UPDATE : HD RESOURCE TEXTURE

SKY OBJECTS

GRAVITY SIMULATION ( 90% DONE )

OXYGEN SIMULATION ( 100 % DONE )

WIND , STORMS, SAND'S OBJECTS STORM ( 70 % DONE )

1119938_547464451987538_1082136186_o.jpg

1150697_547464541987529_2023839626_o.jpg

1149403_547464578654192_1272512114_o.jpg

Is that a night picture?

And speaking of which, have you managed to factor in Mar's 25 hour days?

Is that a night picture?

And speaking of which, have you managed to factor in Mar's 25 hour days?

Up to now we are developing around a same-light island since we don't have the correct information for brightness setting, later in developing we will provide a full scalar light system.

"the surrounding environment seems very empty"

Well it IS mars after all.. what did u expect?

I just hope they add some stones to use as shelter

For rocks , stone ans shapes, i am olaso making the models in 3d to export later in this island.

If your talking about threes.....forget it, our mod is smilulative real system of mars planet, cant implement trees around or forest.

Some oasi , or little grass in artificial area yes, make it like the Humans are working to build an Earth-like in Mars.

how about if during the game you encounter solar winds that would force the player to hole up in underground bunkers or inside of the vehicle, who remains outside dies XD.

solar winds will be 20-30 minutes before planned so that the player can enter the bunker or eliminate all enemies within

Awesome - definitely watching this one. I've been interested in the concept since BI first announced Take On Mars though I was sad to hear it was in the Carrier Command engine rather than the RV4. Good luck with it!

As for the settlements, I suppose they'd be more bunker-like as opposed to super-sci-fi glistening white tubular stuff. Probably built into lava tubes, like NASA thinks they would be.

wow, that is a really big map. I'd like to help but I'm not sure how I would...

I could help test the mod mabey?

I have a freind who could also help test.

Edited by ProGamer

and me i can test too

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

if there was monster things... we can re create DOOM :D tehehehe

Some QA testing I guess :cool:

What is QA sorry?

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

(UPDATE) We just resend a request for Dev-Heaven space and GIT

What is QA sorry?

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

(UPDATE) We just resend a request for Dev-Heaven space and GIT

Quality Assurance.

Quality Assurance.

We focus on community, so the first alpha will be avaiable for everyone, of course players who want to test it more intensively and so who get more "knowledge" about this mod have more "weight" on our orientation and bugs reported by experienced players rather than casuals one, but we will check everything and that is used only for priority rather than selections.

Up to now we are looking for insert MANDO script suite in our mod, we're trying it for consider if this work well for our wishes and so if this is we will implement it in mod (with credits, of course, to author).

I'm little afraid abourt A2 objects dipendence but, we know, everything could be implemented in IT world ;)

Hey SilentKiller, making mars an island is awesome. My brother and I were thinking of doing a MARS/EARTH civil war after Mars declares itself independent from the problems of Earth, and Earth sends forces to bring Mars back under control. (basically just an excuse to make sort of a "NATO versus TAKIBAN" on mars because we really liked maps/islands like Faysh Khabur, Hazar-Kot, ToraBora, etc.. ) but you beat us to it! We know how to make units, but we are not tech-saavy enough to know how to get them into TAKE ON MARS which was the thing that got us excited.

We're planning on making units that are not as "sci-fi" looking but more mil-sim ... so it's more just ARMA on mars with military gear. Here's some concepts I've done for the Earth MARINES or "MARFOR" side. OPFOR will be martian insurgents, but a bit ragtag much like the TAKIBAN.

HEAVY ASSAULT TROOPS

PATROLLING ACHERON FOSSAE PROVINCE 01

PATROLLING ACHERON FOSSAE PROVINCE 02

Anyways just saying hello, and look forward to seeing your hard work come to fruition! You are doing the arma community a great service! thank you.

:)

Hey SilentKiller, making mars an island is awesome. My brother and I were thinking of doing a MARS/EARTH civil war after Mars declares itself independent from the problems of Earth, and Earth sends forces to bring Mars back under control. (basically just an excuse to make sort of a "NATO versus TAKIBAN" on mars because we really liked maps/islands like Faysh Khabur, Hazar-Kot, ToraBora, etc.. ) but you beat us to it! We know how to make units, but we are not tech-saavy enough to know how to get them into TAKE ON MARS which was the thing that got us excited.

We're planning on making units that are not as "sci-fi" looking but more mil-sim ... so it's more just ARMA on mars with military gear. Here's some concepts I've done for the Earth MARINES or "MARFOR" side. OPFOR will be martian insurgents, but a bit ragtag much like the TAKIBAN.

HEAVY ASSAULT TROOPS

PATROLLING ACHERON FOSSAE PROVINCE 01

PATROLLING ACHERON FOSSAE PROVINCE 02

Anyways just saying hello, and look forward to seeing your hard work come to fruition! You are doing the arma community a great service! thank you.

:)

Hi, i think we can collaborate in this project to something bigger than it would be right now, just a question, in that screen u make was take on mars engine game or arma?

Indeed, I like playing around with that theme and I've been doodling in my spare time:

Scanner's broken so it's mostly cellphone pictures of my stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/bFxiHXT.jpg (131 kB)

I haven't actually played Planetside 2 so I wouldn't know.

you mentioned on an update a few days ago that "oxygen simulation is 100%", what sort of atmosphere system were you planning on having? And where are you now?

Indeed, I like playing around with that theme and I've been doodling in my spare time:

Scanner's broken so it's mostly cellphone pictures of my stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/bFxiHXT.jpg (131 kB)

Take a look at the V-22 and adapt the engines and wing shape to Mars!