Yes thank you ru.

Just wondering if there could be something to the AI that WWAICOVER was messing with, when I read the error lines.

The only way to assess exactly what each soldier is doing is by using an aerial drone view. Heat signature makes soldiers visible through trees and you can observe the same mission from a different angle of the battlefield easily because the drone moves a lot faster than a civilian.

I think it is easier for the sake of testing to put just a 2vs2 fight and try in rugged, flat, terrain.

This ensures no LOS problems so that all 4 soldiers fight seeing the enemy, leadership is present but no target switching happens, easy steps first.

Is there a page to check about the details of the DEV build?

Did you try the "spectator mode" I suggested?

I have to say I am beginning to despair a little. I have all the routines up and running perfectly. However the AI leaders always override my commands. I do not want to use waypoints as they break missions big time. I just have to find a good way of making AI leaders not issue commands!

WW the time to submit needs for your scripts to BIS seems to have come.

Please do so, open a ticket, so we may test in the DEV build.

Hi, I am new to this stuff, is it possible to use these when hosting MP with friends, lets say I wanted to send this along my mission file is there away to include this with the workshop mission?

Hi, I am new to this stuff, is it possible to use these when hosting MP with friends, lets say I wanted to send this along my mission file is there away to include this with the workshop mission?

No all the players playing have to download and use the mod for this to work.

WW must be stuck... no new V it's a bad omen :(

Not so fast. I have an idea. It won't be perfect. Not even close. But should make it slightly better.

I have been really busy lately. Still busy actually.

Not so fast. I have an idea. It won't be perfect. Not even close. But should make it slightly better.

I have been really busy lately. Still busy actually.

i'M SO CURIOUS :D

No all the players playing have to download and use the mod for this to work.

Are you saying that the scripts in this are tied to the host so if the host has this then that is what the Ai will act like?

Are you saying that the scripts in this are tied to the host so if the host has this then that is what the Ai will act like?

The host and the clients needs it :)

The host and the clients needs it :)

Ok, thanks. Is there a way to send addons with mission files though, ideally I would like to pack mods with the mission especially if the mission uses custom models.

Windwalking, I had a weird bug: I made a video but it takes now too long to upload it and I have to go back to college.

I use your mod (last version) and TPW's.

At the end of a firefight, i was looking for the last opfor. I found him, standing and looking away from me.

I draw my pistol and vent near him, I shoot near his feet and no reaction. Hoot all around him a pistol clip, but no reaction. I went right in front of him, no reaction.

I shoot him in torso and he fell down, while he was standing up he shoot once missing me, I shoot him again and he was falling down dead, but while his body was on the groundm his mg begun to shoot in full auto, killing me (and the source of his bullets were coming from where he was standing, not the actual gun on the ground).

Hope I am clear.

I will report the same bug to TPW.

http://s21.postimg.org/e3x5purdz/arma_3_bug.jpg (142 kB)

Edited by lucadena

Windwalking, I had a weird bug: I made a video but it takes now too long to upload it and I have to go back to college.

I use your mod (last version) and TPW's.

At the end of a firefight, i was looking for the last opfor. I found him, standing and looking away from me.

I draw my pistol and vent near him, I shoot near his feet and no reaction. Hoot all around him a pistol clip, but no reaction. I went right in front of him, no reaction.

I shoot him in torso and he fell down, while he was standing up he shoot once missing me, I shoot him again and he was falling down dead, but while his body was on the groundm his mg begun to shoot in full auto, killing me (and the source of his bullets were coming from where he was standing, not the actual gun on the ground).

Hope I am clear.

I will report the same bug to TPW.

http://s21.postimg.org/e3x5purdz/arma_3_bug.jpg (142 kB)

This is an AI bug from BIS. The AI sometimes do not engage at all.

Ok, thanks. Is there a way to send addons with mission files though, ideally I would like to pack mods with the mission especially if the mission uses custom models.

No way that I know of.

Seem to be getting lot of errors in line 918. I think it is due to this mod interacting with tpw_mod (the cars actually). It seems that when a car spawns, then despawns line 918 triggers, as it is no longer there.

Seem to be getting lot of errors in line 918. I think it is due to this mod interacting with tpw_mod (the cars actually). It seems that when a car spawns, then despawns line 918 triggers, as it is no longer there.

I turned off almost everything in TPW_Mod I was only interested in the Ai routines the and fog and stuff like that, anything that added too much overhead like the cars, civs, rain, lights, radio I disabled. I left the animals on because that seems naked to me I can get over the npcs because I prefer to script them in my missions. Animals though they are populate otherwise barren areas and so I set them to about 8 spawns left the timer on 10 seconds. The rest of the stuff I mentioned added weight to the game and got in the way of mission units path finding because often cars or civs or what ever would spawn in triggers and or get in the way of patrol paths.

I don't know why the creator of TPW decided to add of these things, if you were playing wasteland I guess that's what you would want going on. Personally I just had no use for it and that is why their is options to disable it thankfully I would have proffered separate modules but beggars cant be choosers.

^^ thanks for that. Anyway, back to my point, could a check be put in for disappearing cars please :)

Regarding tpw's mod ... pure awesomeness. Glad for all of it for the record. Back on topic please ...

BI needs to hire you. I haven't even tried this yet and I can tell you already know what the heck you are talking about.

Other day I was mortaring a patrolling squad.. mortars exploding around them.. they kept walking as if nothing was going on. Then one guy guy hit and THEN they reacted. SOUNDS like gunfire should keep them all in an active "seek cover" type of mode at all times. They should only be able to zero in on where the gunfire is coming from if there are large amounts of tracers or as time goes by and they can tell the direction the sound is coming from. There should be no way within 200M they can turn around and shoot you "UNLESS" It is a sniper or someone with binoculars in one of the towers which never happens.

I turned off almost everything in TPW_Mod I was only interested in the Ai routines the and fog and stuff like that, anything that added too much overhead like the cars, civs, rain, lights, radio I disabled. I left the animals on because that seems naked to me I can get over the npcs because I prefer to script them in my missions. Animals though they are populate otherwise barren areas and so I set them to about 8 spawns left the timer on 10 seconds. The rest of the stuff I mentioned added weight to the game and got in the way of mission units path finding because often cars or civs or what ever would spawn in triggers and or get in the way of patrol paths.

I don't know why the creator of TPW decided to add of these things, if you were playing wasteland I guess that's what you would want going on. Personally I just had no use for it and that is why their is options to disable it thankfully I would have proffered separate modules but beggars cant be choosers.

What a strange comment. I added all that stuff because it is missing from the game. I made it an all in one because everyone bitched when it was offered as separate modules. I added options to enable you to use the bits you want and configure them how you want. But you seem to be saying that I should have written a mod that just does only what you want, and not bothered with the rest.

Anyway, WindWalking please let me know if I can help with the car issue

Edited by tpw

What a strange comment. I added all that stuff because it is missing from the game. I made it an all in one because everyone bitched when it was offered as separate modules. I added options to enable you to use the bits you want and configure them how you want. But you seem to be saying that I should have written a mod that just does only what you want, and not bothered with the rest.

TPW don't mind the comment. Your work is just awesome.

Do the civs have a variable marking them as spawned from ur mod?

TPW don't mind the comment. Your work is just awesome.

Do the civs have a variable marking them as spawned from ur mod?

They sure do. Civs have the variable "tpw_civ_owner", cars have "tpw_car_owner".

_civ setvariable ["tpw_civ_owner", [player],true];

_spawncar setvariable ["tpw_car_owner", [player],true];

You can isnil these variables to see if the civs/cars are spawned by TPW MODS

Just ignore, not worth it.

Yay!