Sign in to follow this  
Crotaro

Carrier Shell Gun Buggy

So there I was, another fine english-weathery day of bombarding shores with my carrier's shell cannon. I used a Manta to scout out a bit and stay in a safe spot so I may get better shots on the enemies buildings.

My tactic was to aim at the approx location, shoot one time, quickly switch to the Manta to see where the shell landed and then readjust my cannon vertical and horizontal line.

Then I wondered(when I actually hit a building 2 or 3 times after having switched to the Manta)why it didn't even start to smoke.

I decided to check if it might have been a bug, so I chose the Manta "Heli"-Pad building, since I knew it should fall apart after 3-4 direct hits of my carrier shell cannon.

What I did:

-Shoot from long range a shell

-Switch to Manta

-Make sure that the shell hit directly the H-Building(but can be any building)

-Repeat this about 10 times

-Just shoot at the building without switching to Manta -> Building down in 3-4 hits

Conclusion: It appears that the Carrier Shells somehow become either very weak or completely undamaging when you control a different unit while the shell is still in flight. I repeated my experiment a few times and I don't think that something is wrong with my installation.

Hello,

thanks for reporting this. Should be fixed in the next patch.

Hello,

thanks for reporting this. Should be fixed in the next patch.

I had a similar experience to Crotaro. What I did was I fired my carrier's shell gun at the pier of an island, but the pier wasn't destroyed. To make sure, I fired many shells at close range. I know all or most of the shells hit the pier. There wasn't even any smoke. I then launched a manta, fired its weapons at the same pier, and my manta destroyed the pier quickly and easily. I know it is already going to be looked into for the next patch, but I wanted to mention my experience to possibly give further information on this matter. I also think there is something wrong with the shell gun damage.

Edited by Rob04

I think there's something wrong with the shell gun's damage, too. Sure it shouldn't be a one shot one kill weapon I think, but a huge shell fired from a carier should do more damage than a howitzer shell...or the howitzer's are just loaded with a mini-nuke :P

I think there's something wrong with the shell gun's damage, too. Sure it shouldn't be a one shot one kill weapon I think, but a huge shell fired from a carier should do more damage than a howitzer shell...or the howitzer's are just loaded with a mini-nuke :P

I altered the guns to make them less accurate, feel free to try my Tweak Mod; a new version is going up today.