GenPattonX

make unit appear/teleport at a marker location

I know i once did this in a mission a while ago but since i am missing loads of addons for that i can't acess it :(

So i am trying to remember what was the init line that i used to get a unit appear at a dot marker location, i am trying these:

unit DoMove GetMarkerPos "markername" - i don't want the unit to move, i want them to just appear at the marker location

s1 setpos (getpos H1) - where H1 is an invisible H placed at the point i want but the thing is, i don't want to use a invisible H, i want to use a marker !

plz help i know this is simple but i can't figure it out :(

hum... i think i didnt need to group the unit with the marker when i did it... this works but I'm still curious to know if somebody else has another suggestion, thx anyway

yes i was just about to go edit my previous reply to say that i found it:

s1 setpos getmarkerpos "m1"

thx anyway XD

Do you know how to make it so instead of a marker it's an AI, or possibly even another player? if you know how to do them post both please, it would be MUCH appreciated! :D

hi,

Do you know how to make it so instead of a marker it's an AI, or possibly even another player? if you know how to do them post both please, it would be MUCH appreciated! :D

For AI:

unit setPos (getPos nameofAI)

For player:

unit setPos (getPos nameofplayer)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPos

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPos

cya.

Nikiller.

Hello guys!
I tried to teleport unit (let's say u1) with marker.
But I found I couldn't edit the height of marker on 3D map, because I could see the marker on only 2D map version.
How can I edit the height of marker or do you have any better idea for it?
Please help me.

1 hour ago, ICE_PIC_JAPAN said:

But I found I couldn't edit the height of marker on 3D map, because I could see the marker on only 2D map version.

Hello there ICE_PIC_JAPAN and welcome also to Bis Forums !

are you still using the 2D editor ?