Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

With that 3GB open trick - i can finally play on altis :)

but there are some slowdowns still , mainly with some trees - maybe they got too much poly or just not optimized

but there are some slowdowns still , mainly with some trees - maybe they got too much poly or just not optimized

Don't know Robert, but my experience varies from server to server - some give me the dreaded 6 second micro stutter, other run smooth as.... I'm starting to think there might a lot happening server-side.

does anybody have a large image of Altis, preferably with texture, kilometer grid, and buildings?

So, let me get this straight, you want a free, high-res map?

does anybody have a large image of Altis, preferably with texture, kilometer grid, and buildings?

go screenshoothing every portion of the map, then merge them, convert them to some vector map, and there you are.

I've seen someone posted a link to a ~7k px width map of Altis over @ Armaholic, haven't downloaded it though.

12 GB is completely unnecessary. Do you play 3 games at once? No? Then you don't need 12 GB. 6 is as far as I would go.

well, not my fault you can't read my posts properly?

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

i did miss about 3gb trick, could you write it pls?

I have a win7 64 and 16gb of ram and still get "slowdowns still".

If you are in the editor and hit preview, then the loading screen appears. At the bottom of this screen different hints are given (also when you are loading or leaving the editor). One of these hints is: "There are 3 periodically flooded salt lakes ..."

Has anyone ever seen a flooded salt lake?

If you are in the editor and hit preview, then the loading screen appears. At the bottom of this screen different hints are given (also when you are loading or leaving the editor). One of these hints is: "There are 3 periodically flooded salt lakes ..."

I doubt that's meant to be in-game. Another example is when you go into the field manual --> health --> drowning. At the bottom it mentions that you can also die of lack of oxygen in sealed rooms and from chemical weapons. Both aren't simulated in-game but it's still mentioned there...

Hi - I haven't gone through the whole of this thread but I was wondering if anybody has the classnames for the new buildings on Altis yet?

One of them, "Limni", is flooded ingame. It's the swampy looking place southwest of the other two salt lakes.

I doubt that's meant to be in-game. Another example is when you go into the field manual --> health --> drowning. At the bottom it mentions that you can also die of lack of oxygen in sealed rooms and from chemical weapons. Both aren't simulated in-game but it's still mentioned there...

Yet? The develpment of the game is an ongoing process and they will add new features with the campaings which may be related to NBC stuff. Who knows?

Yet? The develpment of the game is an ongoing process and they will add new features with the campaings which may be related to NBC stuff. Who knows?

It would be so awesome to see CBRN simulated ingame.

I'd love it if they decided to include that later on but I honestly doubt it. My guess is that it was part of the "old" designplan of ArmA 3, like the coilgun/railgun tank we saw in one of those pre-alpha screens.

Interesting, seems my FPS on Altis is back to Stratis FPS.

I miss the AAN newscasts. I hope we'll get to see more of those.

Sounds like a possible feature for the campaign.

Well you just can't have it all. If none of the buildings were enterable, and houses have just one or two models, you could fly around with no stutters and 60+ fps and 12 000 vier distance, but that would be boring on the ground.

Or you could have all the buildings entrable with furnitures and working tv's and coffee machines and toilets and elevators and plants you have to water or they'll die and ...

Oh well. The percentage of enterable buildings on the island is far bigger than in previous games. We don't actually need enterable giant hospitals with empty rooms do we.

We do need the office towers and the hospital because of the missions that can use that.

We do need the office towers and the hospital because of the missions that can use that.

Definitely, so many possibilities.

I've got to agree with ProGamer on having the office and hospital buildings enterable more than they currently are, at the moment I'm working on a CTU mission and it would be really nice to do a follow up with the hospital. Just think how cool would it be to deploy on the roof then rappel down the side before breaching a window to one of the hospital rooms.

Regards Hawk.

Very cool:

66b418273321271.jpg

693daa273321636.jpg