Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Can you talk about environmental sounds a little?

Does rain provides any time of obstruction?

I'm not sure if his sound samples are ok with copyright policy of the contest...

Can you talk about environmental sounds a little?

Does rain provides any time of obstruction?

Not sure what you mean by that. Rain does sounds... like rain and thats it^^ I'm still tweaking the environment configs so that you can tell how strong the wind is by the sound of it. Might be interesting for ACE later or any kind of ballistic mods.

LJ

I think he means either if rain affects other sounds, or if the rain sound changes depending on the environment around and if so, to what degree.

Not sure what you mean by that. Rain does sounds... like rain and thats it^^ I'm still tweaking the environment configs so that you can tell how strong the wind is by the sound of it. Might be interesting for ACE later or any kind of ballistic mods.

LJ

Hi LordJarhead,

Will you be taking the direction of the wind into consideration too, fixed to the direction of ingame wind as this would be an awesome addition. An audible indicator whilst throwing smoke grenades etc.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148719-ARMA-3-Addon-Request-Thread/page42

Hi LordJarhead,

Will you be taking the direction of the wind into consideration too, fixed to the direction of ingame wind as this would be an awesome addition. An audible indicator whilst throwing smoke grenades etc.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148719-ARMA-3-Addon-Request-Thread/page42

Isn't the mod in the video nor doing that already? I'm pretty sure it can be combined with JSRS later. Maybe I could get in contact with the author.

LJ

That's good to here. I made the video for demonstration purposes, as far as I know the mod doesn't exist? I'd really like to see this included in Arma, it'd be a really nice addition to the Arma3 ACE mod (who knows). Anemometer etc. Possibly even effecting the comms in ACRE too :)

ps Great work with your sfx library

Man i can't wait to hear how 120mm gun sounds like. I believe it hits something like this

. And i hope T100 Varsuk have Gas Turbine Sounds becouse real Black Eagle tank is with Gas Turbine engine tank code model is T80UM2. Looking forward for this mod for a long time! Good luck sir!

Can't wait for this to get released hehe :) I'm holding off on playing ArmA 3 untill I can with the new version of JSRS. No rush though, take the time you need!

We are working really hard on finishing our last goals and to fix the last issues we ran into lately.

Actually we are having big problems with the close range audio effects that wont be played locational really. We are trying to fix that or even do another workaround if nothing else is helping. So we are pushing our limits getting the stuff done and ready for a release, though there are so many things still left to test. We are going to close this thread and switch over to the complete section ones we've released ;)

So some last words here: Let me thank you all SO MUCH for helping and supporting JSRS over the years! Its so awesome seeing all this kind of participation around here! Its really helping me looking forward to continue my work. Thank you all!

Jarhead out!

Thanks for your hard work, dedication and patience with us all in here LJH!

See you on your released thread soon :)

Closed by request.

Apologies to LordJarhead for taking so long!