Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

The hell are you going on about? Of course there's going to be shipping contains everywhere, it's a largely inhabited island.

as missionmaker you lost so much options... ^^

it makes more sense, to put such objects manually... ;)

sorry if im asking in wrong thread, but what about update for dedicated servers? cause "app_update "109501 -beta development" still doesnt work.

many thanks

AppID is 107410 isn't it?

Altis is THE SANDBOX. Run out of fuel exploring with MH-9.. need I say more.

Although one big disappointment is the fact some of the larger buildings are non-enterable. Some examples are that huge power plant or the church in Pyrgos. For me, those are actually the buildings you want to enter the most :)

Edit: No FPS issues, and I run on a mediocre GTX 460.

Edit 2: Urban combat on a new level:

http://i.imgur.com/jlxZWmZ.jpg (216 kB)

Edited by Simas

I'm fine with how it is now.

From reading the feedback tracker could it be 32bit OS that is the connection?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13345

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13343

Nope I am on W8 64 bit here and i can run terrains 4 larger than Altis with 4 million objects ok (DBO_Afghanistan 82 KM * 82 KM 4 miilion objects)

Is there some enhancement with middle detail or something that causing more ram or more Disc read possibly ?

Just remove them manually.

Getting tons of crashes with this update, on altis, even with -nologs. FPS are okay, but it begins stuttering and after a while seems to run out of memory?

My FPS issues are due to my GPU that is crappy as hell (not even minimum req.), but I had the hopes to be able to see the island before getting a new GPU.

AMD Phenom x4 9650 2.3 GhZ, 4GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD3650(512mb) on Win7 x86. Not using -nologs, HD gets a regular defrag every 2 weeks.

Holy goat, Altis rock! I've cruised around for a while (no map marker ofcourse :) ) It looks amazing, very dry terrain, looks very life like in many places.

AppID is 107410 isn't it?

Yes, but server updating to 0.76.109065 - previous update

GUYS with FPS issues. !Please post your specs and if you use -noLogs or not!

intel i7 920

GTX 570

4GB RAM

Windows 7 32bit

Game on SSD drive

-noLogs used or not same FPS

In fact pretty much any video setting in-game makes no difference (testing with 500m VD)

-starting in water far away from land gives me 30 FPS on Altis

-starting on land (small island) gives me 15 FPS

-starting on land at the main airport gives me 2 FPS

-same test on Stratis (one guy in editor hit preview) 60 FPS

Edited by SavageCDN

There is no water beyond sea level.

Well, AFAIK this isn't possible apart with dedicated objects (A2 ponds for example).

I think the CPU is the thing here.

You have 4,5 GHz, i´ve got 3,2 i think (i7 950 orig.)

Btu i have 2x GTX 580, 6gb memory,

same ssd,

sabertooth mobo

Same sound card but fatality.

1200W PSU

cooling no issues.

I´m going to try and OC it to 4.2 today, i think that will be a bigger fps upgrade then if i would have had 2 GTX Titans.

Well, AFAIK this isn't possible apart with dedicated objects (A2 ponds for example).

That was the point I was trying to make. In AiA Chernarus, it became obvious that there's a lot of problems with those, i.e. divers wading into the waters exploding (no kidding), no water surface visible etc... i was hoping that Altis would fix that, but obviously, no inland water is the price for the underwater combat :| Somewhat mixed feelings about that.

I've added a poll to the thread about the FPS issues and the possible correlation with 32/64bit.

I myself have no FPS issues on my main comp (Win7 64bit) but have 0-1 FPS on my second one (Vista 32bit).

Well, this isn't possible apart with dedicated objects (A2 ponds for example).

Yes, and in AiA, these objects don't work for divers, which is probably the reason they're not in Arma 3. Which, considering some very nice ponds in Chernarus, I do consider a loss.

Anyway, my general impression of Altis based on around 20-30 minutes:

Like:

- Pretty varied landscape, from absolutely flat to Stratis-valleys

- Villages and towns, for the first time, look real in size

- Some really nice vistas and scenery. I caught myself driving along the main road through some rather long-winded village and almost felt compelled to look for a raodside cafe.

- Good attention to detail in most areas.

- Lots of little surprises

Dislike:

- Performance is noticeably lower than Stratis. Was to be expected, still I don't like the fact.

- Probably due to the size of the island, some places could use a bit more detail. Nothing major though.

- The biggie: I miss large forests like in Chernarus.

In fact, the latter one is my only real gripe with it. Chernarus remains firmly at my #1 slot of best BIS islands evarr. But Altis is a very close second :)

"There are 3 periodically empty lakes in Stratis" or something like that on the loading tips. Is that valid for the game too?

I really like the map so far, many heavily populated areas and other empty but with a nice terrain (northwest part), the town generator module would be great there or even Better, 3D editor with buildings placement and all. :cool:

At first was getting good FPS on the whole map, zooming got some freezes and FPS drop but its part of it. When I got on the Limni area (swamps) got a massive FPS drop, no apparent reason. After driving and flying a good while, slideshow anywhere, even Stratis wasn't so good anymore. Using NoLogs and all.