Enricksolt

Advanced Cockpit Interaction

Brilliant absolutely brilliant. It isn't DCS but it adds a lot to what is needed and makes it more fun. Thanks for doing this.

Really looking forward to this mod. I was extremely disappointed when I saw that BI wasn't going to make aircraft cockpits as interactive as they hyped it up to be. Hopefully, you'll be able to introduce something similar to what we were all looking forward to.

Any chance you'll also implement similar -- or perhaps more complex -- features for Jets such as the Buzzard? <3

You know, giving the "DCS mouse" some thought, I wonder if it'd be possible to press a key to open a completely invisible full-screen GUI and then register clicks on that, or whether the RV4 engine is locked into the Button mentality. It'd require some pretty fancy math to project the coordinates of the cockpit points from their XYZ rotation vectors onto the 2D plane that is the player's view, but it seems like you've already done that as far as being able to render the locations of the icons anyway.

I haven't worked with the GUIs more than trying to rig up a faithful recreation of the Mercenaries 2 satellite-guided bomb, but there must be a way to position GUI elements anywhere on screen and update it every frame. If so, even if you can't get away with a fully-transparent system, you could still put the buttons over top of the respective areas where cockpit controls are, and then set a keybind to open this GUI -- presumably locking your view, although TrackIR would still require working around -- so that you could click anywhere.

It wouldn't be full-fidelity like DCS because the 2D buttons would be bigger than the 3D interactive switches of DCS (skimming the surface of the fact that it'd be foolish to try for full-fidelity simulation in Arma anyway), but it seems like it'd be doable!

Edited by jtgibson

Why this isn't in vanilla A3?

I could say that will any mod that should have really been in A3 in it's self. It seems the community almost does better DEV work than BI themselves (understatement). For example, @RealSound (@RS), JSRS, and this fine master piece. Say, could you do Jet interactions for the Buzzards? Dude, that would do it for me.

Has anyone noticed that OP hasn't posted or said anything since September 4th?

And? All the more time to code! We don't need a blow by blow account.

i say alien abduction. the signs are pretty clear. the signs bro THE SI.... :beam:

Has anyone noticed that OP hasn't posted or said anything since September 4th?

Because i'm working around for solving a lot of the issues before releasing it and since i'm not working full time on this is going very slowly. I didn't post anymore because there is not many reasons to post just for say "I'm not dead, i'm still working!".

I'm gonna release some kind of "beta" version soon, just for tracking down bugs and to gather some advice.

This mod is so a good surprise !

By watching the video, it makes so much sense.

The Arma series is really nothing without the modders army :)

Look at the Iron Front experience. No mods, and the game was dead in a couple of months.

Can't wait for this awesome mod !

Great Mod, i can't wait to play with it!! thank you for your hard work :)

I dont want to be rude, but have you asked the Take On Helicopters developers permission to do this. If you havent, then you have ilegally copied off their Idea!:eek:

Every one of those icons is part of Take On Helicopters. (by the way, I have Take On Helicopters, and when I see those icons, I know its theirs).

PHOTO OF TAKE ON HELICOPTERS:

ridzcm.jpg

AND YOUR INTERACTION ONE LOOKS THE SAME:

4g50uc.jpg

So if you havn't asked permission, then I feel sorry for you.

Ranwer

I dont want to be rude, but have you asked the Take On Helicopters developers permission to do this. If you havent, then you have ilegally copied off their Idea!:eek:

Every one of those icons is part of Take On Helicopters. (by the way, I have Take On Helicopters, and when I see those icons, I know its theirs).

PHOTO OF TAKE ON HELICOPTERS:

http://i41.tinypic.com/ridzcm.jpg

AND YOUR INTERACTION ONE LOOKS THE SAME:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4g50uc.jpg

So if you havn't asked permission, then I feel sorry for you.

Ranwer

TOH devs = BIS... the Arma devs, who have given permission for their material to be used for free mods (after all, where did the helicopter model come from?)

lol, I suppose your right. (didnt realise the ArmA 3 heli models were the Take On Helicopters models). I suppose maybe the DEV team forgot to add the Interaction. (lol, if it was released as an update, ill be just fireing 1 round of bullets at an enemy chopper then:o)

Cheers!

Ranwer

Looking at the icon difference between the first video and update #1 I would prefer not to have the icons visible all the time. It's not only immersion, I don't like too much UI, but I like the idea to search around a new cockpit until you find what you need. When you learn and know one helicopter you don't have to search anymore. Jump into an unknown and it will naturally take some time to find your way on the panels.

Maybe you can have some user setting to enable/disable constant icons?

And thank you very much, this should have been part of the vanilla game!!

All you need is to pop the icons into view when you are looking +-15 deg from the actual button etc! But I'm ok with how it looks anyway.

Yeah, this is a much needed addition to A3 and I foresee many ambitious mod-makers wanting to get their hands on a framework or guide to this level of interaction for their vehicles. Good work!

Edited by Ceds

This looks really promesing dude!! It seems like more people are creating features for the game to enhance the experience. I've also seen a guy who has taken upon himself to tackle the horrible command/action menu.

I told him, like I'm gonna tell you now, I think you should try and contact the developers behind the ACE mod who are currently developing the next itteration for Arma 3. I think those guys would be really interested in implementhing these kind of features and could probably help you along a bunch.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :D

Enricksolt I love you mod and way how it`s work. I was wondering if you could join "forces: with Sakura_Chan and his no keys mod, you both could create something amazing! (sorry for my english)

Enricksolt I love you mod and way how it`s work. I was wondering if you could join "forces: with Sakura_Chan and his no keys mod, you both could create something amazing! (sorry for my english)

Totally agree.

actually I am waiting for both mods (apart OFRP ;) )

but I think that it could not be possible to install both mod so why don't merge them ! both looks excellent.

(sorry for my English to (I m french ;) )

Ps : it's a copy past from the "no keys mod" thread