Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

I have to say I like the sounds, but I dont like the idea of pre baked reverb.

Will this mod gonna distinguish between indoor and outdoor sounds in the future development or will it just be the same gun sound anywhere?

Beta only by now since the dev build is xhanging too often for me. The first big release will come with the full release of ArmA3.

Explosions now sounds much better, more high quality but still would look into getting more 'meat' of it.

Check this video, first explosion and incoming shrapnel. 2:10 Explosion, distant 'boom' and when the shockwave hits proper explosion sound.

Can't wait until the suppressor sounds get changed, they're a joke right now.

Beta only by now since the dev build is xhanging too often for me. The first big release will come with the full release of ArmA3.

Does this mean on Thursday?

Does this mean on Thursday?

No, probably more like the upcoming weekend or after that. How I can find the time...

LJ

No, probably more like the upcoming weekend or after that. How I can find the time...

LJ

There is no rush, there is no must endpoint. If you have to take your time, go ahead.

Hey LJ, I'm very happy to see your awesome work from ArmA 2 being continued for ArmA 3. It's a complete new experience for me :)

As Brain already stated, if you ever come to the Hamburg area, I'd be happy to invite you to the second drink then ;)

Hi there,

I just downloaded this mod and I can't get it to work, to be specific - I don't see JSRS in Expansions. Is there anything I have done wrong? I installed it by the instructions and in correct order. I am also using some other mods (WW AI, CBA), which I can't disable from Expansions menu. Should I reinstall or something? Thanks in advance for reply.

Hey LJ, I'm very happy to see your awesome work from ArmA 2 being continued for ArmA 3. It's a complete new experience for me :)

As Brain already stated, if you ever come to the Hamburg area, I'd be happy to invite you to the second drink then ;)

That's going to be one hell of an ArmA-Party.

really nice sounds - makes the game a whole lot more fun.

just a question - didn't JSRS sounds for previous arma games work on all MP servers without having them to allow the addon ? (when I have JSRS on now, I can't join 90% of the servers and therefore have to disable it)

thanks.

just a question - didn't JSRS sounds for previous arma games work on all MP servers without having them to allow the addon ? (when I have JSRS on now, I can't join 90% of the servers and therefore have to disable it)

thanks.

Since JSRS isn't 100% yet, I think the server owners don't want to put it on their servers just yet. You'll most likely have to wait until JSRS is fully complete.

thanks.

Servers either are open for mods which doesn't happen in public and it's mostly used in private only or not open for mods except those that they've choosed you can use. Just like Mr. Frogman said JSRS isn't a norm yet.

The reason why you cant join a sever is because of the JSRS dependency that is inside the mod still. And the other way around there are no keys yet to the mod. I will apply some keys to an JSRS MP Server were you can only join that server so we can overview the RPT's and such. More like a testing phase.

But it'll take some time, I gotta download the game first and that wont happen before this weekend.

LJ

Jarhead? You da man :D Best damn news I've heard in a while. Currently in the process of setting things up so that I can test the alpha-version of your soundmod, just because it's awesome!

Thanks! :)

Ok, so I finally got ArmA3 downloaded yesterday and tested around on Altis and I gotta say Bohemia: THAT IS AWESOME! The map is sooo friggin' huge and feels more like a real entire country instead of just an island. Its amazing. There are things to discover everywhere and it feels like a realistic world environment. Also was able to take a look on all the new vehicles (Dont forget guys, I had just the beta and didn't used the DevBuild) and I gotta say: Holy Moly. I gotta work faster^^

So far, what I can say by my quick tests yesterday, is (About my stuff now): Helicopters gotta be louder on higher distances. The only new weapon I noticed is the PDW Uzi kinda thing. I can use many sounds from JSRS1.5 for weapons like vehicles based weapons (MLRS, GMG, HMG, Missiles and Rockets, helicopter stuff). Some of the vehicles like the Offroad doesn't work anymore due to the new updated base class, easy fixable.

Besides that I would say weapon wise I've covered 90% of the handheld weapons already. Including distance script. Vehicles, ok, there is still a lot of to do, so maybe ... 25%? lets say 35%. Helicopters are all good so far just the little tweaking thing about the volume.

So all in all I start working on it during the week and weekends now and gotta present you the first full package (I hope) within two weeks!

LJ

Excellent news LJH! Being on DEV build was great, seeing things first. You are right, Altis is HUGE and a step in the right directions, however the game is nothing without better sounds!

One thing I'm not a fan of, currently it seems like subsonic rounds "bark", sounds very strange.

Happens with any pistol round.

There's an odd, loud sound when infantry deploy their parachute, regardless of position relative to you. It sounds like hitting a punching bag. It's late, but tomorrow I'll get a video up for you. Great mod, btw. :)

It's not adjust to other user addon weapons right?

If LJ makes sounds for user weapons, yes. If not, not.

hi , where can i find the key to allow this mod on my server ?

thanks for you'r work

Currently the key is not available as its all very much work in progress.