I've seen that but that seems to be the class names for the actual infantry with the gear on, not the individual items.

I need the class names for the individual items to be added to ammo boxes etc. The backpacks are there which is helpful but I can't see the helmet, plate carrier and uniform class names. An example being "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam" for multicam uniforms.

If you don't have them easily available do you know the best way for me to look them up?

Updated on first page.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Will you update your nice mod with the new Marksmen-Vests?

As for updating the mod with the marksman DLC gear. I don't think it is possible to republish content from that DLC pack.

Updated on first page.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

As for updating the mod with the marksman DLC gear. I don't think it is possible to republish content from that DLC pack.

Awesome! Thanks very much, that's great!

Umm...can anybody confirm that the last update somehow broke the armed AAF Hellcat when using your mod? :eek:

Somehow it is only referred to as Helicopter instead of Hellcat in the editor list and when chosen displays the "cannot open bmp.p3d" error message. From what I read about that error it means that something in the config file went wrong. By the way I'm also using the Replacement config.

I noticed the glitch when I tried placing a Hellcat from the EUROFORCE addon by IndeedPete and that brought up the previous error message. When I deactivated the optional Replacement Addon I could use any of the armed Hellcats again.

I will also look into any compatibility issues with mods like EUROFORCE since I don't have any other mods including the helicopter but that will have to wait until tomorrow. :)

Umm...can anybody confirm that the last update somehow broke the armed AAF Hellcat when using your mod? :eek:

Somehow it is only referred to as Helicopter instead of Hellcat in the editor list and when chosen displays the "cannot open bmp.p3d" error message. From what I read about that error it means that something in the config file went wrong. By the way I'm also using the Replacement config.

I noticed the glitch when I tried placing a Hellcat from the EUROFORCE addon by IndeedPete and that brought up the previous error message. When I deactivated the optional Replacement Addon I could use any of the armed Hellcats again.

I will also look into any compatibility issues with mods like EUROFORCE since I don't have any other mods including the helicopter but that will have to wait until tomorrow. :)

Hello,

Could you try just running the base AAF Desert mod first then add the replacement in after and see if the problem still shows?

If there is a problem then I will have a look at trying to fix it.

Edit: I just tried all three addons (AAF desert, replacement and extra) at the same time with no other mods and I could load the Hellcat without an issue in the editor.

Edited by mycatsaid

Ok, sadly it was neither of my thoughts...not the patch nor EUROFORCE. Instead Dragonfyre Light gets the hickups when using your replacement. But fortunately since Dragonfyre is rather modular it was easy to delete the sound replacement pbo for the Hellcat. Now all of your and EUROFORCEs Hellcats are working again. Even though I don't know why the unarmed Hellcats didn't throw an errors even when using the Dragonfyre file since Dragonfyre only replaces the sound of the engine and stuf like that. :confused:

I don't know if you'd still want to look into that but I found my way around the glitch.:)

Thanks for the quick reply though.:)

Big thx for sharing this mode with us. Is possible to have an option where they would carry AKs?

Big thx for sharing this mode with us. Is possible to have an option where they would carry AKs?

You could always just give them the weapons you want in the init field of each unit. I don't think I will make any extra weapons replacement. Sorry.

Thanks again for your template mycatsaid. Very happy with the results!

th_2015-02-19_00001_zpscoj1db7b.jpg

Is there a way to change the unarmed y-55 to display the brown digital skin?  I prefer the digital skins over the plain ones.  For the original green heli I used: [ this, ["indep",1], true ] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

It worked relativly well, except that from inside the cockpit it still displayed the old drab olive green colours

Great mod BTW - your efforts are much appreciated

I hope Cat sees this, but he's not playing Arma at the moment as far as I'm aware... Hopefully he comes back !

Here's hoping he also gets the support and motivation he needs to get rid of those digi green parts on some of the tracked vehicles as well.

Here's hoping he also gets the support and motivation he needs to get rid of those digi green parts on some of the tracked vehicles as well.

Unfortunately, they cannot be removed. They're proxies and proxies are unable to be retextured.

I think it's just a re-texture config... so should work in ALiVE - you know we never actually tested this !!??

Late replies, first time I logged in to BIS in long time.

Is there a way to change the unarmed y-55 to display the brown digital skin?  I prefer the digital skins over the plain ones.  For the original green heli I used: [ this, ["indep",1], true ] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

It worked relativly well, except that from inside the cockpit it still displayed the old drab olive green colours

Great mod BTW - your efforts are much appreciated

I did try to change the inside of the helicopters when I made the mod but I didn't find anyway of doing it. I know a lot of the models don't contain texturable parts they are actually part of the model iteself like nightmare said. I think you would also need permission to repackage it so fat chance of that. I did think of doing the unarmed one as digi but I just decided to keep it as similar to the original as I could. If I ever do an update (doubtful) then I will add an extra digi version of it.

Also you could try in the unarmed one init in the editor to make digi:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\AAF_Desert\data\AAF_D_VEH_Heli_Light_Camo_IA.paa"];

Alive classname ?

I think it was tested at some point in alive. I've no idea. Sorry. Someone on armaholic asked the same question and I was told it ALIVE just read cfggroups.

MyCatSaid, where is your "Donate Here" link at? I would love to give that a hit when my tax return comes in!

I also have a problem with the pack. The original works perfectly fine. But when I try using the replacement pack, every version of the Mk20, including modded versions, give me an error and don't show up. The main file works, the vanilla rifle has the tan skin, and the Project Honour rifle(s) have their textures, it is just the replacement pack.

Error code is as follows:

Error: loading alternativeFire for muzzle arifle_Mk20_plain_F

MyCatSaid, where is your "Donate Here" link at? I would love to give that a hit when my tax return comes in!

I also have a problem with the pack. The original works perfectly fine. But when I try using the replacement pack, every version of the Mk20, including modded versions, give me an error and don't show up. The main file works, the vanilla rifle has the tan skin, and the Project Honour rifle(s) have their textures, it is just the replacement pack.

Error code is as follows:

I'll take a look at that tonight/tomorrow for you and see if I can fix it.

Also, when I have all 3 packs on, in the arsenal there is a triplet of every desert item, ie 3 desert carryalls, 3 desert MICH, 3 desert officer uniform, so on.

Also still wondering about that donation link?

I've just tested the AAF Desert and AAF Desert Replacement pack and I haven't found this issue. Could you give me more information? What unit class are you using? What weapon? What other mods are you running? Have you tried running just AAF Desert and AAF Desert Replacement and see if the error shows up with just those ones active?

Also, when I have all 3 packs on, in the arsenal there is a triplet of every desert item, ie 3 desert carryalls, 3 desert MICH, 3 desert officer uniform, so on.

Also still wondering about that donation link?

The reason it shows up as three different uniforms is when the game was out (beta/early release) you were not allowed to wear the uniform of the opposite faction. Since the extra pack addon contains the OPFOR and BLUFOR version it creates further items in the arsenal.

As for the donation link, I do not have one, sorry.

Instead of separate uniforms, if you ask the creator of Unlocked Uniforms for permission to use his configs to make it open to all sides, I am highly positive he will allow it. Might help you clean it up a bit?

Even though I never play Arma in vanilla state, I launched as you said, & all MK20 series weapons loaded fine. Apologies for the confusion, but it is nice to see you are still active.

Wondering if you will do any other retexture projects?

Also still really want to know if you could set up a donation link? Most people use PayPal?

I'll tinker with my mod list & see who the culprit is.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE! MOHW mod (Medal of Honour) was the one that caused the error.

Thanks for the update.

3 hours ago, eduardcomando said:

Any plan for update this mod? thanks

Not really. I haven't checked what needs updating exactly. There hasn't been any fault reports either.