Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

2017 - Official Announcement!

so will the community be able to make their own missions :) thats what im after so i can mess around in the editor scaring myself lol :) good work lads

It's gonna be scripted, but initializing loot spawn/creature spawn, will have seperate SQF files so I can create easy modules for the Editor to do things you ask for.

We're not sure if we're open to making missions for the mod yet; at least, we're not going to focus on it too much in our early releases, since we want the game itself to be good first. So it might take a bit more time than the release date for the mod itself for the modules you ask for to be readily available, but since everything is in seperate files, it should be easy enough for yourself to do it, if you can't wait.

so will the community be able to make their own missions :) thats what im after so i can mess around in the editor scaring myself lol :) good work lads

Sure you are able to, but I'm saying that we might not cater towards that, at least in the beginning - of course it's still possible, since after all, it's an ArmA mod, so of course you can do it yourself - it's not difficult.

We'll probably not really endorse any "third-party" mods/missions, to avoid any drama (based on previous drama with another mod - not naming any names, but I think you can figure it out yourself ;)). But we're definetely not against people making missions/mods.

If you release a public mod/mission, derived from our work, please ask us personally for permission first (PM Hellborn or me). We'll be sure to reply :)

Edited by gdscei

Guys, this mod will be awesome. I'm glad to be involved.

Just saying.

-Craig

I don't get it, so if you liked Dayz then surely you would be going for the stand alone game that team are making, are these mod's and ports to fill the gap pre release ? Was never a fan of dayz or wasteland so probably dont really get the whole thing anyways. :)

thank you for the information :)

i dont know how to make any addons, mods etc so dont worry about that part :)

so this mod will be based MP for the time being... gotchya

Sure you are able to, but I'm saying that we might not cater towards that, at least in the beginning - of course it's still possible, since after all, it's an ArmA mod, so of course you can do it yourself - it's not difficult.

We'll probably not really endorse any "third-party" mods/missions, to avoid any drama (based on previous drama with another mod - not naming any names, but I think you can figure it out yourself ;)). But we're definetely not against people making missions/mods.

If you release a public mod/mission, derived from our work, please ask us personally for permission first (PM Hellborn or me). We'll be sure to reply :)

Edited by tyl3r99

thank you for the information :)

i dont know how to make any addons, mods etc so dont worry about that part :)

so this mod will be based MP wise or SP?

The mod will have an SP version and an MP version. The SP version will be more story based, while MP will be more....multiplayer based.

so this will be both a single-player and multi-player mod where the story of single player missions will be reflected in the multiplayer world.
The mod will have an SP version and an MP version. The SP version will be more story based, while MP will be more....multiplayer based.

Now that sounds promising. :thumb: I'm truly grateful to you guys for considering SP in the mod. :cheers:

Now that sounds promising. :thumb: I'm truly grateful to you guys for considering SP in the mod. :cheers:

Honestly, it's what I'm most excited for too. There's nothing like some good old SP.

I don't get it, so if you liked Dayz then surely you would be going for the stand alone game that team are making, are these mod's and ports to fill the gap pre release ? Was never a fan of dayz or wasteland so probably dont really get the whole thing anyways. :)

You're making the wrong assumptions here - this is not DayZ, it will not feel like playing DayZ either.

Yeah, it's something we are very excited for, as Craig mentioned. We'll do the multiplayer first though, make sure to get something out with which you can enjoy the mod, and then at least get some guys working on single player. It will have a proper, strong story line, and we might even go all-out with videos, animations etc. At that point we'll also make sure to introduce some elements of the story into multiplayer, to make going from single player to multi player make sense.

Edited by gdscei

Honestly, it's what I'm most excited for too. There's nothing like some good old SP.
Yeah, it's something we are very excited for, as Craig mentioned. We'll do the multiplayer first though, make sure to get something out with which you can enjoy the mod, and then at least get some guys working on single player. It will have a proper, strong story line, and we might even go all-out with videos, animations etc. At that point we'll also make sure to introduce some elements of the story into multiplayer, to make going from single player to multi player make sense.

Stuck on SP gaming since Arma: Armed Assault days as online/MP gaming is just impossible with my current situation. So thanks again for the SP consideration.

Not to sound demanding in a negative way but if you could work on the SP simultaneously and release it maybe weeks after MP (not years) then I and other SP aficionados would be more than happy for such a kind act. :D

For now, take your time and good luck on the project, guys. :cheers:

There's a lot of emphasis on this 'not being like DayZ', but you've yet to provide any tangible reason why other than that it has a story in singleplayer... Something which you say we won't get until after the multiplayer is done, if at all.

So... What makes the multiplayer different to DayZ?

Stuck on SP gaming since Arma: Armed Assault days as online/MP gaming is just impossible with my current situation. So thanks again for the SP consideration.

Not to sound demanding in a negative way but if you could work on the SP simultaneously and release it maybe weeks after MP (not years) then I and other SP aficionados would be more than happy for such a kind act. :D

For now, take your time and good luck on the project, guys. :cheers:

We won't work on it simultaneously, because we don't have that amount of people working on the mod to do that. However, believe me, it won't take years ;)

There's a lot of emphasis on this 'not being like DayZ', but you've yet to provide any tangible reason why other than that it has a story in singleplayer... Something which you say we won't get until after the multiplayer is done, if at all.

Trust us when we say it's different. We're not giving out too much information regarding the actual gameplay, solely because we want to keep that secret/a surprise for now, and we haven't refined the gameplay elements completely either, so we don't want to make promises now.

The thing I can let out atm is that we'll be focusing a lot more on player interaction, rather than your usual scavaging and player hunting. There'll be a lot of interesting elements to both your own player related things, and also player vs player.

Very good news on hearing about the single player campaign experience, is exactly what a lot of us are after, and later the coop experience thrown in as well. Good luck I look forward to hearing how i this unfolds.

I just wanna mess around in the editor create a line of defence from incoming infected.. like I did with arma 2 "Charon productions undead mod"

it was really really easy to do, place zombie module and then place units and then place a zombie spawn module and that's pretty much it.

I hope this can be like this :)

that's what I enjoy the most, the fact that you can just have a little play and enjoy.

@communityDEVS - do you remember undead mod? if you do you will know what im rambling on about :)

so instead of like putting lines and lines of init codes and sqf files and triggers and logics.. it was a simple module and bammmm your a zombie meal.

Edited by tyl3r99

It's not like DayZ because none of the elements are from DayZ. Therefore it won't play like DayZ at all. Other zombie mods use DayZ loot systems, DayZ zombies, etc etc. But this won't use any of it. It's all in-house. This mod will have it's own style and it's own gameplay. But we are doing more than merely copying DayZ mechanics with our own code, we are doing something completely different. It's like how completely different Dynamic Zombie Sandbox's multiplayer is to DayZ's.

Specifics will come later of course.

-Craig

However, believe me, it won't take years ;)

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the info. :cool:

and please make everything SP be able to be played as coop, if that's possible. i play chernarus apocalypse to this day. it's genius in it's simplicity (not so simple under the hood though;)). it shows what little amount of things are needed to create great gameplay experience. and Celery is a master of balancing too which makes you conserve ammo eventhough the mission isn't very long at all.

aside from the side effects for the arma community i see nothing wrong at all with dayZ or anything like it, as a game. me and others were just curious to hear, if we can expect something new and more different. people can make what ever mod they want. even if they would base it on the dayZ concept (which is based on bobtom's/craig's DZS) or code, which they don't seem to, they are free to do so as long as permissions are granted.

you make it sound as if they need to prove something...

Edited by Bad Benson
spelling

in my opinion, Craigs dynamic zombie sandbox is better than Dayz as its more user friendly...

and it has a lot of potential... and control.

so regardless i dont think this will be like dayz at all...

SP is important though, especially Editor wise :)

in my opinion, Craigs dynamic zombie sandbox is better than Dayz as its more user friendly...

and it has a lot of potential... and control.

so regardless i dont think this will be like dayz at all...

SP is important though, especially Editor wise :)

#flattered

craig, does this mean you are working on your own sandbox aswell as this mod? or you thinking of combining it?

i dont think Stratis Fits the zombie Apocalypze.

The mod is meant for Altis, we just don't have the oppertunity yet to work with Altis, so we use Stratis until we can ;)

craig, does this mean you are working on your own sandbox aswell as this mod? or you thinking of combining it?

I'm actively working on both, but currently 2017 takes precedence. A lot of what I'm doing overlaps to both, however.

We have no plans to combine the two projects.