Sign in to follow this  
Brain

Payday 2

Hey guys, anyone playing Payday 2?

Hey guys, anyone playing Payday 2?

Well if Steam friend activity is any indicator - EVERYONE is playing it!!

Dind't played the first but want to, eventually, pay and play this.

Even more after this, if it is true:

game-companyes.jpg

Respect to them and glad the game is already making profit even before launch.

Played the beta, But still have not installed the full game yet, it 20gb though. But the game left a good impression in the beta stage.

Will be buying it soon, just not yet though as i bought too many games in last steam sale, still need to play the Witcher and Witcher 2.

I heard a few guys playing it on the UO Teamspeak, and was asking myself what they are playing because it sounded like fun. I watched some YT Videos of it and immediately rushed to the next gas station to get a paysafecard to buy it. :D

Feel free to add me on steam -> pebble_garden

It's really worth the money.

It's really worth the money.

Seconded. Addictive as hell. Shaped charges speed things up quite a bit, though. Makes you notice how much of the game is just sitting about waiting for a drill to do its job.

I have been enjoying this immensely. Lucky enough to have a couple of mates who own it as well. I imagine ArmA vets enjoying this: Lots of planning and communicating needed. Its one of the more tactical games out there I think. Pulling off an alarm free heist is a great sense of achievement.

Yep, as I said I played with some great guys at UO. Sometimes we tried to not get caught... sneaking in, trying to get e.g. keycards, splitting up guys so no one will be able to run away or see something from outside and so on. We nearly managed to make a bank heist without getting caught. Unfortunately we only had one guy capable of using bodybags and we already put 2 guards down. The third one saw the other guard on the ground, I took him out, but a camera inside saw that.

Got around 40 hours with it so far on the PC. Sitting at around level 53 and 12 million spendable cash.

It's an excellent game as long as you don't get caught up in the tiara grind and start playing it for the wrong reasons. Watchdogs seems to be my favorite heist so far, it's a good balance between fun, length and profit. Hopefully they'll do something to make the quick C4 runs less attractive.

Outside the grind servers, the people around it seem to be really nice. Had a bit of a choppy start Firestarter heist last night on Overkill, but once we started talking and coordinating, we had a really good run.

caught up in the tiara grind and start playing it for the wrong reasons.

I don't really understand, what do you mean with that

I'm around level 24, spendable cash around 200.000$ :/

I don't really understand, what do you mean with that

I'm around level 24, spendable cash around 200.000$ :/

Well, currently there are a few missions that can be completed really fast with certain items:

• Ukrainian job - C4 - Run in, blow the safes open, grab the tiara and run back to the van, done in 30 seconds
  • Jewelry store - Run in, everyone grab a bag each, run back to the van, done in 30ish seconds
  • Nightclub - C4 (optionally Saw) - Run in, saw the security door/open it with the keycard/blow it open with C4, C4 the safe, grab bags and wait for the van, done in around 2 minutes
  • Four Stores - Saw (optionally C4) - Saw the two ATM's open, get in the van. If someone has the C4 they can also blow open the safes. Done in 30ish seconds.

Basically, these heists yield a bunch of experience and a card in a very short timespan along with some money.

Money becomes irrelevant when the experience gap between levels increases as you won't have anything to spend it on.

On the other hand, heists which take longer to complete (but are more entertaining) aren't "worth it" as they only drop cards on the final day and the experience for the time invested isn't as good as running short quick missions.

So basically, you can either grind the game, by doing the above 4 missions (Ukrainian job is the fastest and most popular, hence the "tiara grind") really fast to get more cards and experience or you can do the longer heists which are more fun, but don't reward you as much.

LrY4WUOl.jpg

People who grind that way are usually quick to get pissed off and kick you if you for a second don't appear to be doing what they want. Last one running to the van? You're probably getting kicked so the van can leave sooner. Etc. It's basically no longer playing the game, but doing running to the safe, holding F and running back to the van and watching the EXP and cards go.

All the stuff you unlock with the cards? Pointless since the way they're playing all you need is the C4 and what are you going to do with your cool mask and pimped out weapons in those 30 seconds?

Exp and skill points? Irrelevant as the heist doesn't get any harder due because the police doesn't arrive in those 30 seconds and if they do, the van will leave and you can bet that the host will restart the mission.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Btw Sniperwolf Watchdogs is the escape isn't it? Like, you have escapes and heists - Unless I'm thinking of the wrong one (where you start off with the van being shot up)

Also, police don't actually reward you anything afaik, so it's best to avoid them.

I'm about lv49 ish with 14 hours (I got caught up in a grind near the start by some guys, really helpful to get me going though... now I don't do it so much and the curve for exp from 40+ is quite steep).

Btw Sniperwolf Watchdogs is the escape isn't it? Like, you have escapes and heists - Unless I'm thinking of the wrong one (where you start off with the van being shot up)

Also, police don't actually reward you anything afaik, so it's best to avoid them.

I'm about lv49 ish with 14 hours (I got caught up in a grind near the start by some guys, really helpful to get me going though... now I don't do it so much and the curve for exp from 40+ is quite steep).

Watchdogs is the 2 day heist with the cocaine.

On the first day you start in the meat truck with the cocaine bags, then proceed to move the bags into a pickup truck, then escape via the SUV or heli if the SUV doesn't survive.

On the second day, you protect the cocaine in the harbor and toss it in the speedboat as it arrives.

People who grind that way are usually quick to get pissed off and kick you if you for a second don't appear to be doing what they want. Last one running to the van? You're probably getting kicked so the van can leave sooner. Etc. It's basically no longer playing the game, but doing running to the safe, holding F and running back to the van and watching the EXP and cards go.

It's good fun but unfortunately, it does attract the little rubber wanker crowd who think that the fact that they play video games is some kind of major contribution to humanity.

I've basically resorted to playing with friends :)

I though the game was a generic run and gun TPS until I read this thread.

I though the game was a generic run and gun TPS until I read this thread.

Nothing of the sort :) Despite its faults, the game is superbly fun under the correct conditions.

I actually once did the Nightclub heist in a stealth run and it amused me far more than the C4 runs. Fortune had it that I got teamed up with a guy that could lockpick safes. The police never even arrived.

Looks like today's update addresses the tiara grinding.

Longer heists are so much more rewarding and short farm heists, if not done in stealth, now trigger escape missions afterward so they're not as attractive as they were before.

Also no more interacting though the walls and ECM's can now open the ATM's.

Looks like today's update addresses the tiara grinding.

Longer heists are so much more rewarding and short farm heists, if not done in stealth, now trigger escape missions afterward so they're not as attractive as they were before.

Also no more interacting though the walls and ECM's can now open the ATM's.

Yeah, I found that stuff out last night when it updated with 1.4GB and I was like wuuut... especially pleased about the more rewarding long heists (they're more fun anyway) and the no heal/passing bags through wall should be an interesting challenge.

I'd love more heists, maybe something like Ocean's 11 or 12 :D

New Update is awesome!

The new changes are nice. Was very good to complete a hard jewellery heist. Having cleared everything out,

the cops caught up with us, forcing a second escape via helicopter from a rooftop.

I heard five DLCs are on the cards for the next year; some free and some paid. Really looking forward to seeing what else they come up with. I'm hoping for a bigger bank for one. And with the multiple days for a job, maybe the Oceans 11/12 scenarios are doable? Hope so! I see a lot of scope for this game, and I'm very eager to see what else they have lined up for us heisters! :)

Also some campaign, solo- or multiplayer, about climbing up the "blacklist" would be cool. You start with easy small jobs and they get bigger and bigger. Combined with building up your safehouse & decorating it... would be a lot of improvement.

Yes, in the DLC I'd love to see Safe House customization, and more gameplay modes. PD2 could really branch out to more than heists and escapes!