Thats funny because I was able to change only the LODs of trees without touching any models=(

Anyway: That means WITH THE PERMISSION it would be possible?

Best regards!

Thats funny because I was able to change only the LODs of trees without touching any models=(

Anyway: That means WITH THE PERMISSION it would be possible?

Best regards!

Really? Textures?

yes. theres a file with several different plant lod textures in f_plants (or plants_f?)

worked 100%.

Thats the reason i as thinking about doing the same for infantry greetz

yes. theres a file with several different plant lod textures in f_plants (or plants_f?)

worked 100%.

Thats the reason i as thinking about doing the same for infantry greetz

Well, there's the problem I think. I don't think infantry have different LOD textures.

Will be released version 2.0 soon, maybe today if I get it finished.

Now the vehicles models have mostly been updated thanks to the BIS devs I can now apply a better hiddentexture.

Changelog

Ver 2.0

Added

- Hellcat with and without camo.

- MBT Kuma

- FV-720 Mora

- Gunner (Mk6)

- Gunner (Mk30)

- Gunner (GMG)

- Asst. Gunner (Mk30/GMG)

- Asst. Gunner (Mk6)

Will be released version 2.0 soon, maybe today if I get it finished.

Now the vehicles models have mostly been updated thanks to the BIS devs I can now apply a better hiddentexture.

Changelog

Ver 2.0

Added

- Hellcat with and without camo.

- MBT Kuma

- FV-720 Mora

- Gunner (Mk6)

- Gunner (Mk30)

- Gunner (GMG)

- Asst. Gunner (Mk6)

Great job on the texture pack so far, look forward to seeing these variants!

I've been trying to do some retexturing on these models recently as well, but I still have the issue of some parts not being retextured when using setObjectTexture. I was wondering, do you use a different method to get around this?

Great job on the texture pack so far, look forward to seeing these variants!

I've been trying to do some retexturing on these models recently as well, but I still have the issue of some parts not being retextured when using setObjectTexture. I was wondering, do you use a different method to get around this?

There are still some issues with the vehicles I guess that need to be fixed in the model. Only BIS can continue to support the textures.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162052-AAF-Desert&p=2570408&viewfull=1#post2570408

Released version 2.0.

Changelog

Ver 2.0

Added

- Hellcat unarmed and armed.

- MBT Kuma

- FV-720 Mora

- Gunner (Mk6)

- Gunner (Mk30)

- Gunner (GMG)

- Asst. Gunner (Mk6)

Fixes

- BLUFOR and OPFOR AAF Desert updated with current changes.

- BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicle crews are side specific.

- UAV now works on all sides BLUFOR, OPFOR and INDEP.

- Replacement headgear added for Marksman, Light Rifleman, Officer, Explosives Expert to match standard AAF.

Known Bugs

- MBT-52 Kuma retexture not working on other variant. Reported to feedback. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16826

- UAV Backpack for the OPFOR and BLUFOR changes texture after unassembled.

- Some minor vehicle texture bugs are still present. Until BIS update the models further there will be nothing I can do, this will hopefully fix itself in time.

- Standard rifles show as Mk20 variants instead of F2000A. This is because I haven't given them a name and the plain rifles don't come with any. Not a big deal it doesn't effect the weapons in anyway.

YQ5AY9ql.jpg

As usual any problems please report them here.

Enjoy!

AAF Desert 2.0

Download Mirror

Thanks again for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job Cat.. got some nice desert maps in mind for these :)

SJ

Great job Cat.. got some nice desert maps in mind for these :)

SJ

hC5EE07A0

It looks like the AAF Marksman is still wearing his chest rig rather than the AAF light vest, which as a marksman really bothers me because we like protection too-

It looks like the AAF Marksman is still wearing his chest rig rather than the AAF light vest, which as a marksman really bothers me because we like protection too-

I made the marksman more light weight so he stands out from the other units.

You can always use the other vest on your unit by changing it in the init for the vest or add an equipment box down and add all the items from the readme.

If I update the pack in the future I'll add light weight an standard marksmen. But like I said you can use any of the equipment and create your own unit how you like.

In the editor, there are 2 AAF Deserts listed under Opfor, and the Empty > Armored section becomes restricted to only AAF Desert vehicles. Can you reproduce this bug?

In the editor, there are 2 AAF Deserts listed under Opfor, and the Empty > Armored section becomes restricted to only AAF Desert vehicles. Can you reproduce this bug?

Just tested it myself and can reproduce this bug. Also the empty classes get replaced in more than one area, armored, air, automomous. I'll take a look at releasing an update to fix this.

Edited by mycatsaid

Cat, please can you also check if the units are Zeus Compatible ? Would be superb and a good additonal mod to add to our Stage 3 Dev.

(I assume if they are zeus compatible they will be ALiVE compatible ? )

Anyone know ?

SJ

Cat, please can you also check if the units are Zeus Compatible ? Would be superb and a good additonal mod to add to our Stage 3 Dev.

(I assume if they are zeus compatible they will be ALiVE compatible ? )

Anyone know ?

SJ

Will have to check that out later. Not sure how long this fix is going to take me. I've realised that the standard vehicles don't even show in the EMPTY category. Strange because the backpack classes do and don't interfere with any other vanilla classes.

BI has overhauled their configs I think.. probably worth having a look at the current Vaniall AAF again and checking all aligned etc.

SJ

BI has overhauled their configs I think.. probably worth having a look at the current Vaniall AAF again and checking all aligned etc.

SJ

Yeah, going to have to. I'm looking in to it now.

AFAIK to make units show up in Zeus you just have to add the units to the cfgPatches config. For example:

class CfgPatches {
class MyCatSaid_AAFDesert {
	units[] = {"unit1_F", "unit2_F", "unit3_F", "unit4_F"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

AFAIK to make units show up in Zeus you just have to add the units to the cfgPatches config. For example:

class CfgPatches {
class MyCatSaid_AAFDesert {
	units[] = {"unit1_F", "unit2_F", "unit3_F", "unit4_F"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

Then that is already done and should work within 2.0.

Oh really? Hmmm, I don't know why they're not showing up then.