Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

2017 - Official Announcement!

Just to clarify - I have no problem with this mod and actively wish them good luck. My post was more of a general vent about zombie/infected terminology.

Just wanted to post saying that I like this mod so far and will be following its development. I'm very new to the game but this looks like it'll be an awesome mod.

Edit: regarding the zombie debate, might I suggest that you get rid of the "These are not Zombies" from "New Infected - These are not Zombies, these are infected humans with some unknown mutagen..." If you really don't care what we call them, saying that they are not something will just lead to people trying to prove you otherwise.

Edited by Drake Sirlit

can we please drop the infected/zombie discussion and talk about something else?

let people call them what they want.

its their own choice if they want to download the mod when its released... just saying.

Question: do you intend to make the weapons rusty and old like fallout 3? :P

Thanks guys for the nice comments! :)

Just wanted to post saying that I like this mod so far and will be following its development. I'm very new to the game but this looks like it'll be an awesome mod.

Edit: regarding the zombie debate, might I suggest that you get rid of the "These are not Zombies" from "New Infected - These are not Zombies, these are infected humans with some unknown mutagen..." If you really don't care what we call them, saying that they are not something will just lead to people trying to prove you otherwise.

That part is simply to portray our own look on it. Not to discuss whether our creatures are actually zombies/infected.

Question: do you intend to make the weapons rusty and old like fallout 3? :P

Yes!

The more I play on Altis, the more I feel that it's the absolute PERFECT setting for a survival horror game. I'm still not sure if you'll allow us to make SP scenarios for our own amusement, but I'd love to set up a nice 4:50 AM, foggy, slightly overcast stroll through downtown Kavala. LOL. So creepy as it is, but OpFor aren't nearly as terrifying as infected rage goons swarming you from a dark alleyway.

Any word on when a release will be public ?..

Really like the concept of this and the features you will be implementing..

Keep up the good work :)

The more I play on Altis, the more I feel that it's the absolute PERFECT setting for a survival horror game. I'm still not sure if you'll allow us to make SP scenarios for our own amusement, but I'd love to set up a nice 4:50 AM, foggy, slightly overcast stroll through downtown Kavala. LOL. So creepy as it is, but OpFor aren't nearly as terrifying as infected rage goons swarming you from a dark alleyway.

Yes and no! I think I already answered this a couple pages back (probably around page 4-8), but I'll answer again and say we have no trouble with you making your own SP scenarios, though we might not provide easy tools to do this - like groups of infected or something like that. We could do that later, but that would be after release (and our own SP missions - which are by the way going to be in a campaign kind of way). We won't officially support any missions though (at least not for the time being), and we would also like for people not to share the mod itself, or any of it's assets, with the mission.

Any word on when a release will be public ?..

Really like the concept of this and the features you will be implementing..

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks!

We want to release a beta pretty soon - can't give any good ETA, but you should be able to expect one to come within 2 months (rough estimate, I know), following a release within 2 or 3 months after beta.

But Arma should have paths for 3 to 5 years ...

No problem to wait the beta of the mod, it' better to wait to see what's the release could be improve in the game (script, function, graphic, performance, animations and more) to help the project.

After, a similar or forum "feedback tracker" on 2017 website to work on all the little problems or bugs.

I think this mod could be release in the end of the year and was updating for 2 or more years.

Edited by GranolaBar

Every time I see someone on these forums complaining about how Dayz ruined the community or someone calling 2017 Dayz just because it has "zombies", this all I can think of:

20985946.jpg

How will the behavior be of the infected? Will it be similar to the movie World War Z?

The "oh sh*t i can´t outrun this dude" type infected?

Also, i did not really held much for the movie even though it was a good normal action flick but one interesting thing was that if you was already dying, the zombies ignored you.

Has this sort of thing been thought about? Maybe you can get diseases that you will die of and only big hospitals can cure it?

Sorry for the questions but this gameplay type mod i´m extremely excited about.

Edited by RushHour

Every time I see someone on these forums complaining about how Dayz ruined the community or someone calling 2017 Dayz just because it has "zombies", this all I can think of:

*picture of hipster cat*

Ummmmmm that argument doesn't prove anything?

I'm just pointing out the sad truth about a volatile portion of the Arma community, it kinda speaks for itself :cool:

By your logic Arma 3 is just like Call of Duty, they both have guns right?

Edited by knar33

Q for the devs - are you going for a public hive setup similar to vanilla DayZ, or more of a Private Hive persistent server setup?

Q for the devs - are you going for a public hive setup similar to vanilla DayZ, or more of a Private Hive persistent server setup?

I believe the plan is to have private persistent servers and not a public hive. Having public hives opens the door to many things like server hopping, ghosting, and logging onto empty servers to farm loot in (relative) safety.

Did he state it was an argument?

Also, about your post: Good job, you just showed how ignorant some people in the ArmA community can be!

I believe the plan is to have private persistent servers and not a public hive. Having public hives opens the door to many things like server hopping, ghosting, and logging onto empty servers to farm loot in (relative) safety.

This is true, that's our plan. Also, in our closed releases (and also possibly our public beta) we will not release any files related to the server-side and keep running the game on our own servers, mainly to figure out if there are any bugs on that side.

Edited by gdscei

ANOTHER Zombie mod? What ever happened to good ol' Vampires? I bet THEY would make for a faster paced game. :p

You don't read the thread very well do you ;) This mod is not zombie-specific, it could just as well happen that you get different kinds of monsters... Not specifcally saying they'll be vampires though :)

@gdscei

i think maybe the font size for the part where it says "this is not dayz" is not big enough :rolleyes: haha

i dont think theyre zombies anyway im going to call them tyler's lol because their fucked up hahaha

keep up the good work

You don't read the thread very well do you ;) This mod is not zombie-specific, it could just as well happen that you get different kinds of monsters... Not specifcally saying they'll be vampires though :)

Not sure if "monsters" is the right term here, but there will be different types of infected.

Hope the mod is coming along strong.

Me and the boys would still be keen to assist with the beta testing when you guys are happy with the build.

Looking forward to getting into this baby and having a good smash.

Jabbajaws77 - [bLS]

How is the development coming along so far? Really looking forward to this :).

Very well, we're planning to have a closed test-build out pretty soon (which is still lacking certain things; but it's an Alpha)

How is the development coming along so far? Really looking forward to this :).

I'm sort of curious why you would receive an infraction for this posts.

Its nice to see a decent comment posted about the interest in this mod.

I have seen far worse comments in this thread which would have been more worthy of a warning, seems odd.

Good to see you are interested as this mod has great potential I believe and am looking forward to it also.

Jabbajaws77

I'm sort of curious why you would receive an infraction for this posts.

Welcome to BiS forums.

Edited by k3lt