ArmA 3:

Project Mars One

1174744_10200391045320350_127794430_n.jpg

WIP

ArmA 3: Project Mars One is a new Island, Map and Mod (IMM) in developing by [FBI]Ninja970&Y and FlorianGeyer.

Plot/Story:

Year 2030: Humanity was near to end the resource avaiable on the planet and started to extract resources on Mars, an engeneer, an architect and a biology with futuristic visions was charge to take care about a new project, Mars will be colonized by Human race within 2060.

Year 2035: After 5 years of projects and study, the first spaceship with 72 men and women and other 60 workers was sent to Mars for start a new colony.

They brought with them the latest tecnology avaiable for constructions, irrigations, resource finding and conversion and started to grow up a new colony in the desolated planet, much of the resource gained by that men was sent to Earth for allow Humanity to continue their existence in an almost-normal enviroment.

Year 2060: A new alert came from Mars, the resources was near to end up in less than 20 years from now and the new elected Mars Government decided to stop the resource shipments to earth for protect Mars People (now around 400) from the dead, that decision was made because the new enviroment in Mars took around 20 times the resource required to keep alive a man on Earth, so a lack of resources meant a fast dead of them.

In response of that took of position, United State of America decided to interfere with Army for, as official press said, "Protect the balance between powers and the right of live owned by every American Citizen".

Europe decided to declare war against USA because, was said, "they did not respect the Human Right of everybody to live" and "want to take all the resources from themself".

Year 2062: A lot of resource was wasted until this years in developing of military-carry battleships and weapons, the rest of resources avaiable was near to zero, China and Japanese Federation was founded in this year and closed all commercial ways to foreign countries, the Government of the United States declared open war with them and sended some of the remained Military Power in an invasion campaign.

Year 2065: The troups of invasion was closed to conquer Tokyo when, in response, the Cina Government launch all ICBM (Nuclear, Chemical and Biologic missles) to enemy strategic objectives: New York, Madrid, Rome, Moskow, Paris and so much others.

While military spaceships was taking off for the long travel to Mars, other countries response with their own ICBM.

Military men was able to see a big piece of humans, including most of the own families, falling to dead in a nuclear war.

In response of that, a piece of the Mars population decided to fight against all governments who want to keep resource for own people and made a new Army with themself for fight.

Year 2070: Today, Armys of both sides are just landed and you know exactly what is your work, you don't?

Island feature:

• Biggest map ever created for an ArmA engine: 10.000 square KM.
    1147580_545771738823476_30438247_o.jpg
    Real terrain: All terrain is make using laser topographic detection, around 1cm of precision.
    1147684_545770605490256_164957983_o.jpg
    Real Mars, sky and enviroment: Real sky, real terrain texture.
    1097747_545770938823556_61772250_o.jpg
    Sci-Fi objects and places: Invented city, oasis, ruins, deserts and much more.

Map feature:

• Resource simulation: Take point for gain resources: Oil, Wood, Metals and more are necessary for you.
    Economical simulation: Buy weapons, objects, ammo, cars, aircrafts and much more: like in real life; Black Market included.
    Fight against weather: Now temperature, humidity, sandstorm and other enviroment affect you, your soldiers, your vehicles and your faction.

Addons feature:

• New vehicles, new weapons, new objects.
    List of weapons that we wish to include:

☢ICBM☢ (Intercontinental Balistic Missle): RAFAEL Jericho III
Ground Fix Weapons: MTHEL (Mobile Tactical Hight Energy Laser)

Developing Status:

Contributors/Helpers/Supporters:

Railgun: Images

Screenshots/Images:

919444_546150232118960_1140897400_o.jpg

1147103_546150238785626_719333590_o.jpg

1094655_546150242118959_1188616911_o.jpg

NOW With HD Texture of terrain:

1119938_547464451987538_1082136186_o.jpg

1150697_547464541987529_2023839626_o.jpg

1149403_547464578654192_1272512114_o.jpg

Links:

==RECRUITING==

We are looking for modders, map makers and scripters for make and keep this IMM as beautiful and funny as possible, if you are interesting in this project feel free to contact us!

Logs/News/Editing:

20/08/2013: Added new screenshots, added new wished weapons in Addon.

21/08/2013: Added link to Steam Group.

24/08/2013: Added photos of HD terrain texture.

28/08/2013: Dev Heaven project link added.

09/09/2013: First Developers Diary published.

Edited by SilentKiller*
First Developers Diary published

Looking beautiful mate.

How feasible is a populated 10k km/2 map? Seems a bit insane.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this, good luck!

Looking beautiful mate.

How feasible is a populated 10k km/2 map? Seems a bit insane.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this, good luck!

That come the most interesting things, we think to make only some zones with population, like desert: oasis and cities.

If possible we whould provide a system that ask player to have an oxygen system or he whould die for oxygen lackness, stay tuned!

That come the most interesting things, we think to make only some zones with population, like desert: oasis and cities.

If possible we whould provide a system that ask player to have an oxygen system or he whould die for oxygen lackness, stay tuned!

It will definitely be interesting to see if you can pull it off!

I've been wishing for a Mars map ever since I first saw the Ifrit in-game. :P

Looks like CSAT already has the gear for space travel xD

Good luck with the project, looks very interesting!

You inspired me to throw together this quick logo for your project:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68337476/Banners/marsoneblack.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68337476/Banners/marsonewhite.png

Releasing what rights I have on the image to you, SilentKiller, so you're free to do with them as you wish.

Thank you very much for contribute to the project! I think we could use it for the map presentation at launch, however plz insert your name somewhere and be proud to contribute as you want, thank you very much again!

Thank you very much for contribute to the project! I think we could use it for the map presentation at launch, however plz insert your name somewhere and be proud to contribute as you want, thank you very much again!

You're free to credit me as you wish, but simply seeing it in use will give me all the pride I need. :P

So what do you have in mind for the equipment of the different armies?

This looks pretty neat, actually. I haven't seen too many intensive space war FPS games.

Yes we are planing to devolping different sci fi weapons, and some modification of the actual weapons arma 3 engine have.

Also we are working to make an real Oxygen system around the land of mars, wich player cant stay up to a minute in that area without protection or Oxygen supply.

Anyway you could somehow give the Trek mod guy a little love and allow us to use our Trek guys in this mod? LOL. It'd be WICKED!!

Anyway you could somehow give the Trek mod guy a little love and allow us to use our Trek guys in this mod? LOL. It'd be WICKED!!

of course, is an open source

Story's kinda far-fetched and doesn't really make sense but hey, interesting idea. Can't wait for this one. Of course, if they first start colonizing Mars in 2030, with a plan for a full colony in 2060, then CSAT doing it would fit with their scifi-looking helmets, uniforms, and ifrits. But can't wait for this map. Looks pretty good so far.

then CSAT doing it would fit with their scifi-looking helmets, uniforms, and ifrits. But can't wait for this map. Looks pretty good so far.

Everyone gets reskinned CSAT gear. Everyone.

I have render the actually texture to add more shadow and lighitng

1094655_546150242118959_1188616911_o.jpg

1147103_546150238785626_719333590_o.jpg

919444_546150232118960_1140897400_o.jpg

Edited by Ninja970Y

Meanwhile, if you still want ideas for gear:

I drew this as a concept for my friend (who's making a weapon mod for Fallout: New Vegas, which explains the US DoD 2077 livery I added for fun) but I thought it would be appropriate here. Anyways, my scanner broke but you get the gist nonetheless:

http://i.imgur.com/a0KuKmH.jpg (454 kB)

Story's kinda far-fetched and doesn't really make sense but hey, interesting idea. Can't wait for this one. Of course, if they first start colonizing Mars in 2030, with a plan for a full colony in 2060, then CSAT doing it would fit with their scifi-looking helmets, uniforms, and ifrits. But can't wait for this map. Looks pretty good so far.

In real, story was just thinked in half an hour, we are not writer and our poetry is in scripts, maps and configs ;)

As we say, this is an Open Source project so everyone could suggest different story, we also accept (and, more, ask!) for weapons and models you wish to see in it.

Since this wish to be a good IMM we check the submitted object/suggestions/configs/etc. for be sure of the quality that we wish to provide to final users, but if a (example) weapon are good modelled and correlated to the ambient we have no reason for don't include it :)

In real, story was just thinked in half an hour, we are not writer and our poetry is in scripts, maps and configs ;)

As we say, this is an Open Source project so everyone could suggest different story, we also accept (and, more, ask!) for weapons and models you wish to see in it.

Since this wish to be a good IMM we check the submitted object/suggestions/configs/etc. for be sure of the quality that we wish to provide to final users, but if a (example) weapon are good modelled and correlated to the ambient we have no reason for don't include it :)

I suppose I could give my version of the story. I could write one up in an hour or so.

but that the program used to create the new maps?

a tip for the map to be inspired Planetside 2 and REDFACTION and DUST

cos' you do not make the map all the same but putting forest alien ^ ^

http://webguyunlimited.com/pixelperfectgaming/wp-content/gallery/planetside_2_launch_screenshots/planetside_2_launch_screenshot_01.jpg (325 kB)

Edited by Veleno92

Our project is based on real condiction of Mars, we are not planning to add some feac , dat will not ever exist in real life.

Ok for some little oasi, artificial structures, but, nothing other.

The player not only have to fight others player, but he have to fight against strong condition too, like oxygen system, strong sand storm, Solar Flare , yes New System Solar flare comes randomly axpecially in equatorial area, where it can damage vehicles and also player.

Edited by Ninja970Y

I suppose I could give my version of the story. I could write one up in an hour or so.

We whould be pleased to have a nice story :)

but that the program used to create the new maps?

a tip for the map to be inspired Planetside 2 and REDFACTION and DUST

cos' you do not make the map all the same but putting forest alien ^ ^

http://webguyunlimited.com/pixelperfectgaming/wp-content/gallery/planetside_2_launch_screenshots/planetside_2_launch_screenshot_01.jpg (325 kB)

Map are in developing by Ninja, configs are in tweaking by me and texture are in developing by MaxSword, i don't get what's your question >.<