Sign in to follow this  
spectrersg

MP Splendid Camera?

Is there a way to incorporate the Splendid camera in Multiplayer? For example, a player who wants to enter the camera mode goes up to a flag with an addaction on it that will put him, and him only, into the camera mode?

Thanks.

["Paste",["Stratis",getPos player,getDir player,0.7,[0,0],0,0,855.569,0.3,1]] call bis_fnc_camera;

That would just go as the addaction in the flag's init? Or would that be the script thats called by the addaction?

Since it's a flagpole you can actually make it a lot prettier. Instead of spawning at the character's feet you can be up and behind and looking down on the flagpole.

this addAction ["Engage Camera", {["Paste",[color="#FF0000"]["Stratis",[1990.15,5612.33,13.9873],358.361,0.7,[-25.2467,-7.55151e-006],0,0,720.032,0.3,0][/color]] call bis_fnc_camera;}];

To get the data for the red part open your mission in the editor and enter the camera mode. Fly till your camera is how you want it to start when you click the addAction and press Ctrl-C. Then paste to replace the red part of that code above.

Is that coordinate fixed? I want the camera to be able to move around freely like a spectator.

It's just the starting position of the camera. Once in camera mode you can move it per normal. Remember though, the camera has teleport player abilities, so you'll be giving people that too. If you want a spectator feature, use the spectator feature instead of the screenshot cam tool. :)

Remember though, the camera has teleport player abilities, so you'll be giving people that too. If you want a spectator feature, use the spectator feature instead of the screenshot cam tool. :)

Do you know if a player can have this script executed on him if he dies and respawns as a bird (I.e goes into normal spectator?). Any ideas what would happen to him if he attempted to teleport himself, if Splendid Camera can be enabled? I would experiment on this myself, but, sadly, I have very limited internet bandwidth (100 megs:sulk:)