Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Thanks for working on such awesomeness to improve our game man. We all highly appreciate it!

Thanks for your words, my friend! You are very welcome! :)

LJ

LordJarhead..... the most loved sound artist in the armaverse.....

Ok, now its getting weird, guys! :P Lets rather stay on topic, hihi!

LJ

Haha indeed I just had to jump on the band wagon.

Yes back to jsrs.. Did you manage to change the sounds for inside buildings when it's raining?

And the distant explosions need to be a deep bang like a low frequency??

And is anything on reverbs, echoing on the way in next versions, for inside the buildings, woods, cities?

Something about hot rods, pizza, hot woman, and alcohol.

Sold!

Couldn't of asked for a better reply, thanks :)

Edited by GDSN

Haha indeed I just had to jump on the band wagon.

Yes back to jsrs.. Did you manage to change the sounds for inside buildings when it's raining?

And the distant explosions need to be a deep bang like a low frequency??

No, didn't got to anything of that lately. But maybe it would be something for JSRS2.5, heh? :)

And is anything on reverbs, echoing on the way in next versions, for inside the buildings, woods, cities?

No, just inside and outside a building. The rest would kill the Framerates.

Server keys available for JSRS yet?

Nope, will come with the full release. No updates for the Alpha anymore :)

LJ

No, didn't got to anything of that lately. But maybe it would be something for JSRS2.5, heh? :)

JSRS 2.5 announced!

Let's go spread the word!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Nope, will come with the full release. No updates for the Alpha anymore :)

LJ

Killing me LJ...patiently waiting for those keys.

JSRS 2.5 announced!

Let's go spread the word!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for one complete packaged download...

I'm still waiting for one complete packaged download...

You and the rest. It'll take time ... I took me 4 years to get here, so what are 4 months to wait for this^^

Stay patient guys, it'll be here soonish. And it WONT be a damn XMas gift or something, it'll be here before that! Well, if nothing bad happens in the meantime I guess^^

LJ

You're work is very much appreciated LJ. The most annoying part about your mod in Arma 2 was yelling loud enough at server admins to include the server keys so I could play online and enjoy the mod on good MP servers. I'm sure I'll have to do the same with Arma 3.

I would keep you up all night pointing out all the differences JSRS2.0 brings to the game compared to the Alpha. So I could keep it short and just say: EVERYTHING!

So let me kinda explain what I mean!

JSRS Alpha is like the empty hull of a old fashion hot rod with nothing in it. JSRS2.0 will bring the paint job, the seats, the blown hemi, the sidepipes, the dragster wheels, the supersport suspension, the psychobilly music and the Custom Kulture Babes!

JSRS Alpha is like bare pizza dough with nothing on it. JSRS2.0 will add tomato sauce, salami, ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese, tons of cheese, something to drink and the hottest woman in the world who would like to share this pizza with you, NAKED!

JSRS Alpha is like drinking without alcohol. JSRS2.0 will add the moonshine, bring all your friends, babes, music, fun and a lot of awesome moments you will LIKE to think back in your future!

Well, I guess you'll get my expression hehe. Thanks for staying patient guys! Running a difficult time since a few weeks and it changed a lot, for now and for the future -.- But JSRS2.0 is not dead!!!!!!

Thank you guys so much for all the nice and kind words which are really helping me staying on this route so finish what has been started!!! THANKS!

LJ

LOL

And now believe me when I tell you that he is not exagerating! It´s awesome!

LJ you need moar motivation??

My 2 y.o. son approached me while i tested a *village raid in editor:

When the *fireworks started-he looked me kinda puzzled and he said only : BOOM BOOM!! :D

Actaully posting here something about a little side project for me I've been working on lately:

Thank you!

LJ

Many thanks for all the teasers which I probably hate you all more for it, however ..

A masterpiece ... shall never be rushed .... Just look at his previous releases ... not many patches needed at all, so I will wait .. not happy about it, but I will wait, knowing that JSRS will redefine playing the game and take missions immersion to a whole new level.

The friends that I know who I have shown the teasers and have not had the privilege of JSRS Arma2 are already blown away .. and I tell them ... just wait ! It will happen ! and ..

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !

Ty Lord J .. for everything you have done and do !

Jax

Actaully posting here something about a little side project for me I've been working on lately

Hey man - good job, nice to see you branching out and doing other stuff.

The sounds were pretty cool man.

Are you going to do some melee sounds for them as well? (would be interested to hear your take on "JSRS_lead_pipe_to_the_knee.wss" or maybe "JSRS_Ball_Pein_Hammer_deforms_skull.ogg".

:)

Hey man - good job, nice to see you branching out and doing other stuff.

The sounds were pretty cool man.

Are you going to do some melee sounds for them as well? (would be interested to hear your take on "JSRS_lead_pipe_to_the_knee.wss" or maybe "JSRS_Ball_Pein_Hammer_deforms_skull.ogg".

:)

Great! I spit my coffee all over my desk man :)

Yah maybe we'll get to that point as well later on! Would be damn interested in something like that heh.

LJ

im not sure if anyones asked this before..

are there sounds to when the bullet hits a unit?

will the sounds differ to where the bullet hit? i.e. head and a torso shot may sound different ;)

i hope ive come clear

I m wondering too..

will the sounds differ to where the bullet hit? i.e. head and a torso shot may sound different ;)

i hope ive come clear

THAT will be somehow tricky..

You see in other games characters equipment is "fixed" while in ARMA you can wear on your head:

A helmet/hat/nothing.

Every situation would require maybe different sound.

I m curious about this

i hope ive come clear

That would be cool. I mean generally when a bullet hits you. Hadn't OPF or Arma 2 such a sharp, painful sounding *PHHTTT*? I liked that pretty much.

But different sounds for different body parts is a little over the top imho.

Speed of Sound has some pretty good impacting sounds on different materials, I hope JSRS will have something similar, too. And I like the yelling when getting hit. Really enhances immersion. SoS just is a little over the top there. As we all know first aid only heals you to 80% or something - so your guy keeps on yelling every few seconds the whole fucking time xD ..

So, yelling of pain when hit -> cool

Yelling all the time because not completely healed -> can get really annoying