Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Hunter first person postion is too low

Hi guys,

does anyone drive the Hunter in 1st person mode? I would really like to, immersion you know, but it feels like the character is sitting too low. I can't see a s**t, what do you think? It's almost impossible without hitting rocks I think. I can only drive 3rd person with it...

Hmmm. Thoughts?

Edited by PurePassion
please use descriptive thread titles. Thank you! :)

I drive mostly in 1st, in pretty much all vehicles.

It takes a lot of practice to drive, but you are indeed right when you say "i cant see ****" :)

Sometimes its a huge problem, other times its of no concern to me, i truly depends on the situation.

You can press ctrl+e\q to "roll" the camera inside vehicles, would be interesting if you could go ctrl+w\s to "adjust your seat" and actually change your view position (not fov) like many race sims does.

Doable? Ticket?

You can press ctrl+e\q to "roll" the camera inside vehicles, would be interesting if you could go ctrl+w\s to "adjust your seat" and actually change your view position (not fov) like many race sims does.

Doable? Ticket?

Agreed although - settings to move a seat forward or backward could work even better

If arma 3 had full DOF working - then you could just adjust "head" camera like you want

What does Depth of Field have to do with moving the camera in a car?

What does Depth of Field have to do with moving the camera in a car?

I think he means POV :)

Well, if you're looking for immersion and realism, it's there. M-ATVs (the hunters real counterpart) have a horrible field of view and take a lot of getting used to.

Though all the M-ATVs I've driven had spotting mirrors on the hood that help out a lot.

Guys, now I need your help, I am on the DEV build. I have assigned:

- w: slow speed

- shift+w: normal speed

- ctrl+w: turbo

But when I press ctrl+w my character inside the vehicle looks down strangely. I cannot look forward any more and the only solution I found is to re-enter the vehicle. Happened to me in a HEMTT. I didn't find a keyboard shortcut for this view... What is it?

Guys, now I need your help, I am on the DEV build. I have assigned:

- w: slow speed

- shift+w: normal speed

- ctrl+w: turbo

But when I press ctrl+w my character inside the vehicle looks down strangely. I cannot look forward any more and the only solution I found is to re-enter the vehicle. Happened to me in a HEMTT. I didn't find a keyboard shortcut for this view... What is it?

Everybody on the floor now, it's the thread hijacker!

BTT: From this picture the FOV doesn't seem too bad for the driver, so I guess a tat more view for the driver would be acceptable. I find it really hard to follow roads, especially when you are driving up a road with slope, even if it's just a really small amount.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/-images/2011/05/09/107985/size0-army.mil-107985-2011-05-09-160518.jpg

Everybody on the floor now, it's the thread hijacker!

Ha. This thread is my property! No moderator can prevent me... ummmh...^w^w^w^w^w^w

EDIT: Oh, this is my 500th post. How valuable ;)

Ha. This thread is my property! No moderator can prevent me... ummmh...^w^w^w^w^w^w

EDIT: Oh, this is my 500th post. How valuable ;)

You hijacked your own thread... even worse. :p

I don't know why people complain about the Hunter. It is fine, all we need is 6DOF. You can't see shit out of these vehicles in real life either, what makes a difference is that irl you can move your head around.