Enricksolt

Advanced Cockpit Interaction

I'd really recommend talking with the guy that does Keys: NO action menu though. Maybe you already had contact, but the stuff from your latest update video looks a damn lot like what he's trying to achieve. No need to do double work. Combining it would be great if you ask me. Then we also need that guy that's working on the explosives handling + the guy that's going crazy on the grenade system to group up and most of my control annoyances will be fixed already :D

^^ You mean to say you DIDN'T read the rules when you clicked OK on joining ? Shame. Yeah you can't bump threads.

I'm sure we will get the goodness SoonTM.

Don't blame me, I'm too used to ignoring text walls when signing up and just agreeing. I will look for the rules then.

Several people including myself have proposed this to both guys :) They have some separate things but their mods do overlap in areas, hence causing some issues for the end user unless one of them trumps the other guy and provides the whole package.

But these two working together would be off the charts. Seriously, get skype, introduce yourself and be gods in the eyes of us hardcore freaks.

I'd really recommend talking with the guy that does Keys: NO action menu though. Maybe you already had contact, but the stuff from your latest update video looks a damn lot like what he's trying to achieve. No need to do double work. Combining it would be great if you ask me. Then we also need that guy that's working on the explosives handling + the guy that's going crazy on the grenade system to group up and most of my control annoyances will be fixed already :D

hahaha.. i just wrote similar thing on NO Action menu thread..and got to this page and read this..LOL

I wrote it multiple times on both threads, just because it would be really nice, seeing they're doing some overlapping work. I'm just a fan of 'complete' addons. Full country packages, with vehicles, weapons and textures.... Complete radio overhaul (ACRE) and for controls a combination between the things mentioned could be perfect. Then just add a bipod system to it and most interaction is a-okay with me.

Nice work man!

I've become a pretty decent sim pilot on DCS and I also play Arma 2 / ACE as well. While I like Arma, the problem with it is that it doesn't have any decent flight simulation. The flight model really sucks. What I'm really looking for is a sim with the infantry of Arma 2, the vehicles of Steel Beasts Pro and the flight simulation of DCS. While Arma 3 is kinda fail, they did do a better job this time on the infantry movement, and the lighting and graphics are better. DCS has told a number of people inquiring on the forums that they have NO intention of sticking FPS into their "world". They should call their sim DCS:SKY as thats about all their is to it. Once you learn to fly, that's about it. You can have ground AI, but they just basically stand there while they are shot up. No fun in that.

Anyway, I'm hoping the community can do what they can to stick realistic flight / vehicle simulation in Arma 3. Hopefully, BIS will wake up and see that it is a way to save their dying game and make a real world out of it. The graphics are pretty decent and Altis is big enough for at least heli flight. A little bigger probably needed for jets to manuever in. I've heard from a number of BF3 players that they want a more realistic BF3. We'll here's your chance BIS. Give us a better Arma 2 with realistic vehicles / infantry / and aircraft.

Here is what would be nice to see in Arma 3 -

Aircraft / Vehicle startup with 6dof cockpit, clickable cockpit, all systems simulated, able to draw your .45 and shoot at people trying to kill you while you startup!:p:uzi:

( I don't know if you've ever flown in realistic flight sims, so apologies if you already know this stuff ).

Thanks!, and good luck with your mod!

---------- Post added at 03:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Just saw your video here. That looked really nice. So much more real! A great first step towards realism!

Edit: Since your working on heli's in your video, I thought you might like this video of the startup of the realistic Ka-50 Black Shark from DCS ( something to ponder. ).

Edited by Harbinger2456

No disrespect, but I'd suggest most of us don't want to emulate DCS cockpit interaction ..... thats going too far for a game like ArmA3.

ToH is about the right level.

Harbinger, I think they took extreme care with planning etc on this, the detail is amazing for ArmA and they would almost certainly have had to use many references to create the interior. I would say from that then that it is a choice Franze and NodUnit made themselves to go with a more ToH style rather than DCS, as though it'd be cool to have some vehicles with such interaction, as Gnat said, it's rather niché. That said, I'm sure someone someday will make one with DCS style interaction :D

Lol, yeah. I can't really imagine some A3 player learning all 40 pages of the A-10C's CDU.:p But it would be nice to have the basics, like working MFDs, Fire Control Computers that actually calculate hud gunsights, AN ACTUAL HUD!, working gauges, laser ranging and targeting, EO systems such as a Shkval, CCRP / CCIP bombing modes with working hud sights, nav computers and moving maps, helmet mounted sighting system for helicopter cannons and snap EO targeting, AN ACTUALLY DECENT FLIGHT MODEL!, FLIR weapon sights.

It might be nice to model the APU / Turbofan engine startup as well ( and I mean simplistic, no having to flip the booster pumps on, etc.), as it really isn't that hard and only takes a minute or two.

EEG, INS systems, CDU, Maverick EO spinup, yeah, probably a little beyond the scope of this game for now.

I just put up those videos as a reference for any modders who wanted to see a realistically modeled jet / chopper. Wish I could mod, and I have long ago (UT), but no longer have the time for it.

I love DCS, but for the life of me, those guys have no interest in putting in vehicles or FPS, and their AI on the ground is non-existent. That or they're the most disciplined soldiers I have ever seen!:butbut:

Edited by Harbinger2456

Basic startup actions should be implemented, like:

Turning Battery on -> Turning Fuel pumps on -> Turning APU on -> Wait for Engine to start eca

I think thats a pretty handable solution and not to complicated. of course, you could do it like in DCS or BMS Falcon, for which I made a complete startup sheet, but that would only make it way more difficult to learn for a newbie.

Needing this badly! Looks totally brilliant and will add yet another layer of realism over what we have already.

Yeah if these can be programmable keys I can set to switches on my Warthog HOTAS, I'll name my first bastard son after you!

Dude, this shit's amazing!

Please finish this mod and release it, I will be the happiest man!

Now disconnect the mouse from the camera or vehicle controls and you'll have DCS-like fidelity! :D