Enricksolt

Advanced Cockpit Interaction

A new video, Yay! :D

The HUD is disabled in flight because of this:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2z84tu9.jpg

I think the best solution for this is to use memoryPoints, but for do this i need to edit the default 3D model of the aircraft and i have no idea how to do it.

Excellent! Could release this version early then work on memory point version.

Will you be making this for other vehicles as well? Or will it remain a helicopter feature?

A new video, Yay! :D

The HUD is disabled in flight because of this:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2z84tu9.jpg

I think the best solution for this is to use memoryPoints, but for do this i need to edit the default 3D model of the aircraft and i have no idea how to do it.

Unfortunately you can't work on the vehicles memory points itself..not legally.

^^ then what you have is great! We need this interaction for ALL vehicles as standard!

Looks good so far :)

It reminds me slightly of DCS, looking forward to see the finished results.

I'm very excited, your progress looks great! I'd also be very very interested that can it be applied to other vehicles as well, there are endless possibilities where this would be superb addition...! :p

Unfortunately you can't work on the vehicles memory points itself..not legally.

i'm working on something similar and what i try to do is using common memory points. for the engine i try to use stuff like the anim axis for the "joystick" in helis and the "steeringwheel" in cars. yu can also work with the memory points for the instruments. it's not always ideal though so i personally am now making a universial menu for inside vehicles. would be nice to see something more detailed though.

When I saw the update-video, I wet myself....

I totally second that!..

Wow I can't believe no-one's ever done or thought of this, so much potential. :eek: Just gonna quote a question from the first page:

Can/will co-pilots be able to use these actions or no?

Awesome work so far,keep it up as we could be doing with this kind of interaction.

One question, do the icons disappear when you start flying or do they stay there all the time?

Regards,

Mick. :)

yea clickable icons would be cool. or a frame around the area the button is located. i actually think though that what you describe as cumbersome can also be more immersive. all depends on the final execution though. if not working with icons one could just use bigger areas like the whole instrument panel as a reference point for actions like "start engine".
That's what I mean, it does come down to the execution, and right now NodUnit/Franze's AH-64D Longbow which has finally gotten public release both implements this concept... but shows "obvious WIP" limitations. In contrast, I'm more pleased with how Enricksolt has implemented the GUI aspect of this mod so far.

New video, new stuff, yeah! :D

For answering fome FAQ:

Yes, co-pilot will have dedicated interaction with the cockpit, depending on the aircraft type.

All interaction with the cockpit are disabled while flying because the is a problem that i haven't fixed yet.

This system is very "open" and it can be easily applied on any vehicle, if properly configured.

One thing to make this perfect: Before starting the engine, make a knob for turning the APUs on :D

But for the rest. More than awesome. This is going to be exceptional great.

nice work now we need to make it so a server can force a Mod running like this so No Little Kids Jump in the helicopters and fly off and leave them on the battlefield With a Real Takon Helicopters startup thats going to be Nice!

Great work here. Are you making this in modules? By that, I mean, say some of us want to go that extra step and add the "Service Points" into a mission. I know that the ToH models all have memory points on each blade, the tail rotor blades, the skids, etc., etc. I'd like to be able to add that level in, but not every one will be the same. Therefore, as I mentioned, is it possible for us to create a module that will allow for an "Inspection" mode or "Pre-flight Check" to the mix?

Thanks

In understand what you are saying Raptor6, however I think the level of detail included already is more than sufficient. I suppose you could always take a walk around the craft if you were that way inclined for the level of simulation, but for me, twiddle some knobs and off we go !

I agree with RedPhoenix about the APUs however.

For the love of God Enricksolt ... please do ALL TEH THINGZ !! ( I mean rolling it out to all vehicles :) )