Sign in to follow this  
csaky85

WW2 Stalingrad

Hello. Im new here. I never seen Stalingrad city before in Arma 2, so I tried to make it. I'm using more mods at the same time. I44, 31st Normandy, Unsung, atc.

The city is made with the simply Arma2 editor at the game. The island I used is called Schwemlitz winter. There is a nice big empty area on the left side of the map. Only some bushes, trees and roads. Perfect for making a custom city. :) I made the city with helping old photos and a real ww2 stalingrad map to feels it closer to real. (and what is possible to do with this editor...:p )

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YtDPpxl0A

Another side of city on other island :p , Grain elevator, island name is Dead city (Grozny), a great big almost empty island with a river. Maybe its Volga? :)

Thx guys. But I'm waiting too for someone who is able to do from this custom editor map a full stalingrad mod, and making new russian models. I made only the idea. :P

PS. I remaked completly the midtown area better, using aerial photos, and more Satalingrad models. Tomorrow I'll introduce the city with a video. :) Than see that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5I7RgKF_u0

i really think this looks really good, with very good re makes of real places (grain elevator), but, what i would like to know is, when will this be available, i have been looking for a world war 2 eastern front mod for awhile, and this looks perfect! СпаÑибо!

Stalingrad and the whole Eastern Front is my favourite area - I loved it in IL2 and now I'm playing Arma 2 I would love to be able to create my own missions on this map. The atmosphere is brilliant and the map really is an incredible achievement. I hope you find the help you need. Any chance that the map itself will be available?

Some guys are working on the Stalingrad project, but nothing news about it yet. Still no mod or Stalingrad map yet. Docattak, If you want I can send you my Stalingrad map made in dead city island in the mission editor, but you will need download all addons what I used in the city. I think it should work in your mission editor too.

Now I rebuilded the city with custom building addons (thx New SVD) and IF44 Lite addons. But it really need to make it to an island.pbo.

Some pics of the new Stalingrad midtown:

Fallen fighters square:

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-18-34-680.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-24-48-577.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-41-47-112.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-42-04-899.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-20-21-037.jpg

Theatre from the square:

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-21-51-037.jpg

Univermag from the square:

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-41-04-969.jpg

Gogol street (to the train station):

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-39-17-395.jpg

Gogol street (to the square):

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-25-37-414.jpg

Train station:

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-26-20-743.jpg

• Like 1

What a sh*t forum... max 10 picture/post... pfff.. :)

And the last one:

arma2oa+2014-03-16+11-46-40-639.jpg

And one small user mission with some plus sounds, enjoy. :) It really need to make in a mod!!! :o

• Like 1

Do it, csaky, do it! That looks already very intense, makes you feel the fear and smell it, too! Great map and gameplay already, so go ahead and make it an alpha release!

tourist

Csaky, this looks absolutely awesome! Really atmospheric :) thank you so much for making this!

Seeing as you are making an entire map, however, shouldn't you be posting in modding discussion? Maybe you'll have more success finding someone to help you turn it into a mod there

Thank you guys. Yeah I'm trying everywhere and I found some guys who can make a mod from this but there's nothing news about it yet. But it is too difficult and really hard project to making the most closer map of the real Stalingrad. So what I made in the editor is nothing more only a plan for someone who could make a mod. Sadly I dont know nothing about modding or making an island. I hope one day it will release in a mod :)

Hi guys. So who want to try this city in the mission editor follow this:

-here is the mission.sqm: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b4bj66 unrar and copy to: /user/documents/arma2/missions

-you need download all of these mods and addons to working fine and change the shortcut settings to this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@mbg_Buildings_3;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@bet_add ons_1.47;@Schwemlitz;@I44;@31stWWA2;@IF_lite;@IF_O ther_Addons_lite;@LIB_DLC_1_lite;@deadcity;@Thirsk ;@vte;@s_houses;@Pacific_beta;@San6;@odenLIB;@oden LIB1

(yep, you need VTE and Pacific mod too, I used some addons from there) All addons you can find at armaholic.com only @s_houses no, becouse it is custom addon from New SVD path. (Thx again a lot). @s_houses you can download from here: https://disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=TFVsJXvCtIdpb6uTwdbzlOQoio0hzH6W6u7pYU0rK4o%3D

-If the SAR RU architect.pbo cant work, overwrite it in the @deadcity folder with this one: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p69kvo

Is it from Arma1 but it works me.

-If everything is OK, you can find the city in the mission editor on island Grozny(deadcity) with name Stalingrad new1

I think thats it. :)

PS. The city is not finished, I made only the city midtown. Good work with it. :o

csaky, thank you so much for making this available for download, definitely gonna try it! Also, good luck witht the rest of the project :)

Your welcome. I hope it will works fine. :)

Hi guys. I have a new scene. Someone tried the map?

Yeah man, I tried the map.. It was awesome! The attention to detail is what realy struck me, it actually looked like a destroyed city.. not with weirdly well kept roads you tend to see in other maps :p I tried it in Arma 3 as well, and with the new lighting engine it looked really immersive! But like you said yourself, to really do it justice, this should be a propper addon map. Good luck with further development :)

Thank you. :) It works in Arma 3 too? :icon_surprised: Maybe once I will continue the city building. There are many fine addons to build the north factory sector. Red October, Barricades and the Tractor factory scenes. But I think it will better to do it in the cleared Deadcity island, couse with this existing midtown it will be too huge for the PC... :D It needed an atomreactor to run fine. :D