Hi.

The program identifies mod folders by checking that they contain any file in the same path as the game would expect it if it would be a mod. For example, if you create a new folder called MyMod under the game folder, and in that folder you put a file called ccgame.c inside a subfolder called scripts, then MyMod will appear in the ModMixer program as it understands that it might be a mod. Even if you didn't intend it to be one, and in that file you have put there is just your grocery shopping list.

If other mods aren't showing in the modmixer it must be because they either contain no files, or you maybe have extracted them wrapping them into an additional folder. For example, maybe you have something like GameFolder/deckviews/deckviews/[mod files and folders] instead of the correct GameFolder/deckviews/[mod files and folders]. Please, check this.

Hi.

The program identifies mod folders by checking that they contain any file in the same path as the game would expect it if it would be a mod. For example, if you create a new folder called MyMod under the game folder, and in that folder you put a file called ccgame.c inside a subfolder called scripts, then MyMod will appear in the ModMixer program as it understands that it might be a mod. Even if you didn't intend it to be one, and in that file you have put there is just your grocery shopping list.

If other mods aren't showing in the modmixer it must be because they either contain no files, or you maybe have extracted them wrapping them into an additional folder. For example, maybe you have something like GameFolder/deckviews/deckviews/[mod files and folders] instead of the correct GameFolder/deckviews/[mod files and folders]. Please, check this.

Wow, it was that simple and I feel silly now! the path was deckviews/deckviews/ and likewise with slowships. Thanks very much!

I successfully merged 3 mods, however when attempting to launch I got this in the error.log file (the game just closes to desktop when trying to load, without an error message)

The mods were deadlyislands (which I have edited a bit myself but i'm not convinced this is the problem), slowships, and deckviews.

It doesn't matter too much to me at the moment anyways since one of the mods can't be merged until binary file combining is up and running, but just in case anyone else is experiencing this and also to help get bugs out of the mod mixer:

G:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\_MixerMod_\scripts\CCGame.c(405) Multiple declaration of variable 'mod_IsInMap'

G:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\_MixerMod_\scripts\CCGame.c(12674) Multiple declaration of variable 'mycarrori'

Edited by atroublestarter

It's not a bug with the mixer, it's just that two mods are using variables with the same name.

Edit: You MAY be able to fix this yourself by loading each of the scripts from ONE of the mods into notepad, and doing a "replace all" of "mod_IsInMap" with "mod_IsInMapb" and "mycarrori" with "mycarrorib", as long as both mods aren't declaring on the same line.

It's not a bug with the mixer, it's just that two mods are using variables with the same name.

Edit: You MAY be able to fix this yourself by loading each of the scripts from ONE of the mods into notepad, and doing a "replace all" of "mod_IsInMap" with "mod_IsInMapb" and "mycarrori" with "mycarrorib", as long as both mods aren't declaring on the same line.

ah, I will give that a go.

Earlier I just tried to delete 2 lines that were exactly the same, and whilst the game did load, no mod seemed to be activated, not even any of the deadly islands features, so i've given up for now lol but I will attempt the replacement as you suggested, since when it comes to scripting I have no experience and you seem like a pro lol

A couple of more suggestions:

1. Make the config remember the size of the window and if it is maximised (I like to always have programs maximised to see all the information available).

2. Have the "Start Game" button disabled until the combine has been successfully done. Any change to the selected combination, disable the start button again until they are combined again.

Okay. Both are good suggestions, Species.

I will see them done when I get a moment.

Hi, everyone!

Sorry for taking longer than expected, but between vacations and some other project, I have been quite busy and away from Carrier Command.

Finally I added the functionality of merging together all dbexport.bin files that every mod might include.

If two mods modify the same row of the same table, but different cells, they won't collide.

However if both of them modify the same cell, only the highest priority mod's value will be kept.

The merge should "theoretically" work well, as the file format of the merged file generated I believe is right. I would gladly thank if someone can actually test merging two mods with dbexport.bin changes and confirm that both are being kept. :)

Several other minor fixes and suggestions have been included.

Version 1.07:

- ADDED: The DbExport.bin database files can now be combined. If several mods modify the same values, the values from the mod with highest priority will prevail.

- ADDED: It now remembers the window size and whether it was maximized.

- FIX: You cannot launch the game game with the combined mod until some mod(s) have been successfully combined.

The download link in the first post has been updated for the new version.

I have added to that first post a Special Thanks section, because I honestly believe that this mod would have been impossible to make without the help or previous work of the people mentioned there.

Thanks everyone!

By the way, I uploaded a new version correcting a problem with privilege escalation.

Has anyone tried the database merging feature successfully with their favorite mods?

Just a suggestion for the next version; can you please change location it searches for mods to be user selectable(browse for folder). That way we can have working folders outside of the main game folder to do testing in.

Also a refresh button would be handy too, further down the road that is.

edit: everything seems to work ok, the dbwxport was not corrupted or anything. Need to track down every change to confirm it.

Edited by disorder

Actually that is a really good suggestion, Disorder. There is no reason why the mods would need to stay in the game folder, because the files are copied anyway to the combined mod folder when they are merged together.

Also, now that program makes use of a zip library already to open the PAK files, it could even support zipped mods to allow for easier "installation" of mods: just drop the zip file in the game folder and the mixer will identify them.

I will look into it.

I have the problem that although the mod mixing runs without reporting any errors, the Start Game button remains greyed out and I can't start the game.

Does anyone have an idea where I'm going wrong?

Sorry. For some reason I wasn't notified of your post. Which mods are you mixing? I will have a look when I can. :)

No problem. Well, the mods I*m trying are: Deadly Islands, Deck Views, Nemesis Mod, and Sound Mod. I've tried several combinations (including single mods to see what would happen).

Some combinations produce errors in the log, and some don't, but the result remains the same.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7-64 and the non-Steam version of CCGM, patched to 1.07.

Those mods wouldn't mix anyway. Nemesis and deckviews are not compatible with 1.07, and Nemesis wouldn't mix with the latest Deadly Islands in any case.

I also get the problem with the launch button, even trying single mods. I assume the mixer is looking for a specific version of the exe.

Ah, that explains it. I probably didn't read the accompanying material closely enough.

Thank you very much for going to the trouble of checking this for me.

Regards

Peer

Howday azrapse and everyone else!

I know I've been pretty inactive the last few months here, but basically because for some reason *cough*newgames*cough* I was a bit passive on Carrier Command. Now my dad came home and I wanted to introduce him to all those great mods (namely deadly islands, nemesis and slow ships and that modpack). So far so great, but for some reason, even tho he uses the exact same configuration and game version (1.6something), the nemesis doesn't want to be accepted to be mixed into the rest.

Here's the setup and what happens:

-deadlyislands

-nemesismod

-modpack

-slowships

Without nemesis mod it works fluently without any issues. Check and combine nemesis mod and then press Start Game button, it loads for a few seconds on a black screen, then jumps/crashes back to the desktop...any ideas?

PS: Huuuuuuuge thank you for mentioning me in the "Special Thanks"-section <3 I'm really happy I could provide this much help to your development :3

On 12/2/2023 at 3:04 PM, 5000Igor said:

The Download is not working anymore. Would you be so kind and fix it??

It has been 10 years so it is unlikely. As Deadly Islands is the only active mod and it has changed massively over that time, it is unlikely it would me mixable with the others any longer anyway.