Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

Game crashes when getting in vehicle

Hello guys,

My game is crashing when I try to get into a vehicle I made. Have anyone run into this problem already? What could it be?

Thx

Must be something in your view pilot which is causing the crash. Did you have a look in your RPT file for any errors?

No, i do not have a pilot view? I will try to set one up now. Any advices?

No, i do not have a pilot view? I will try to set one up now. Any advices?

Copy an existing lod (1000) and the remove everything you can't see from the drivers view (wheels, side, front panels etc) - call it 'View Pilot'

Then do the same but from the passengers perspective - call it 'View Cargo'

Its also likely your missing a few other things as well (such as a driver / passenger proxy).

See the following (it looks old, but still relevant):

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson2/lesson2_h.htm

In fact go to start of the lesson anc check you have everything.

Edited by shinkicker

Copy an existing lod (1000) and the remove everything you can't see from the drivers view (wheels, side, front panels etc) - call it 'View Pilot'

Then do the same but from the passengers perspective - call it 'View Cargo'

Its also likely your missing a few other things as well (such as a driver / passenger proxy).

See the following (it looks old, but still relevant):

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson2/lesson2_h.htm

In fact go to start of the lesson anc check you have everything.

Thank you Sir. I will try that soon. I do have the driver and passenger proxy. Can someone tell me if it is ok to borrow the config from arma 3 vehicles as a base from which i would try to base my model?

Thank you Sir. I will try that soon. I do have the driver and passenger proxy. Can someone tell me if it is ok to borrow the config from arma 3 vehicles as a base from which i would try to base my model?

Anyone? I don't want to do anything illegal. It is more like for learning purposes Anyways would it cause crashes, if i use a config from other arma 3 vehicle?

Edited by Odyseus

Borrow the BIS config ?!

Absolutely! You're expected to.

Edit

You can't just use a 100% copy, you have to use it within your own class.

But by inheriting a BIS class you pretty much get it all.

But you probably knew that

Gnat;2476847']Borrow the BIS config ?!

Absolutely! You're expected to.

Edit

You can't just use a 100% copy' date=' you have to use it within your own class.

But by inheriting a BIS class you pretty much get it all.

But you probably knew that[/quote']

@ Gnat - Thx man. Once again! Yeahh ? How can I unpack the bin? I m trying but getting some errors. I try different programs but one of them i m getting error on installation, and the other one gets an error durring the process. I think it says something along the lines of "Cant unpack file, file is not bin or the right file or something like that" :D

Anyways I have found the "uh80" config i think. It is not the config i wanted but since i cant unbin other one, it is what i m working with now. I did some changes on the classes, but game crash when i try to before i can start a mission. I will be posting my version ASAP. Any ideas!?

PS model was working fine with other config i had. :/ , by the way I was up all nite last night trying to get that #$$%@#$$@#$ config to work. I guess that gives a new meaning to "armaholik"! :D

@ Shinkicker - "Did you have a look in your RPT file for any errors?" How do i do that?

Edited by Odyseus

Gnat;2477472']Unpack BIN files? No' date=' dont do that.

Download & browse the AllInOne config file

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150548-AllInOne-config-from-A3[/url]

Thx man. excuse my ignorance! But what is allinone config file. I must be blind, cant find the air vehicle there. :/

Edited by Odyseus

its ALL configs from ArmA3

Search inside the file

start with "class plane" for example

Gnat;2478183']its ALL configs from ArmA3

Search inside the file

Owwww thx brother. Found it. Now what!? anymore advices?

At this time. I notice there are class helicopter and under that class they have class helicopters_base_F:helicopter which I believe to be some of the other helicopter there. Do you think i should have my ad-don dependent from this classes_base?

Thx Gnat, once again man!

I have another copy of the game on my pc that doesn't have this problem(or didn't, but  may not have the latest update). If there is an error causing the screen to fade and the game to crash every time I get into a vehicle perhaps someone can please tell me which file or folder is the culprit. I imagine I can just copy the one and replace the corrupt one, no?