Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Problem with Transport Unload - Helicopter

I thought I had this licked as per my tutorial (which still seems to work). I have a helicopter which has me in it as cargo. I have a series of waypoints, one of which is a 'Transport Unload' on an Invisible Helipad at Air Station 26. No matter what I do, the helicopter flies in, gets over the waypoint and then boots me out without landing. I have tried it with both -- helo land "get out" -- and without on the ON ACT part of the Transport Unload, but no matter what, I get ejected .

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks as always

Ps. How do I get my player to sit on the outside seats of the MH-9 (just for coolness)

Will move player into the outside of the helicopter.

this moveInCargo [helo, 2]

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

As for keeping the helicopter there on the ground simply add a trigger and sync it to the transport unload waypoint.

Create a trigger.

AXIS A: 0

AXIS B: 0

Type: is switch

Condition: !(player in helo) && player distance helo > 5

You can always change the distance, 5 seems pretty safe to me before it takes off.

You will also need to add, helo land "LAND" into the ON ACT.: line in your transport unload waypoint.

Edited by cobra4v320

I thought I had this licked as per my tutorial (which still seems to work). I have a helicopter which has me in it as cargo. I have a series of waypoints, one of which is a 'Transport Unload' on an Invisible Helipad at Air Station 26. No matter what I do, the helicopter flies in, gets over the waypoint and then boots me out without landing. I have tried it with both -- helo land "get out" -- and without on the ON ACT part of the Transport Unload, but no matter what, I get ejected .

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks as always

this is what I use in my extraction script just for that reason..

waitUntil {sleep 0.2; isTouchingGround extract1};

then it kicks units out when landed. (extact1 - is name of my helo)

I have tried everything and still it boots me out. What the hell is going on here???????

This works for me:

Ground Troop Leader's init:

riders = group this; {_x moveincargo chopper} foreach units riders; 

Trigger around LZ onAct:

commandGetOut units riders;

Heliocopter just has a Transport Unload waypoint inside the trigger and a MOVE elsewhere.

Flies in, as we approach we're ordered to get out, heli lands, we all get booted, heli takes off and flies away.

I do not know what is going on today, I can't seem to do right from wrong. Everything I seem to touch turns to S***.

LOL, thanks for the support KYL :)

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 ----------

I have just placed a new invisible heli pad on a road and it works fine. Lands, I get booted out and then it takes off. Weird, must be something I did or game wise wrong with Station 26. Anyway, problem solved.

Thanks for all your help, it is always appreciated

ive been having a similar problem with my MP missions. The choppers almost NEVER seem to land & we all get kicked out as the chopper hovers. This is so rubbish to me & in my opinion its a fault with the games waypoints. If anyone has a solution to enable my squad to leave the chopper while its on the ground & ONLY take off once we are ALL out, please can you share it with me?

this worked for m thanks i just ported in to kunduz map and changed the helos... though my AT did get killed on disembarking.