game with new content and missions?

Myke;2485382']Luckily there is more to MP than just PvP.

Sadly the PvP would be the best if there was good scenarios for it. A3 is now way better at PvP than A2, but I rarely see good PvP missions.

maybe i'm blind, but in count down page are only two PVP missions (and i have written because some devs in "blog and reveals" had written, about a not specific sector control module but without confirm)

at the 12th septmeber

we will have:

some coop missions

some showcases

1 editor (that, if you want learn how to put a flag with spawn point, you have to learn cuneiform writing)

Counterstrike, DotA, DayZ, CTI, PR. Some of the most popular Gamemodes/Mods in gaming history were made by the respective community. So instead of BI making some missions which you surely will dislike as they most probably will not accurately fit your very own personal needs, BI instead decided to still allow modding and mission making so the community can create exactly those assets and missions they will need.

Myke;2486020']Counterstrike' date=' DotA, DayZ, CTI, PR. Some of the most popular Gamemodes/Mods in gaming history were made by the respective community. So instead of BI making some missions which you surely will dislike as they most probably will not accurately fit your very own personal needs, BI instead decided to still allow modding and mission making so the community can create exactly those assets and missions they will need.[/quote']

aaaaaaaaaaaa ok, now i know that i bought a game without SP and MP,

anyway I started this thread for ask some word/video /images about the "seize-something" missions and if are PVP or not

aaaaaaaaaaaa ok, now i know that i bought a game without SP and MP,

Pathetic. Obviously this word doesn't mean what i thought it means. No offence was intended, my apologies.

A multiplayer video game is a video game in which more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_video_game

While PvP can be part of MP, MP isn't limited to PvP. See also: Cooperative Gameplay

anyway I started this thread for ask some word/video /images about the "seize-something" missions and if are PVP or not

In worst case, you could just try them and see yourself.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;2486064']Pathetic.

if you are nervous' date=' calm down

an easter egg game

Myke;2485382']Luckily there is more to MP than just PvP.
Myke;2486020']Counterstrike' date=' DotA, DayZ, CTI, PR. Some of the most popular Gamemodes/Mods in gaming history were made by the respective community. So instead of BI making some missions which you surely will dislike as they most probably will not accurately fit your very own personal needs, BI instead decided to still allow modding and mission making so the community can create exactly those assets and missions they will need.[/quote']
Myke;2486064']Pathetic.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_video_game

While PvP can be part of MP' date=' MP isn't limited to PvP. See also: Cooperative Gameplay

It's sad to read stuff like that from a moderator and long-time community member. How exactly did the topic of this thread concern you so much that repeated dismissive responses like those were warranted?

I'm not only moderator, i'm also a human being with a own opinion (contradictory to popular opinion). Please allow me to have this opinion and to express it.

And how does it concern me? Well, looking to the future that ArmA 3 is steering towards. If you follow this forum (and i know you do) you surely will notice the dramatic increase of community members that do have this attitude like "this has absolutely be done....by someone else....preferably yesterday". Remembering back on the previous OFP/ArmA titles, what i remember is that the most popular PvP missions (be it CTF, KotH, DM or TDM) were always made by community members. None of the stock BI missions never catched up to the popularity of these usermade contents.

Now you may do the math: more of those demanding, non-contributing community members showing up will probably cause a reduced amount of contributing members for various reasons. Which means less popular missions will show up in the future. Don't count on BI filling the gap, not because they don't want, just because they don't could due to limited resources (i don't expect BI employees to work for free, do you?).

I just see a shift from "what i would like to see doesn't exist so i'll do it myself" towards "gimme gimme gimme".

Also i dislike the argument of "there are no MP missions of my preference so there is no MP at all" simply because it is selfish and egoistic....which leads us back to the start. The Editor is no voodoo magic. It takes time to learn and some dedication but it is manageable. I know it, i did this myself and i consider myself being a slow learner and rather stupid person when it comes to math and programming language. So everytime i read "i can't do that, it's too complicated" i feel the urge to slap such a person and yell "heck, i could learn it and i am really stupid!".

@Zukov

if any of my aswers offended you, my apologies, this wasn't my intention. Seriously.

Myke;2486112']And how does it concern me? Well' date=' looking to the future that ArmA 3 is steering towards. If you follow this forum (and i know you do) you surely will notice the dramatic increase of community members that do have this attitude like "this has absolutely be done....by someone else....preferably yesterday". Remembering back on the previous OFP/ArmA titles, what i remember is that the most popular PvP missions (be it CTF, KotH, DM or TDM) were always made by community members. None of the stock BI missions never catched up to the popularity of these usermade contents.

Now you may do the math: more of those demanding, non-contributing community members showing up will probably cause a reduced amount of contributing members for various reasons. Which means less popular missions will show up in the future. Don't count on BI filling the gap, not because they don't want, just because they don't could due to limited resources (i don't expect BI employees to work for free, do you?).[/quote']

BI is perfectly capable of delivering playable content on par with the community's, especially since it's been hiring community members all along for that reason. Incidentally I was the BI developer working on Arma 3's MP (including pvp) before last year's shift in the project.

Myke;2486112']I just see a shift from "what i would like to see doesn't exist so i'll do it myself" towards "gimme gimme gimme".

It's a perfectly valid thing to wonder about a game's official pvp content. By no means should we adopt a defeatist attitude where BI can only be expected to provide a platform and a few assets instead of a wholesome game with good and most importantly diverse missions out of the box.

BI is perfectly capable of delivering playable content on par with the community's, especially since it's been hiring community members all along for that reason. Incidentally I was the BI developer working on Arma 3's MP (including pvp) before last year's shift in the project.

My apologies if this sounded like i doubted BI's or yours capabilities in making awesome missions. It was pointed more towards the limited time and resources. Community members can work and polish without a deadline on content where BI devs have a deadline where the work has to finished thus limiting what is possible to be realized. BI has a business, community members not, at least not in making content for ArmA 3.

It's a perfectly valid thing to wonder about a game's official pvp content. By no means should we adopt a defeatist attitude where BI can only be expected to provide a platform and a few assets instead of a wholesome game with good and most importantly diverse missions out of the box.

It is valid to wonder. It is not valid to claim that MP is nonexistant just because the offered missions wont fit ones personal interests.

Although i don't make missions but addosn, i had the very same situation. Unhappy about the behaviour of certain missiles, i had the choice to either complain about it or track down the issue and create a fix by myself which is now known as "Real Air Weapons" for ArmA 2 which gives Sidewinders, Mavericks and other AA/AGM missiles a more realistic behaviour.

A proverb says "A single pair of hands working will achieve more than a hundred hands praying". Same goes here. A single community member putting some effort and work in it can and will change more than a hundred community members complaining.

doesn't matter

i don't expect BI employees to work for free, do you?

no

but, i'm expect at least that devs give me an example mission, a template, how to change the GUI lobby, for me the "seize missions" are two examples, as far as today i only work on " defend kamino" i dpbo it but i'm lost in some case. and this mission is coop

Myke]It is not valid to claim that MP is nonexistant just because the offered missions wont fit ones personal interests.

It is valid to claim that official MP content is non-existent because it simply is. And it's not just PvP missions that are missing.

BIS is charging $60 for a game that has next to no SP content (showcases are just absolutely terrible compared to single missions in any other game in the series), a few quickly thrown together MP missions and a lot less playable content than ArmA2.

It's not some $20-30 DIY game, it's AAA pricing.

Actually , A2 got vehicles from VBS2 (as far as im aware). Same with models... and weapons... BI took the opporunity to add in more content. It also (from what I heard) got models and weapons and vehicles from a failed project that never got to the point where it was named. A3 has all of its vehicles using PhysX now. BI Simulations also hasn't handed over vehicle models for ArmA 3 this time (not that its really an issue with me). In A2, did you know how crappy the vehicle physics were? I could practically go 500 miles per hour in the BMP-2 on a flat road and knock down whole forests with the thing. without losing any speed. I could crash into a sign object and watch it go flying across Chernarus.

I'm just hoping we get --some-- content added for free after release in the way of vehicles, weapons, and models.

@metalcraze

MP is nonexistant
MP content is non-existent

Up for a round "spot the difference"? Quickly checked the MP browser. Surprisingly a lot of players for something non-existent. Well, some are complaining while others are playing.

And afair BI already explained that it is quite difficult to make missions if the content (which has to be used in missions obviously) is not yet finalized. Configs are subject of change (called "tweaking" or "balancing") and a changed weapon config can break whole missions.

@austin_medic

while your points are valid, this isn't the right thread. It is about MP, not physics.

give it up - don't feed this, very untalented, Troll (Zukov) ... :j:

Of course there is enough to complain about - but surely not about available PVP and/or MP missions.

(and yes, we all now the bigtime content in Arma always came, and and will always come from the community^^...oh, except of all that "wow, what is this new stuff /game on steam? i can shoot there, i have to buy it"-guys ...)

I am pretty sure now, he just isn't able to use the filters...

anyway. don't know if its just me - but i can't even remember when i have played any SP-game the last time on PC, as it is the USP ...

I don't buy a MP game, that lives /has always lived with the Online-community and modfunctions...to afterwards complain about SP...do you!? Really? Then better get back to your PS3^^

People love comp stomp AI raping, not actually having to fight an enemy that can actually out smart you and kill you. People hate dying but love killing, that's why they play domi.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

To be honest I think BIS needs to develop their own PVP style mission/template, not just a team deathmatch either. Something to similar Project reality but made by BIS.

Why is there so much resistance and anal terminology going on here? The thread title, stating there's little PvP missions, is right and expresses my feelings too.

I, as a long time Arma player, would like to see more PvP support from BIS. Like the dev mentioned in my sig. There will always be coop and PvAI going on. I want my adversaries smarter and cunning. PvP please.

People love comp stomp AI raping, not actually having to fight an enemy that can actually out smart you and kill you. People hate dying but love killing, that's why they play domi.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

To be honest I think BIS needs to develop their own PVP style mission/template, not just a team deathmatch either. Something to similar Project reality but made by BIS.

This.

So far the missions below, are the only two PVP mission (and i'm not sure)

SEIZE EDORIS

SEIZE FERES

Please BIS, show to us at least some footage and how to play this missions.

I thought both teams are on same side against blue team?

today i saw that are made for xbox "5 vs 5" is a really joke haahahahahahah ;)