Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

im not sure if anyones asked this before..

are there sounds to when the bullet hits a unit?

will the sounds differ to where the bullet hit? i.e. head and a torso shot may sound different ;)

i hope ive come clear

Yes there are sounds for hitting a body...

I m wondering too..

THAT will be somehow tricky..

You see in other games characters equipment is "fixed" while in ARMA you can wear on your head:

A helmet/hat/nothing.

Every situation would require maybe different sound.

I m curious about this

... but I cannot separate the body parts the unit will be hit on. Except with scripting, that when you get hit in the head, and you wear a helmet, it would cause an extra loud sound... but even more scripting Oo?

That would be cool. I mean generally when a bullet hits you. Hadn't OPF or Arma 2 such a sharp, painful sounding *PHHTTT*? I liked that pretty much.

But different sounds for different body parts is a little over the top imho.

Speed of Sound has some pretty good impacting sounds on different materials, I hope JSRS will have something similar, too. And I like the yelling when getting hit. Really enhances immersion. SoS just is a little over the top there. As we all know first aid only heals you to 80% or something - so your guy keeps on yelling every few seconds the whole fucking time xD ..

So, yelling of pain when hit -> cool

Yelling all the time because not completely healed -> can get really annoying

Yeah I had the same in JSRS1.5, its kinda strange. So I maybe can combine the scream with the "Hit_Body" sounds :) Testing!

LJ

... but even more scripting Oo?

No..i strongly believe there are more important matters..or even optimization of the existing scripts.

;)

Have you considered making the weapon firing sounds "snappier"? Imo the MX rifles sound a bit too monotonic at the moment.

Have you considered making the weapon firing sounds "snappier"? Imo the MX rifles sound a bit too monotonic at the moment.

The weapon sounds mostly got changed so far plus you get the scripted snap sounds when firing a weapon from 1st person view ;)

LJ

Yeah I had the same in JSRS1.5, its kinda strange. So I maybe can combine the scream with the "Hit_Body" sounds :) Testing!

LJ

I don't have any clue about programming/scripting, but I think that's a really good idea! Hope it works.

Ah and something else just came to my mind.

If anyone of you following this thread is an admin of a server or knows any server admins, please help to spread and progress getting JSRS 2.0 online on as many servers as possible when it's out.

And a list of servers running the mod would be cool, so we all can enjoy it in multiplayer.

Edited by pils

I don't have any clue about programming/scripting, but I think that's a really good idea! Hope it works.

Ah and something else just came to my mind.

If anyone of you following this thread is an admin of a server or knows any server admins, please help to spread and progress getting JSRS 2.0 online on as many servers as possible when it's out.

And a list of servers running the mod would be cool, so we all can enjoy it in multiplayer.

If everything works out as expected then JSRS will run clientside only and the admins just need to allow the mod.

LJ

The weapon sounds mostly got changed so far plus you get the scripted snap sounds when firing a weapon from 1st person view ;)

LJ

Is the snap sound a separate sound playing when firing? This seems to be the case with the speed of sound mod, which (probably?) causes out of sync shooting and snap sounds. Sometimes the snap comes just before the firing sound and vice versa.

LJ have you considered doing something for the wind sounds so heavy wind and light wind sounds different? That combined with wind ballistics would be epic and immersive so you know how heavy the wind really is even without UI.

Yo big homie LJ I got a question dawg. Will the helicopters sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Hh0KTFSu8

You had a stroke or something mate? :D The helios wont sound bad, you'll see ;)

LJ have you considered doing something for the wind sounds so heavy wind and light wind sounds different? That combined with wind ballistics would be epic and immersive so you know how heavy the wind really is even without UI.

Yes, there are wind sounds that can tell you how windy it is right now. ;)

LJ

OMG ! did you not listen to the teaser Vid that was posted of the chopper effects ???

JSRS is like a trip to the doctor at 45 years old .... You know what's coming ! But there's no Freaking way you can prepare for it !

Give him Space, Give Him Time !

He works on the all known ............ "If you build it ! They will come !"

OMG ! did you not listen to the teaser Vid that was posted of the chopper effects ???

JSRS is like a trip to the doctor at 45 years old .... You know what's coming ! But there's no Freaking way you can prepare for it !

Give him Space, Give Him Time !

He works on the all known ............ "If you build it ! They will come !"

where is this teaser you speak of... I must hear it...

Every time this thread gets bumped without a release, another piece of my soul dies.

all i can say is, walking alone on a patrol with mah Marine friends, then suddenly epic sounding explosions

^^ Love it. This mod is a MUST HAVE for people who like immersion and want the most realistic experience they can get out of ArmA 3.

And I'm also wondering... LJ are you going to make the sounds for the vehicles that were just added in the dev branch or are you going to save that for a later version of JSRS?

Edited by LucidPotato

^^ Love it. This mod is a MUST HAVE for people who like immersion and want the most realistic experience they can get out of ArmA 3.

And I'm also wondering... LJ are you going to make the sounds for the vehicles that were just added in the dev branch or are you going to save that for a later version of JSRS?

Not sure yet. If they will make it withing my development time to the normal build of A3, I'll cover those. If not, I have to update so or so. What weapons are we actually talking anyways? Never use Dev branch.

LJ

Not sure yet. If they will make it withing my development time to the normal build of A3, I'll cover those. If not, I have to update so or so. What weapons are we actually talking anyways? Never use Dev branch.

LJ

28-11-2013

EXE rev. 112828

Size: ~439 MB

Added: Wy-55 Hellcat (armed and unarmed)

Added FV-720 Mora

Added MBT-52 Kuma

Added: LRPS optics

Added: IR Grenades

Added: Black variants of MX rifles

Here's the original post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page18

it was on: 28-11-2013

So Wy-55 Hellcat is a new helicopter I believe (the Wildcat maybe even?) good I got some sound sources today from Eight! Thanks to him I'm kinda prepared :P Weapons wont be a problem to cover though.

Thanks for the heads up mate ;)

LJ

MBT-52 Kuma btw is the leopard revolution;)

Hellcat=Wildcat from BAF, so you should have some sounds ready ^^

Mora=Warrior from BAF

MBT-52 Kuma= Leopard Revolution. Same Engine and weapons as the Leopard 2A4 exept for the remote controled 12.7-mm MG

Shouldn´t be a problem to get engine noises for that beast :p

by the sound of it,it sounds like the mod is out is it or are they talking about alpha version?

by the sound of it,it sounds like the mod is out is it or are they talking about alpha version?

If you mean JSRS, then no. Soon'ish though. :)

Hey,

i have found a new bug. I haven´t no explosion sounds of cars, hunter e.g. Is that already a known issue. I think it comes with the latest update of A3 from 2-3 weeks.