Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

2017 - Official Announcement!

I assume you guys are going to change the ambiant lighting? Because the distant fog is a bit too "bluish" for the post-apo mood. ;)

Anyway, courage and good luck to all the team - love what you've been doing ever since DayZ 2017!

Very pumped for this mod, been lurking on your forums also, it seems the whole attitude of the team is spot on and will progress towards a fantastic final result, I'll be trying it as soon as it releases!

Once more, really impressive progress with this mod guys!

This is gonna be freaky..!!! :)

;) you will see

Hey there, will players also be able to use 2017 in single-player as well? Personally, I would really like to use the assets and custom NPCs to make my own scenarios and missions with the editor.

Thanks.

Hey there, will players also be able to use 2017 in single-player as well? Personally, I would really like to use the assets and custom NPCs to make my own scenarios and missions with the editor.

Thanks.

There will be a SP part that will have an influence on MP - I assume it will be possible to create custom missions as well.

updated the OP since that one was really outdated. text part still needs to be redone.

here are 3 new screenshots i added, the old ones had placeholder stuff on it.

a59dGPK.png zOShGSK.png K9mCdUk.png

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

Hey guys..!

Heads up- you've been featured in PC Gamer again, congratulations!!! :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/20/arma-3-mod-2017-shows-a-world-of-creepers-and-sadists-in-new-video/

Lookin' good..!

thanks! :)

Also following your awesome Nova zona project great work your doing there.

Also following your awesome Nova zona project great work your doing there.

2017 are impressed with his work and indeed are following ;)

I was wondering...

If I understand correctly, you guys are using the post-apo units by Icewindo right now and are creating new ones. Are you going to keep the PAU in the final stages of 2017?

And if not, has it been considered to release the ported models for Arma3? Because those units do look awesome in A3, I'm sure a lot of people are eager to play with them. ;)

I was wondering...

If I understand correctly, you guys are using the post-apo units by Icewindo right now and are creating new ones. Are you going to keep the PAU in the final stages of 2017?

And if not, has it been considered to release the ported models for Arma3? Because those units do look awesome in A3, I'm sure a lot of people are eager to play with them. ;)

All Icewindos stuff has been swapped out now and we have are own models (you can see the new models on the far left photo top posts above).

It would be up to Icewindo as to if they are released, if he is cool with it I am sure the rest of the team would not mind (pending a check ofc).

Edited by shinkicker

Thanks Shinkicker, I think I'm gonna give Icewindo a shout then! ;) (Unless you've already done so.)

I wish you guys good continuation on the project!

How did I not know about this?? I absolutely cannot wait for this, simply after watching the trailer and seeing the screenshots I am officially hooked. :D

Hello everyone,

We have decided NOT to participate in the MakeArmaNotWar contest, please see our twitter page and our forums for more details.

http://2017mod.com/forums/threads/2017-and-the-make-arma-not-war-contest.561/

https://twitter.com/2017mod/status/463412473723637760

cant go into details sorry :) but we want to make a mod that we want to build and people enjoy to play and entering the contest could get in the way of it, which could also include some parts being rushed and potentially unfinished

I didn't expect that but i fully respect it. I believe that the magic within the modding community dissapeared a little when the contest was announced.

I see forward to your mod guys and wish you the best of luck. Looks really interesting to say the least.

I didn't expect that but i fully respect it. I believe that the magic within the modding community dissapeared a little when the contest was announced.

I see forward to your mod guys and wish you the best of luck. Looks really interesting to say the least.

thanks :) the contest can make people greedy and rushing things. that is what money does:)

Hello guys,

Bit of a different style of devblog this month - by text! We are currently working very hard towards beta, and therefor we are skipping this month's video - sorry if that disappoints any of you, but you will have lots to look forward to for the devblog in early June!

So let's get crackin'... lots of progress has been made so far, and we are working very hard towards beta, as said before. This month we've been mostly working on content for the mod, including apparel, weapons, etc. You'll find a nice screenshot of two of the weapons we implemented at the end of this devblog.

Furthermore, there has been lots of progress on the sanity system by our audio department, but as you know by now, we are not sharing too much yet regarding the sanity system ;)

Apart from that, some more work has been done by the programming department regarding AI, dynamic weather and many improvements on performance.

Some other news, you might want to check out the announcement that we are not entering the contest, and our revamped homepage!

Finally, we want to give a shoutout to all our supporters who have been helping us along for this long ride! We are getting closer and closer to a finished product, and we hope you'll be able to play it yourself soon.

We will share more details in the June devblog, showing you awesome new content and towards our final push for beta. Until then!

http://i.imgur.com/T4Q7TWn.jpg (164 kB)

Hello everyone,

just would like to point out that we are always looking for more people for the team.

If anyone has any experience modding or thinks they can contribute in anyway, feel free to PM me.

this can include, modelling, texturing, coding, config work, animations.

just give us a shout and we will be in touch :)

Thanks guys, progress is going really well also ;) stay tuned.

A long overdue update.

I would do more, but I am to lazy to re-format all the pictures so they work on this forum.

First off we have our own dedicated map. The location of the map is based in the UK, for three reasons;

1, the map developer who has joined the team (daringD) had already based parts of his map in this area.

2, The UK is an area not often offered in Arma maps.

3, Its a good location to get a 28 days later / hellraiser type feel.

4. Quite a number of the team are from the UK so we can get the map assets really looking at home (we are modeling are own buildings, objects etc to a UK look and feel)

http://i.imgur.com/Jrlq704.jpg

More characters are coming in..

http://i.imgur.com/5DgySxY.jpg

There is a ton of other stuff, but visit the forums over on 2017mod.com as its easier for me to upload images there. Its 2014 and a bit silly to have to make thumbnails and to link to decent sized files.

Edited by shinkicker

Nice, looking forward to this mod, ambiance and character design looks fantastic, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to this mod as well.

I registered on your forum, yet, I did not receive my confirmation e-mail. Tried 'resend' also.

have passed this message on to our developers to see if they can have a look for you mate

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

please check spam folder

have passed this message on to our developers to see if they can have a look for you mate

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

please check spam folder

I did check the spam folder, it's not there.

It's the same handle as this one that I registered with.

EDIT:

Ah, I guess somebody activated it for me; Now I can choose an Avatar.

Thanks!

Edited by Massey_sd