Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Realistic Magazine Management

Both my wingman and I are wondering whether it is possible in ARMA III to have realistic Magazine management. e.g. if you fire 10 shots out of an assault rifle clip and then reload, then you would not have the figures round up to the nearest magazine. I was hoping that if you took a clip out after 10 shots and then put it in your dump bag then you have a partly used clip you can go back to, not a rounded up figure. Understand what I mean?

Just would add a significant element of realism to me and my friend

Thoughts????

I was hoping that if you took a clip out after 10 shots and then put it in your dump bag then you have a partly used clip you can go back to

This is exactly what already happens, and it has been this way since OFP. Not sure what you're talking about with the whole "rounding up" business.

Just check your gear after reloading and you will find the half full magazine.

This is exactly what already happens, and it has been this way since OFP. Not sure what you're talking about with the whole "rounding up" business.

Just check your gear after reloading and you will find the half full magazine.

Do you have play Poseidon from BIS before OFP ? Maybe, we can had more functions and bugs from this lol... (15 years after).

Do you have play Poseidon from BIS before OFP ? Maybe, we can had more functions and bugs from this lol... (15 years after).

Please try to stay on topic of the thread.

MadogX is correct regarding the magazines, they have always been like that since the OFP demo.

Not sure what bugs you're talking about. This is desired and expected behaviour.

Please try to stay on topic of the thread.

MadogX is correct regarding the magazines, they have always been like that since the OFP demo.

Maybe for magazine management, there is more functions in DayZ for Arma 2 or the new stand alone which coming.

Actually, if you reloading often with a not full magazine, a moment, you have only 6 - 7 ammo in your weapon of the 2 latest magazine.

OK, I did not realize it did this already. It just seemed to me that when you change a mag it adds what's left to the total round count and then divides the sum by mag capacity.

So let us say for arguments sake you have 7 clips, each holds 28 rounds. You fire 8 rounds and then reload, you do this through all 7 clips. When you get to clip 1 again this time it only has 20 rounds in it? Is my understanding correct?

OK, I did not realize it did this already. It just seemed to me that when you change a mag it adds what's left to the total round count and then divides the sum by mag capacity.

So let us say for arguments sake you have 7 clips, each holds 28 rounds. You fire 8 rounds and then reload, you do this through all 7 clips. When you get to clip 1 again this time it only has 20 rounds in it? Is my understanding correct?

I understand and i had never the true number of ammo i had used. I think it's was problem who can be solved easily (no problem with magazine of vehicules).

Yes, that's correct. Rounds are never transferred between magazines (unless via scripting, which is a different issue); partially empty mags will remain in your inventory and may eventually be loaded again, in which case they will still have the old round count.

You can test this by placing a soldier in the editor, then shooting a variable number of rounds from each of your magazines before reloading. Eventually, you will start cycling through the old ones.

Yes.

Also, this is a clip. These are magazines. ;)

Point taken brain, thanks for the terminology update. Info assimilated!

Since this thread exists, I would like to see realistic reloading - 1 round stays in the chamber, so you get 31 rounds on non-empty reload.

And maybe R+R for speed reload?

Since this thread exists, I would like to see realistic reloading - 1 round stays in the chamber, so you get 31 rounds on non-empty reload.

And maybe R+R for speed reload?

Rounds don't stay in the chamber right now? If not I think it was related to magazine programming issues.

I would like to see ammo repackaging, some sort of speed reload where you don't put the empty mag back in your backpack etc...

There are feedback quests for both I think.

I can live without rounds not staying in the chamber or speed reloading.

But magazine repackaging is essential IMO.

Yeah, nothing like being stuck in enemy territory with 10 mags with 3-4 rounds in each. :)

Both my wingman and I are wondering whether it is possible in ARMA III to have realistic Magazine management. e.g. if you fire 10 shots out of an assault rifle clip and then reload, then you would not have the figures round up to the nearest magazine. I was hoping that if you took a clip out after 10 shots and then put it in your dump bag then you have a partly used clip you can go back to, not a rounded up figure. Understand what I mean?

Just would add a significant element of realism to me and my friend

Thoughts????

That is Arma II. In Arma III when you put a used mag in your bag you still have the same bullets left (eg: 4 full mags, and 1 mag with 5 bullets).

What they should add is the possibility to merge magazines. They can do it, as it was shown in a DayZ video how it was donde there.

Yeah, nothing like being stuck in enemy territory with 10 mags with 3-4 rounds in each. :)

There was a magazine repack mod for Alpha, and it was great, but I'm not sure if it still works in Beta.

I confirm it:

If you reload BEFORE running out of ammo, you'll have 30 rounds instead of 31...

Maybe it CAN (or SHOULD) be fixed?

I confirm it:

If you reload BEFORE running out of ammo, you'll have 30 rounds instead of 31...

Maybe it CAN (or SHOULD) be fixed?

You're talking about "bullet in chamber accounting". I doubt it's going to happen.

It will be good to have an option to refill half-used magazines (i mean - if i have 14 bullets left in one magazine and 18 in other, i can get 30 and 2 bullets in them somehow). And 30+1 "bullet in chamber" scheme implemented will be great too.

I might be mistaken but partial magazines don't seem to stack in inventory (which is fine) but the mouseover text always says "rounds 30" instead of a number less than the capacity.