Good to see you've released these Cat, I know you were working on them for ages!

Edited by JamieG

Please make groups like the vanilla AAF!

That is something that will come with the next patch.

For now you will have to make your own or use the replacement pack for the standard AAF.

Looks great! Only problem is the camoflauge on the vehicles, as it has the same colour as the CSAT camoflague. Is that going to be permanent?

Still, great addon! This really makes them blend in with the environment.

Looks great! Only problem is the camoflauge on the vehicles, as it has the same colour as the CSAT camoflague. Is that going to be permanent?

Still, great addon! This really makes them blend in with the environment.

Thanks.

I doubt I will modify the vehicles much. I did think about making them all one colour like the weapons but that didn't look as good. At the end of the day its desert camouflage. Nothing much more you can do with it. It does have its own distinct pattern which should make it stand out over the OPFOR vehicles. People are just going to have to take a bit more care with that they shoot at :)

Edited by mycatsaid

Released version 1.1.2.

Changelog

Ver 1.1.2

Fixes

- Officer uniform showing as OPFOR (Must have been some class replacement by BIS).

- Unmanned Ground Vehicle RCWS turret not showing as AAF Desert camo.

- Mk20 MRCO showing up as invisible for replacement pack. Removed the class and seem to fix, might only be temporary will keep an eye on it.

Added

- Groups to the AAF Desert units.

- Added scenario mission "Showcase: AAF Desert". I use this to check for bugs but it can also be used to take a better look at all the units available.

AAF Desert 1.1.2

Download Mirror

Thanks a lot for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: I have disabled (and will forward) the replacement addon released with version 1.1.1. I guess it is now included with the pack so the version 1.1.1 replacement is no longer valid right?

Sorry, you explained this in your PM, question was answered!

Edited by Guest

Released version 1.1.3.

Changelog

Ver 1.1.3

Fixes

- Officer uniform returned back to the AAF version.

AAF Desert 1.1.3

Download Mirror

Screenshots from Campaign Requires Replacement Pack from the Optional folder.

Turn your "Greenbacks" into "Yellowbacks"?

ZtP1gtCl.jpg

53PVoB4l.jpg

fKmMMopl.jpg

Brownbacks. Brown as turd those stinking greenbacks... nice addon.

Why didn't I think of that? lol. Suits it better.

Brownbacks. Brown as turd those stinking greenbacks... nice addon.

Now to change the voice acting to "Brownbacks"... :D

IlI2ujgl.jpg

Working on texturing the new vehicles to AAF Desert. Ran into some problems with some of the vehicles. Parts of the vehicles are not hiddentexture compatible yet and I don't know when or if they will be.

Hopefully this is just glitches with the dev build and fixed in full release.

My vehicles issues are these below.

IJj4D4Sl.jpg

9AmMDiCl.jpg

9dt6nEwl.jpg

q3PtMqUl.jpg

Had the issue with the wheeled APC for ages and no reply on the feedback tracker. It's mostly the small parts of the vehicles.

Edit just got a reply from the report about the hellcat. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16385

Edited by mycatsaid

Hi there :) there is only one problem with this thing. Our models have camo selections on the "main" parts.

This means, that parts of the proxy cannot be retextured. I am trying to improve that, but there are many limitations.

Some progress is mentioned there - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12463

Upvoted.. This is an awesome mod and Looking forward to getting them into the Missions CAT (!!!)

SJ

Hi there :) there is only one problem with this thing. Our models have camo selections on the "main" parts.

This means, that parts of the proxy cannot be retextured. I am trying to improve that, but there are many limitations.

Great, thanks for the reply.

So you mean to say that you guys didn't group your model selections by what texture they use?

you will still keep the normal AAF when you choose in editor the indipendet faction you see:AAF and AAF desert. but if you want you can replace the normal AAF units.

Thank you!

On a side note: I allready asked the question elsewhere but since mycatsaid is working on exactly that, I will just ask it here since it could also be interesting for the modder.

Is it possible to change the LOD texture seperately?

An extreme example: Would it be possible to have a unit that is green in one LOD and yellow in another?

The reason I ask is because camouflage at distance basically comes down to who has the darker uniform. Because of this theres atm no better camouflage than a diver suite at distance... (Good job BIS)

I tested it in several environments and it allways has the same result: Black is the number one camouflage at distances. (Heres an example of a ghillie suite vs a diver suite)

Therefore it would make sense to darken the LODs of the units so they fit in better with the distance environment.

Now is this possible?

Best regards!

Thank you!

On a side note: I allready asked the question elsewhere but since mycatsaid is working on exactly that, I will just ask it here since it could also be interesting for the modder.

Is it possible to change the LOD texture seperately?

An extreme example: Would it be possible to have a unit that is green in one LOD and yellow in another?

The reason I ask is because camouflage at distance basically comes down to who has the darker uniform. Because of this theres atm no better camouflage than a diver suite at distance... (Good job BIS)

I tested it in several environments and it allways has the same result: Black is the number one camouflage at distances. (Heres an example of a ghillie suite vs a diver suite)

Therefore it would make sense to darken the LODs of the units so they fit in better with the distance environment.

Now is this possible?

Best regards!

Depends what environment you are playing in. These are primarily used for the desert. As the current ArmA 3 maps are mostly green environment they kinda stand out a lot so it's not perfect.

ArmA 2 had lots of good desert environments that will hopefully be recreated in ArmA 3.

But will take the suggestions into mind in case I do need to tweak in the future.

As for your previous question on page 7. The readme file will explain all.

We have progress :D Good job BIS.

Hopefully the rest will be fixed soon.

XYUrYgUl.jpg

I tested the camouflages in different terrains. At distance it all comes down to who is darker (at least near fooliage like trees and plants)

Sry if I am too insistant but Ill ask again: Is it possible to adjust the LODs seperately to darken only the LODs for distance but not the close up textures?

Kindest regards!

I tested the camouflages in different terrains. At distance it all comes down to who is darker (at least near foliage like trees and plants)

Sry if I am too insistent but Ill ask again: Is it possible to adjust the LODs separately to darken only the LODs for distance but not the close up textures?

Kindest regards!

No. You can't. You'd have to change the model to do that. And make darker textures for different LODs to use. You can't do that without editing the model.