When using this awesome mod with TPW CIVS, any group (red or blue) on a safe patrol automatically goes into aware when they see any civilians. They don't shoot at them, they just switch to aware. Anyone else use these two mods together getting the same thing?

@Banky it's more than likely TPW CIVS. When it spawns civs it has to create a civilian centre, but it doesn't stipulate whether the civs it spawns are friendly to your side or not. Your best bet is to place a civ in the editor with 0% probability of presence. This civ will use your game settings for friendliness, and so will any subsequent civs spawned by TPW CIVS.

This is strange, shouldnt FFIS overlap some features? They both handle combat differently.

I have a feeling its simply one of the mods using Combat Mode on a heli.

This is strange, shouldnt FFIS overlap some features? They both handle combat differently.

I have a feeling its simply one of the mods using Combat Mode on a heli.

My mod doesn't affect any units inside vehicles so I think it's innocent lol. Try eliminating mods to see what's wrong?

lol, at this point I dont think its worth it to remove a mod to have functional AI Helis.

I will let you know what it is though!

Love this mod.

@Banky it's more than likely TPW CIVS. When it spawns civs it has to create a civilian centre, but it doesn't stipulate whether the civs it spawns are friendly to your side or not. Your best bet is to place a civ in the editor with 0% probability of presence. This civ will use your game settings for friendliness, and so will any subsequent civs spawned by TPW CIVS.

I figured it out. In the WWAICOVER userconfig I set ww_car_AudibleFar and ww_car_AudibleNear to 0 and now they patrol as normal. Seems , at least for me, with those two paramaters active whenever they were aware of a car (civilian or military) then they would go into aware or combat mode.

I figured it out. In the WWAICOVER userconfig I set ww_car_AudibleFar and ww_car_AudibleNear to 0 and now they patrol as normal. Seems , at least for me, with those two paramaters active whenever they were aware of a car (civilian or military) then they would go into aware or combat mode.

I could later on add a check for TPW civ to not apply the effect on civs spawned from the mod. Like TPW said, since they do not have a side, and friendly to none, it causes issues.

If you still need a server to test on I have a dedicated and plenty of time to help out. Hop on our ts3 at voice.trggaming.net:3346 . Im in the arma section.

If you still need a server to test on I have a dedicated and plenty of time to help out. Hop on our ts3 at voice.trggaming.net:3346 . Im in the arma section.

Thanks a lot. I need to work on the code first then I will contact u for testing.

I don't know if it's beyond the scope of this add-on, but would it be possible to add an AI reaction to discovering dead bodies? I'm thinking it could be similar to the way they currently react to vehicle sounds or gunshots using the mod -- i.e., they go into danger mode and enter/search nearby buildings (if there are nearby buildings). In vanilla A3, I think a patrol will simply walk by a body without any kind of reaction whatsoever.

I don't know if it's beyond the scope of this add-on, but would it be possible to add an AI reaction to discovering dead bodies? I'm thinking it could be similar to the way they currently react to vehicle sounds or gunshots using the mod -- i.e., they go into danger mode and enter/search nearby buildings (if there are nearby buildings). In vanilla A3, I think a patrol will simply walk by a body without any kind of reaction whatsoever.

I can add something similar yes. I will look into that.

In vanilla A3, I think a patrol will simply walk by a body without any kind of reaction whatsoever.

The stock AI does react to spotting a dead body buy switching to danger and start searching for you.

/KC

The stock AI does react to spotting a dead body buy switching to danger and start searching for you.

/KC

I just did a simple scenario with two opfor on a single move waypoint and a third standing alone. I set myself behind the lone opfor and shot him with a suppressed rifle, killing him in one shot. The patrol eventually made their way past the dead soldier and did not react.

I just did a simple scenario with two opfor on a single move waypoint and a third standing alone. I set myself behind the lone opfor and shot him with a suppressed rifle, killing him in one shot. The patrol eventually made their way past the dead soldier and did not react.

When I tested in dev build a few weeks ago stock AI did indeed react to dead bodies. Must be the current AI setback due to release version, try again with tomorrows dev build.

/KC

When I tested in dev build a few weeks ago stock AI did indeed react to dead bodies. Must be the current AI setback due to release version, try again with tomorrows dev build.

/KC

Sounds good. I miss Dev branch AI.

<Delete this. wrong thread, sry!>

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Sounds good. I miss Dev branch AI.

Monday the fixes are back. I am looking forward to the ones we knew of plus the new ones BIS said they have for us :-)

WW, check the latest explanation in the Dev branch thread about performance: will it have an effect on how your AI finds cover?

Yay!

WW, check the latest explanation in the Dev branch thread about performance: will it have an effect on how your AI finds cover?

Yay!

It could reduce the efficiency of the AI finding cover. However the mod will function normally, just no fancy accurate finding cover. I have to test it. Can you help?

It could reduce the efficiency of the AI finding cover. However the mod will function normally, just no fancy accurate finding cover. I have to test it. Can you help?
I can definetely try. What should I do?

Yay!

What is that "latest explanation in the Dev branch"? Windwalking, any progress about dedicated servers?

What is that "latest explanation in the Dev branch"? Windwalking, any progress about dedicated servers?
Sorry, here:
The main thing done to optimize Altis performance was to drastically reduce the amount of objects that are simulated as full entities (e.g. fences, low walls, coral reefs, etc.). The upside is that especially in scenarios with lots of AI - it can help quite a bit to reduce the memory footprint. The downside is for scripters wishing to retrieve object references to such objects - that is no longer possible. Objects that require user interaction (e.g. doors on buildings) or simulation elements (e.g. animated windmills) are still full entities.
Yay!