Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

I have to correct myself. The coax on the Loepard is the same as in the other tanks, not an MG3. Gotta love this copy&paste BS.

I have to correct myself. The coax on the Loepard is the same as in the other tanks, not an MG3. Gotta love this copy&paste BS.

:confused:

Unlike the other tanks the coax on the Leopard is 7.62x51mm so for all we know it could be a MG3.

:confused:

Unlike the other tanks the coax on the Leopard is 7.62x51mm so for all we know it could be a MG3.

Still its an Copy And Paste kinda development BIS is doing, isn't it? All tanks, no matter if Blue, Opfor or Green, its a 120mm cannon and a 7.62 coax. Same for 155mm Arty which is all the same. Sad... really sad.

LJ

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

MBT-52 Kuma= Leopard Revolution.

Oh noooo ... John? This is bringing into a complicated situation! heh...

LJ

I think you misunderstood. The coax of the Leopard is 7.62mm and on the other tanks it's 6.5mm, so it's not a copy and paste. I've posted this before and I'll say it once more, the Kuma is not a copy of anything currently in ARMA3. My only issue is with the T-100 not having a 125mm cannon. Anyway I don't want to go off topic, I just wanted you to know that it's a 7.62mm coax MG mounted on the Kuma.

Ah ok,

well wouldn't matter anyways I believe. This whole 'Keeping it fictional' kinda bugs me out. There is no explanation for this than maybe the licenses BIS dont wanted to pay for, dont know.

LJ

I think you misunderstood. The coax of the Leopard is 7.62mm and on the other tanks it's 6.5mm, so it's not a copy and paste. I've posted this before and I'll say it once more, the Kuma is not a copy of anything currently in ARMA3. My only issue is with the T-100 not having a 125mm cannon. Anyway I don't want to go off topic, I just wanted you to know that it's a 7.62mm coax MG mounted on the Kuma.

Yes, the Kuma/Leopard has a 7,62mm Coax.

But: That Coax and the 7,62mm Coax of the Mora/Warrior both have the same (shitty) soundeffect like all the other 6,5mm Coax machineguns!! That's embarrassing.

The 12,7mm Commander gun of the Kuma has the same soundeffect as all the other 12,7mm guns, although it's surprisingly not the same turret but a little modified looking one.

Additionally: The Mora/Warrior has exactly the same autocannon as the Kamysh and the Gorgon. Besides Warriors are using some totally different 30mm autocannon, they're upgraded with a 40mm CT-40 autocannon these days. So in 2035, I'm pretty sure there won't be a Warrior with a 30mm autocannon left.

And why oh why have the APC the ready-to-fire amount of ammo they have in reality only? Why is there no additional stored ammo to reload? I mean, 200 rounds for the 30mm are a pain in the a$$, but the 100 rounds for the 40mm - seriously?

The manufacturer of the 30mm CIWS is even advertising on his homepage their CIWS can be reloaded from inside the vehicle!

I wrote about this issue I think at least 2 times on the Dev thread, they didn't care.

Ah ok,

well wouldn't matter anyways I believe. This whole 'Keeping it fictional' kinda bugs me out. There is no explanation for this than maybe the licenses BIS dont wanted to pay for, dont know.

LJ

Even then, most weapon names, specially with NATO designations, are public domain. I honestly think they were tired of Arguing design desisions over hyper-realism. If so, it didn't help much. Lol

So a little update:

I've been working on a trailer lately but it'll still take some time. My current testers give good feedback so far and it is looking like we get to an end with the development! Some soniccracks need to be tweaked, two or three vehicles too. Some minor rpt's and the script might get an update as well. And then I'll if we wait for the next big update for ArmA3 and cover the new content as well or not. So no ETA as usually ;)

Stay tuned guys :)

LJ

I'm still holding off on the campaign waiting for this! :D

Yay!

Hey LordJarhead,

been using JSRS for arma2 since it came out, thumbs up for your ongoing work, I know how hard it is to get somewhat decent results with the lack of proper recording gear!

I would really love it if you could use the same sounds for the Cannon of the Mora as you did with the FV510 Warrior in arma2, that sound really had it!

cheers und mach weiter so

Take your time Dear Lord, really looking forward to this. :bounce3:

Hopefully the MX sounds are gooood. :D

Sadly I just realized that the new DLC (which would bring the new content, vehicles and weapons I believe) wont make it before January 2014. So that means I wont wait for that DLC and gotta release JSRS before that, so December will be the month.

Damn, I hate myself already for doing that: 15th of December will be the big day, thats at least the ETA I'm aiming for now. Still, we have to switch servers this weekend and probably will be running on a much faster server (MP servers and such that we will provide ;))

So yeah, just as a site note, 15th! I see if I going to rework much of the stuff that is in our current team build, but as I have to update JSRS2.0 once more (2nd DLC next year) I could just update the stuff I want to tweak or change later on as well. Though the current content will be error free... mostly I hope^^

LJ

Sadly I just realized that the new DLC (which would bring the new content, vehicles and weapons I believe) wont make it before January 2014

You missed the bottom of the new Sitrep

The vehicles, plus other new content such as black versions of the MX rifle family, infra-red grenades and the LRPS sniper scope, will be made available on Wednesday December 11th via an automatic update on Steam.

Go!Go!Go! Get working on the DLC sounds! :P

Edited by ElPresidente

You missed the bottom of the new Sitrep

Go!Go!Go! Get working on the DLC sounds! :P

WOOPS, thanks *NAME OF GAME WEBSITE* for giving wrong informations^^ Wednesday December 11th... thats... not much time to the 15th then Oo. Well gotta make the sounds now and adept the configs then.

Thanks for the info mate!

LJ

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!! Thanks and good Luck LJH!

Patiently awaiting Santa Jarhead to drop some massive sounds on us :cool:

WOOPS, thanks *NAME OF GAME WEBSITE* for giving wrong informations^^ Wednesday December 11th... thats... not much time to the 15th then Oo. Well gotta make the sounds now and adept the configs then.

Thanks for the info mate!

LJ

Going Dev Branch isn't an option? Assets are there already.

And the 15th remains (as long nothing REALLY bad happens) ? So the word can be spreaded...

good point smurf, nipping on the dev build could grant LJ access to the assets like now... :)

Lord Jarhead, thanks again for your brilliant work and keeping us up-to-date with how things are going. A release date now puts me (and the rest of us) at rest :p

How can we show our appreciation for your work? I feel like I owe something to those behind JSRS. A donate button perhaps? Some other form of contribution?

Hey LJ please tell me this sound mod does not change weapon values, but only sounds, there is a big discussion in our task force about players using this mod while others don't and conflicting with our inhouse mods.

Hey LJ please tell me this sound mod does not change weapon values, but only sounds, there is a big discussion in our task force about players using this mod while others don't and conflicting with our inhouse mods.

Normally JSRS runs client side and is pretty much usable near non-JSRS clients. The thing is, that I can't speak for other mods, and I dont know how much they would effect JSRS. JSRS is changing Volume, Distance, Pitch and Soundfile Paths in the weapon and vehicle configs, thats it. If you dont run another soundmod the same time, you shouldn't get in any kinda trouble here ;)

LJ