Sign in to follow this  
Fixxerdot

Thruster alignment

Hi guys!

Thanks for the new missions at Kaisers Crater:)

I guess you know about this thing, where the thrusters seems to be blasting flames in all directions? Will there be a fix on that in the near future? Its kinda funny when you land, and expecting the skycrane to go bananas in all directions hehe. :P

Hi guys!

Thanks for the new missions at Kaisers Crater:)

I guess you know about this thing, where the thrusters seems to be blasting flames in all directions? Will there be a fix on that in the near future? Its kinda funny when you land, and expecting the skycrane to go bananas in all directions hehe. :P

Hi, no problem, there will actually be a mission generator that will be implemented in the coming weeks :)

Flames in all directions? Sorry I don't quite catch what you mean, I presume the elongated thruster flames?

I noticed this, too. I think what he means is that when the thrusters work at high thrust (and high speed) at the beginning of the descent, the thruster flames do not originate from the thrusters themselves, but actually start a good way *above* them, extending through the thrusters and onwards below them (so it does look a bit like as if the thruster was firing in two directions simultaneously). And the slower the lander gets, the more the point of origin of the flames moves down towards the actual thruster nozzle, looking more and more realistic.

I noticed this, too. I think what he means is that when the thrusters work at high thrust (and high speed) at the beginning of the descent, the thruster flames do not originate from the thrusters themselves, but actually start a good way *above* them, extending through the thrusters and onwards below them (so it does look a bit like as if the thruster was firing in two directions simultaneously). And the slower the lander gets, the more the point of origin of the flames moves down towards the actual thruster nozzle, looking more and more realistic.

Ahh right. Yeah I'll be fixing this. It looks like a bit of a laser show on descent.