SpecterM

Is it possible to remove fatigue

Id like to know if its possible to remove the fatigue system all together.

Can anyone help?

Id like to know if its possible to remove the fatigue system all together.

Can anyone help?

its really easy todo....buy BF3/COD....

lol.. I don't like those games that much either, but they dó have a fatigue system. :P

try

[] spawn
{
while {true} do
{
 player setFatigue 0;
 sleep 0.1;
};
};

This is a simple scripting question. Your spam is not needed here.

Actually a better way of disabling Fatigue is to use:

this enableFatigue false;

put that in the init line of the unit you want to be exempt from the fatigue system. Or name your unit and replace this with the name of the unit.

Ric, your last post is hitting the nail right on the head.

COD/BF3 are just the focal point of a larger dissatisfaction with the FPS genre in general

One of the great things about the Arma series games is that the final result is what you make of it. Look at DayZ for instance. Just as Arma2 seamed to be dying out, Basically a new game was created off the arma2 engine that regenerated sales and interest for all. I have met quite a few ppl that play arma2 for the realism and then others play for the zombie experience! Whichever you prefer, It's nice to say that Arma2 was NOT developed for one single mindset.

COD and BF3 do NOT provide me with what I want out of a game, and whats worse is that their engines don't give me the ability to make what I want.

LOL.. However, with arma you need to be a rocket scientist coder in C++ to get what you want or your stuck begging for help in forums, settling for what ppl have already made or waiting till someone else gets the idea and does it for you.

Moderator: Thanks for keeping an eye on things.

does anyone know if I can use "-nosplash -setFatigue=0" in my launch parameters?

You can do:

BIS_fnc_feedback_allowPP = false;

In a missions init.sqf and it will effectively disable all BIS PP effects. If thats not what you want, you could do :

while {true} do {
player setfatigue 0;
sleep 3;
};

in a SQF then run it in init.sqf and there you go, no fatigue effects.

you cant disable client sided the Farigue (woudnt it be unfair that you have it only disabled?)

in the init row of the unit you place in your missioneditor add a "this enableFatigue false;" (likeSpamurai already said)

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Just to point something out, this thread is in the editing section. This is not the place to discuss how good/bad the implementation of the fatigue is.

I would like to set it up as a mission parameter.

I have added.. to the description.ext

class fatigue

{

//ParamsArray[20]

title = "FATIGUE:";

values[] = {0, 1};

texts[] = {"OFF", "ON"};

default = 1;

};

Not sure what to do now. I'm sorry. I need 1st grade talk here.

;2477265']try

[] spawn
{
while {true} do
{
 player setFatigue 0;
 sleep 0.1;
};
};

i get an error popup: missing ;

<edit>

n/m I'm an idiot ..this is for arma3 obviously

Edited by MadM0nkey

Actually a better way of disabling Fatigue is to use:

this enableFatigue false;

put that in the init line of the unit you want to be exempt from the fatigue system. Or name your unit and replace this with the name of the unit.

When I do this it only works until i get killed and respawn, then the fatigue comes right back...how can I make fatigue stay off even after respawning?

also, is there a command to turn off the excessive weapon sway?

You probably want to use a respawn eventhandler & execute the loop again for the unit / player when he respawns. Maybe something like below. I'm sure someone else has a better solution though. I'm not much of a mp scripter =/

init.sqf

If (IsNil "Respawn_EH") Then 
{

{_x AddEventhandler ["Respawn", {[]ExecVM "fatigue.sqf"}];} ForEach PlayableUnits;
   Respawn_EH=1;

} Else {

WaitUntil {Local Player;};
Player AddEventhandler ["Respawn", {[]ExecVM "fatigue.sqf"}];

};

fatigue.sqf

[] spawn
{
while {true} do
{
 player setFatigue 0;
 sleep 0.1;
};
};  

You can just do this:

Init.sqf:

if (local player) then {
  player enableFatigue false;
  player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}];
};

Dont run anything like this

[] spawn
{
while {true} do
{
 player setFatigue 0;
 sleep 0.1;
};
};

Thats an unnecessary loop to run and less efficient. Not to mention there is a command to do exactly what you want.

Use this

if (local player) then { 
  player enableFatigue false; 
  player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}]; 
};

Like Foxy said.

I don't mind the fatigue system, but is there a way to disable the graphic effect? I'm assuming the conversation in the thread is for disabling the entire system, where I just want to eliminate the visual 'pulsing' around the edges of the screen. It drives me batsh*t crazy.

On the page just before that one: Here.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if that would remove the graphic effect or the gameplay effect... or both.

Would it be possible to increase the amount of fatigue a particular soldier is able to have, so that some sort of leveling up would become possible? Level 1 soldiers would get easily fatigued, but a level 10 soldier would be able to run much farther than the vanilla fatigue system currently allows. This could allow additional gameplay incentives to not run and gun, because you would be set back a level or reset to level 1.

Possible with current system?

First, I believe that not one of the developers of ArmA was a real trooper.

This reality is very bad fatigue, a soldier is trained for it and not get tired of running 2 kilometers, and as if he had become sick, even with equipment.

Another thing, if they want realism in the game, so why put Karts in a game of war, infantry, which is the initial proposal of the game?

I am captain of the Brazilian Marines and if developers want me to prove what I said, I make a call to show the distance that can be run without dying and shakes.

A soldier is trained to shoot, ever, but will never shoot without supporting his weapon, he supports the elbow lying on the ground not to shake the gun if it will shoot a window he supports gun in the window, it will shoot walk in the woods he supports gun on a branch, tree trunk and etc.

He is trained to kill and not to play with your swing "working tool".

Developers should go to a training of real soldiers, not conscripts, but the truth profissinais to see what a soldier is able to do and not be tired by inventing pure pleasure.

Before the upgrade the bootcamp was "only reasonable" the game, now I will not comment on it became.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Reluxstudio
  • Like 1