Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

I was wondering not sure if I read it already but are you going to make sounds for the doors and other objects and buildings that are missing sounds? A specific example would be the garage like doors on the domes that don't have sounds.

I was wondering not sure if I read it already but are you going to make sounds for the doors and other objects and buildings that are missing sounds? A specific example would be the garage like doors on the domes that don't have sounds.

I'm quiet sure that there are no config entries for doors. Still I would damn like to give them some fitting sounds especially since opening a door can let your enemies know your position. So I think those sounds are a game basis and we need that. We'll see what 8 am able to do.

LJ

I m not sure about that.

I bet afterwards -some- people will come here and complain for (normally) stealth situations that got compromised because of door-sound. (i.e. PvP) -unless you will constrain the effect let's say to a radius of 5m-

*Off course there is a WIP mod around here that changes the 1-0 door opening to fluid-opening (aka stealth approach) doors..but i think this is getting more complicated than you want to be.

Edited by GiorgyGR

Wow I haven't updated my JSRS since it first came out and I got to say it has gotten wayyy better than when it was the first release. Keep it up Jarhead, I have a feeling this will be even better than ArmA 2s.

LordJarhead I love your soundmod when it comes to firefights and movements of the units. But I personally think your cars does not sound that well. Especially the Hunter sounds more like a RC Car than a big ass truck.

I do not know if they are still WIP and will change completely but i think even the Vanilla sounds of the Hunter are more realistic. Could you please rework the Hunter or change it back to Vanilla sound?

Nevertheless your soundmod increases the game experience alot.

Keep up the good work!

Could you please rework the Hunter or change it back to Vanilla sound?

You can do that yourself by just deleting the JSRS2_Hunter files in the addons folder. The hunter stays the way it is, I really like it, I can't please everyone.

LJ

I'm quiet sure that there are no config entries for doors. Still I would damn like to give them some fitting sounds especially since opening a door can let your enemies know your position. So I think those sounds are a game basis and we need that. We'll see what 8 am able to do.

LJ

Ok thts awesome

You can do that yourself by just deleting the JSRS2_Hunter files in the addons folder. The hunter stays the way it is, I really like it, I can't please everyone.

LJ

Ok thanks. That would not cause any problems?

Ok thanks. That would not cause any problems?

No, it does that, thats why I build the mod like this, so people can choose ;)

LJ

PS: Dont, NEVER, delete the JSRS2_Vehiclesounds and JSRS2_Tanksounds files, those are just sound container and does not change anything in the game but the vehicle use sounds out of these files to work.

I think the latest patch for Arma 3 broke something in JSRS. My friends suddenly can't join my server when I'm running JSRS and vice-versa. We had absolutely no problems playing together with JSRS before this patch.

Works fine for us. Maybe your server needs patching to the same version as your clients?

And Why is it your not working for BI? lol seems to me this is just crazy, or very least make your addons offical

I think the latest patch for Arma 3 broke something in JSRS. My friends suddenly can't join my server when I'm running JSRS and vice-versa. We had absolutely no problems playing together with JSRS before this patch.

I keep getting "You were kicked from the game" or "Session lost" when I try and join multiplayer games with JSRS active, but my friend who I installed it for (in the same way and same build) can still join any. It's a shame too, as I love this mod to bits.

i am on edge of my seat i havent used JSRS yet as the multiple file downloads are hard to keep on top of!

but woooo cannot wait

i am on edge of my seat i havent used JSRS yet as the multiple file downloads are hard to keep on top of!

but woooo cannot wait

Download the first one. Dump it in a @JSRS folder. Download the second. Drag n drop it into the same folder. Keep going. Replace any "replace file?" questions. Job done. Simple!

Still one of my favorite ArmA addons, it adds a lot! I hope to see more out of you! Maybe you can figure out some cool new effects or something, to make up for the lack of content.

DO we need more evidence that A³ has way less content than A²?

After years of expansions and mods, yeah, no shit it does. That's like wondering why Halo 4 has more maps than Halo 5 when 5 comes out. 4 has map packs and shit, and 5 just came out. If you just wanted more content for A2, find a new addon.

I used addon weapons, addon maps, and hell, addon mechanics in A2 and most people I know who play did the same. How much vanilla content do you honestly use? If A3 allows better community content, who cares what content it has stock? It's not all that important as long as they get the tools to the community.

LordJarhead I love your work and loved it since arma 2. But can you please do something about thunder sound in arma 3. It sounds like someone would fire a firecracker.

if you let any mods on your clients, your going to have a bad time with script kiddies spawning stuff and causing havoc. I.e. You could join a server while running the MCC sandbox and create what you like.

Please don't make MCC sounds as a cheat tool.

You can't really do anything with MCC if it is not runing on the server.

MCC is a client server tool so if there is no MCC on the server the client is talking with himself - he can't even take control of MCC.

How much vanilla content do you honestly use?

100% :) But thats just me because I can only cover the game with my sounds and cannot touch other mods/addons without any permissions or requests to give them my sound effects. Because, tbh, I cant play ArmA3 when there are not my sounds surrounding me, call me stupid. Thats why I started making sounds for ACE back in A2 since I couldn't play without ACE but also I couldn't play with other sound effects that are not mine. But lately I get more requests every day, so I cover more and more mods and addons.

LordJarhead I love your work and loved it since arma 2. But can you please do something about thunder sound in arma 3. It sounds like someone would fire a firecracker.

Yeah I heard that as well. I'm always turning around and think "Was that an explosion or something?". Totally weird. Gonna change that of course.

Sry for my status lately, wasn't around much. I'm continue working on JSRS today.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Please don't make MCC sounds as a cheat tool.

You can't really do anything with MCC if it is not runing on the server.

MCC is a client server tool so if there is no MCC on the server the client is talking with himself - he can't even take control of MCC.

Sorry Shay, bad example there. Forgot it need to run server side, but it did empathise my point that we need server keys for popular mods.

There will be keys and signatures obviously! But currently I don't have much time to continue the work on JSRS.

Though there are just some minor tweaks to do and it'll be fine. Just today and tomorrow and then I've 5 days off so there will be plenty of time to work further on it and bring a release version soonish (with keys and all!!!)

Thank you!

LJ

Have you changed the suppressor sounds yet? They're simply the worst.

Yes. Will be all in the full release. Well in the full release all sounds will be changed ;)

LJ

Keep up the good work LJ ! Take your time & make them as they should be.

I agree with you mate .. SD sound are really bad.