Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Is my values ok (Height/satmap)

In the SFP mod we trying to do a new island but been having a lot of problems when we tried to scale up from testing to "real".

So, just to confirm. Should this work:

Heightmap: 4096x4096, 16 bit with 3.75 satelite grid. = 15 360 meters

Textures: Satelite and mask, 15 360 pixlar, 24 bit.

What normally happens, it looks good in visitor. Start buldozer and it loads nicely with textures perfectly.

Start arma3.exe "as buldozer" to save it as WRP, goes very well.

When I try to pbo the island (got code, textures and the .wrp in three different pbos) the .wrp takes extremly long time to pack.

So tried with 2048x7 in height map (in case it didn't like the 3.75 grid size) and again, looks nice but wrp takes long time to pack.

in the end it crashes when I try to load the island in arma3. Wamako works perfectly.

Are you trying to pbo the island with no objects on it ?

Give me all you're settings and i will try on my computer or if you trust me, you can send me your island files.

i dont think it will ike 3.75 mayb it aready rounded it upto 3.8 auomatically or ?

aso remember you cant phsyically place item on a 4096 map in visitor it is restricive you must import and from another map and ctrl V the correctly orientated piece .

Biggestkiler is if you have arma3 p3ds for reffrence when binarising , best to use zeroG addon and make own clutter p3d with correct name and folder structure , i use Arma1 and save in new o2 so they are upto a2 standard 48 or 50 i forget but this is what current Binpbo expects not type 58 or 54 which is Arma3 .

Lastly and most obvious seperate confg from the wrp and so once you have wrp binarised no need to rebinarise wrp for small changes in the CPP

http://granq.se/tmp/sfp_roso.zip <- 170 mb..

maybe have to find some other solution to all this :/

Thanks, i'll look into it.

Edit : Visitor is hard at work, will tell you more later ;)

Nice looking map btw

Edited by PepinKr

thanks, just tried 1024* 15 grid, worked perfectly.

Wish could do 7.5 tho..

2048 x 2048 @ 7.5 meters should work fine - that's roughly the same ballpark figures as eg: Takistan...

For the "classic" 1 meter/pixel Sat & Mask layer you'd want to aim for a 15360x15360 size, with a "Base Texture Layer" size of 30m x 30m

Pretty much standard sizes - they should perform well in-game if not overdressed and shouldn't present any techie issues at all...

B

thanks, just tried 1024* 15 grid, worked perfectly.

Wish could do 7.5 tho..

Was gonna tell you to try this size ^^, i tried your initial config and it crashed arma and windows !

Was gonna tell you to try this size ^^, i tried your initial config and it crashed arma and windows !

ah so maybe its related to my config somehow? cause it works in buldozer..

EDIT, on the 3rd (or is it forth day) of importing and packing over and over again. Its working, thanks all for taking your time :)

Edited by granQ