Sign in to follow this  
ramstin

Battleye Installation question

hi, i have searched in a lot of places and i think that the info related to battleye installation is not complete or it have many problems for the correct implementation.

for example, in the wiki says:

BattlEye working directory

The BattlEye working directory is a folder in one of three places:

A folder named BattlEye within the ArmA II application data folder

A folder named BattlEye in the path given by the -profiles startup parameter

In a folder given by the -bepath startup parameter

! NOTE: Even with custom locations you will still need the BattlEye .dll's or .so's ALSO in the default location ("<arma2>\BattlEye" for A2 or "<arma2>\Expansion\BattlEye" for OA/CO) for BattlEye to start.

but if i have a -profile setting in the launch parameters...

The -profiles location

The path given as the -profiles=... startup parameter used when launching the ArmA II dedi. If, for example, you would launch the ArmA II OA dedicated server using:

arma2oaserver.exe -profiles=D:\Games\ArmA2

then the BattlEye working directory would be:

D:\Games\ArmA2\BattlEye

NOTE Even if using custom locations you will still need the .dll's or .so's ALSO in the default location ("<arma2>\BattlEye" for A2 or "<arma2>\Expansion\BattlEye" for OA/CO) for BattlEye to start!!!

so...

if i have a -profile setting, i will have a lot of folders where the right dll's should be manually copied if i have problems with the "auto installer method". and what happens if my arma 2 and arrowhead is installed in 2 diferrent folders?

i will have to copy the dlls in this folders??

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

D:\Games\ArmA2\BattlEye

D:\Games\ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

and after doing that, what happens if the dll is correcty updated in one folder and not in the others??? i have to check it everyday to see if some changed version???

I dont think this is a good way of install this hacking protection, or i am missing something?

it would be nice if someone could please give me some hints about a correct installation.

Martin

no answers?? :S please guys i need some help here. thanks.

ok thanks for your answer, that solved my problem :S

and after doing that, what happens if the dll is correcty updated in one folder and not in the others??? i have to check it everyday to see if some changed version???

I dont think this is a good way of install this hacking protection, or i am missing something?

May I ask what your exact problem is? As long as BE loads fine and you don't get any errors there is nothing to worry about. BE simply needs to be present in the BE install folder ("Expansion\BattlEye" if you start your server via the OA executable). It will then be automatically updated in the BE working directory and no, it doesn't have to be updated in the install folder.

so the info in the wiki is wrong, because it says it must be in several folders, not only in expansion\battleye. the problem i have is that the clients connecting to my dedicated server with battleye get fps drops and if i disable it they can play with no problem, so i was checking for the correct way to install it and i found that is not well explained. they also get kicked by "client not responding" sometimes.

so the info in the wiki is wrong, because it says it must be in several folders, not only in expansion\battleye. the problem i have is that the clients connecting to my dedicated server with battleye get fps drops and if i disable it they can play with no problem, so i was checking for the correct way to install it and i found that is not well explained. they also get kicked by "client not responding" sometimes.

The BE files only need to be present in the install folder (which is as easy as it could get). Of course they are also automatically copied to the BE working directory.

Anyway, that's definitely not the problem in your case, BE seems to be running fine on your server. I'm not sure what the cause of the FPS problems is, but "Client not responding" kicks can happen from time to time due to game crashes, network timeouts, etc..

Edited by $able