Interesting to see there is some AI development going on, many thanks for that.

Just released a new update

Version 1.20

• Fixed error message when no sufficient cover nearby
  • Added audible effects to most vehicles and rockets
  • Added audible effect to Grenade Launchers
  • AI will now watch the direction the sound came from
  • AI now make yelling sounds when running to cover
  • Greately improved taking cover based on the direction of the threat
  • AI will take cover based on where explosions happened rather than the shooter

If anyone knows better sound classnames for when being ambushed/running to cover, I would be grateful.

This update optimized the code/behavior a lot.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Reuploaded with version 1.21 to hotfix a compatibility issue with TPWCAS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.21.zip

Thanks for your hard work re,the AI.

I have been using the TPW_EBS suppression mod with great success, so it is really good to hear that they are both compatible,cheers,

Mick. :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Ah, more new blood. An impressive and valuable first effort, Windwalking!

Ah, more new blood. An impressive and valuable first effort, Windwalking!

Thanks a lot. Too bad I never played the other Arma games, but I am planning to stay active in Arma 3.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

New version 1.23

Fixed a bug regarding vehicles. Quite cruicial sorry about that :)

Version 1.23

• Fixed a bug concerning firing cannons or MG from vehicles
  • Made taking cover much more effecient
  • Friendly AI units now return to formation after taking cover IF you didnt give them the WAIT command

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.23.zip

Hi and Thank's for the great addon, I get a few errors on screen File ( WW_AICOVER\ww_aicover.sqf, line 337 ) I was playing with the tpw ebs and a couple of other ai enhancements when I added your addon yesterday I get freezes in game every 2 or 3 minutes only happens when I enable the addon if I don't use it it works normally a haven't checked the rpt yet if you like I can stick a YT vid up to show you it . cheers again

Hi and Thank's for the great addon, I get a few errors on screen File ( WW_AICOVER\ww_aicover.sqf, line 337 ) I was playing with the tpw ebs and a couple of other ai enhancements when I added your addon yesterday I get freezes in game every 2 or 3 minutes only happens when I enable the addon if I don't use it it works normally a haven't checked the rpt yet if you like I can stick a YT vid up to show you it . cheers again

Is that in the latest version I just uploaded? If not try it and tell me?

Appreciate the help.

It was the one from yesterday or the day before ill try the new one now cheers again SmokeDog

New Version, this one is quite interesting. The mod now has interoperability with TPW_EBS if present. Its required, but quite recommended. Note that you have to copy over the userConfig folder again since there has been many changes.

Version 1.25

• Enhanced take cover function even further
  • AI now retreat to cover even if already aware of attacks if the attack is of high threat, like grenades
  • Added suppression effects if TPW_EBS is present. Enable TPW_EBS debug to see how it works
  • AI react to vehicles nearby if engine is on
  • various bugfixes and code optimizations

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v25.zip

Anyone care to post a video with updated version?

Much appretiated.

Anyone care to post a video with updated version?

Much appretiated.

I will try to do that, but I am not very good with capturing and editing videos. If someone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest
updated with fixed file

I got the hint saying I have the wrong config

Sry about that, fix incoming in minutes

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Here is the updated link. Sorry again for the mistake :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.25.zip

Edited by Windwalking
Wrong link, I edited it

Very nice, Windwalking! Will give this a shot as soon as possible.

We will test this on a dedicated server later (with each client running the addon). It should also be interesting to see how JSRS' seemingly increased sound ranges will affect AI behaviour. Do feel free to pop by if you are interested to find out how this runs in multiplayer. At any rate, I will gladly provide feedback. Thank you very much for sharing this with us! :-)

Very nice, Windwalking! Will give this a shot as soon as possible.

We will test this on a dedicated server later (with each client running the addon). It should also be interesting to see how JSRS' seemingly increased sound ranges will affect AI behaviour. Do feel free to pop by if you are interested to find out how this runs in multiplayer. At any rate, I will gladly provide feedback. Thank you very much for sharing this with us! :-)

Thank you very much. I am intrigued by how it will perform in MP. I know though that TPW_EBS will not work MP, so when testing, do not use TPW_EBS alongside my mod.

Also regarding JSRS, I have all range settings editable through config. I havent tried JSRS, but if it needs adjusting to its sound ranges, it will be as easy as editing the config values.

Does anyone know if this can be used in conjunction with Zooloo75's mod? dont want any conflicts and was wondering if it works together or if I should simply use just this one along with TPW-EBS???

Does anyone know if this can be used in conjunction with Zooloo75's mod? dont want any conflicts and was wondering if it works together or if I should simply use just this one along with TPW-EBS???

I can't say for certain whether this mod will work with Zooloo's. I can guarantee though that it will work better with TPW_CAS. However do try it out and see if its working for you. Do share if it does here.

are you gonna make it for arma 2 too?

For this to work with TPW EBS, do we need to disable tpw_ebs_findcover in that mod's userconfig file?

with the latest update, i put one NATO squad and CSAT squad on the map with seek and destroy waypoints towards eachother, and the squad leaders are telling everyone to hold fire. so its been a huge staring contest so far :(