Do you happen to know if there's anything one could do to get the newly added unit insignias to work with your units?:confused:

Whenever I call the insignia function on any unit in an AAF Desert uniform it doesn't show up.:icon_neutral:

Edited by DaMaj0r
How do I sentence: Forgot some words.

Do you happen to know if there's anything one could do to get the newly added unit insignias to work with your units?:confused:

Whenever I call the insignia function on any unit in an AAF Desert uniform it doesn't show up.:icon_neutral:

Those have been added with the 3.0 release. Not sure when I'll get it released yet but will have to see. Done all the units and static weapons so far. Had to rebuild the whole addon again.

Good news. It seems the bug with the empty classes only showing AAF Desert is now fixed. Should be able to set proper WEST and EAST factions now.

As for the rest of the mod, the replacement pack is nearly complete. There is a few issues with three vehicles which I am waiting to be looked at by BIS. However I think it will fix itself.

Not sure how long it will take to release but I really want to make sure this is completely fixed without any issues. Should be soonish anyway.

Brilliant news Cat.. Can't wait to get these released onto the server to play against... much better looking than Vanilla. Especially with our new MTP pack as well !! All dressed up and ready for the ball.

SJ

I'm fairly certain this post is dead, but I don't know where else to ask. Is the marksman meant to be wearing that sort of gear or was that a mistake? Could you make an optional config to give the marksman default gear or something? I really hate not being able to take any more than one shot...

Not dead mate - just sleeping

But can you elaborate on what the error your seeing is, it's not the most useful question as it reads now. Cheers I'll poke Cat for you when you can get more detail in.

SJ

I'm fairly certain this post is dead, but I don't know where else to ask. Is the marksman meant to be wearing that sort of gear or was that a mistake? Could you make an optional config to give the marksman default gear or something? I really hate not being able to take any more than one shot...

Hello,

2.0 is really old and I can't really comment on it. The configs are outdated.

I'm going to package 3.0 and release it now that I seem to have fixed everything I needed.

Edited by mycatsaid

Such a great mod. Its a little thing but the camo scheme is so much better than the vanilla camouflage. Glad to see it got an update.

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

New mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@mycatsaid;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Thanks for the headsup about the new versions :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just be aware at the moment with the play withSix version. It seems to be downloading old files along with the new one. For now it would be best to download from Armaholic or Mediafire until this issue is resolved.

Issue has been resolved with AAF Desert version v3.0.0.1, see below. This version is only present on PW6. Other download sources remain version 3.0.

Edited by mycatsaid

Greetings,

it appears that during the previous update to v3.0 @aaf_desert our network did not properly clean out the files of the previous version.

This has now been sorted out. I have also done a forced update to 3.0.0.1 so all users will receive the new and fixed version.

My apologies for any inconveniences and thanks for the report.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Updated mod v3.0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Greetings,

it appears that during the previous update to v3.0 @aaf_desert our network did not properly clean out the files of the previous version.

This has now been sorted out. I have also done a forced update to 3.0.0.1 so all users will receive the new and fixed version.

My apologies for any inconveniences and thanks for the report.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Updated mod v3.0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/8eb27a26-cd57-11e3-b6dd-001517bd964c/logos/banner-420x120.png

Many thanks for the quick response. Looks perfect now.

Love this pack mate. Looks so much more fitting for Altis than the default textures. Am running the replacement config and haven't looked back!

I'd like to retextre a few of the BIS A2 models in your desert colours. Any chance you have a template of the colours and camo pattern? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Chops

Love this pack mate. Looks so much more fitting for Altis than the default textures. Am running the replacement config and haven't looked back!

I'd like to retextre a few of the BIS A2 models in your desert colours. Any chance you have a template of the colours and camo pattern? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Chops

Hello,

Glad you enjoy using the mod.

I don't really have any sort of 'template'. I did most of the texture work over a year ago when I released 2.0.

I was going to do some additional work to the textures but I ended up remaking the whole mod for 3.0 which took a long time.

The last version of the camo texture I made was this.

Click the middle of the image not the yellow bar for larger link.

I0QpHHel.png

It has all the same colours as the one used on my version anyway which you're welcome to use. Not exactly the same pattern but as close as I got.

Agreed! And we can use the AAF for middle-east missions now! ;)

Hello,

Glad you enjoy using the mod.

I don't really have any sort of 'template'. I did most of the texture work over a year ago when I released 2.0.

I was going to do some additional work to the textures but I ended up remaking the whole mod for 3.0 which took a long time.

The last version of the camo texture I made was this.

It has all the same colours as the one used on my version anyway which you're welcome to use. Not exactly the same pattern but as close as I got.

You kind sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much!

Will you update your nice mod with the new Marksmen-Vests?

Might do in future but not sure when I'll get around to adding the new classes.

Hi dude.

Do you have the class names for the plate carriers, uniforms and helmets?

We want to add them to the gear management system we use on our server as it doesn't auto detect items.

Hi dude.

Do you have the class names for the plate carriers, uniforms and helmets?

We want to add them to the gear management system we use on our server as it doesn't auto detect items.

The first page or the readme file.

I've seen that but that seems to be the class names for the actual infantry with the gear on, not the individual items.

I need the class names for the individual items to be added to ammo boxes etc. The backpacks are there which is helpful but I can't see the helmet, plate carrier and uniform class names. An example being "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam" for multicam uniforms.

If you don't have them easily available do you know the best way for me to look them up?