Sign in to follow this  
cezary gaska

Arma 2 Visitior 3 opying items from map to onother map

Hi All..

I did open one map with wrp to pew converter in visitor 3, then i was trying to copy some items like buildings from that map to my ready map i made in l3dt{layers.cfg, mask and sat ready}

and when i do that panel of objects is changing when opening my map so i canot copy buildings...

Is there any way to copy objects from one map to onother in Visitor 3?

Help pls...........

you can use Depew to export objects and then import those objects at their already specified location. The imported objects will follow the terrain of the new pew. if that area happens to be sea, then that's where they'll be, I don't btw, see any sense in what you're doing. Object positions are locale sensitive, it makes no sense to me to import a block of trees intended for forest slopes on one pew that end up in the middle of a desert on a different pew. On the other hand, if you're re-texturing someone else's island, you'll find yourself in a very lonely place.

Depew import is intended to be used when original authors are updating the resolution of their terrain grids and sat mask. It's a convenient method for them, to tuck their work away while they re-sat mask the pew. The other use of Depew import is probably more useful to you where you can build a generic template for villages and paste them.

Thx You for quick replay Mikero.

I'm just trying to speed up town creating process.. i made 41/41km island its allmost ready now. It took me many months

To create towns, vilages, road networks.

Now i'm making new map 100km/100km and i have a headache when i thinking obout doing it again.

So i/m trying to copy some towns from chernarus map i will change them totaly.

It just quicker way to build new map...

I will try your depew software...

Thank You...

I think this question are vinculated

1 - I used the paintroad to generate routes and roads but I need to pass the file from e_fkl_40.wrp (author donated this map) to Pew format; I have a generic cfg and a file convertwrp.exe but i can not understand this set up.

2- where I have to place the files pbo objects to use 3D editor ?

I guess they do not read the same 2D editor folder .. P :/ ca / addons.

3- I take another question, How to put it on the taxi map to do take off and land , are there tuturials? both sides send their aircraft to the same place.

from already thank you very much