Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

UPDATE0.05

The new Update 0.05 has been uploaded to our download servers. The new update concentrates fully on introducing some of the vehicle sounds I've been working on lately. They are all in WIP still and need some tweaking to sound and config, but should give an overall idea of how they'll sounds like in later releases.

The new vehicle sounds bring new sound container with themselves. The Vehicle configs share sound containers called Vehiclesounds.pbo and Tanksounds.pbo. Those files contain most of the sounds that can be shared by vehicles (Tire sounds, Rattle noises, Wind, Tracks), so when you want to disable a vehicle, let those files still in the mod because all vehicles use something out of those two containers.

The new update has several vehicles covered: HEMTT, Plasan M-ATV, IFV-6c Panther, AMV-7 Marshal, MSE-3 Marid, BTR-K Kamysh, Zamak and the Offroad car.

Please note that those sounds are still in development and need further processing. Due to that fact I ask you not to give any feedback to the sounds yet. If you run into errors, issues or RPT's, let me know!

And yes, vehicles only even after I've said there would be updated Explosions and the new Environment. But the update would have been 800MB big. So I rather wait for the distance script and all that and might go to a first FULL Release during the week. Obviously before the A3 release, because after I'll busy figuring out what have been changed.

The download can be found as usually in our Download Section.

Thank you!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

"jsrs2_wheeled_apc1" go on the mission dependency. This is normal ?

No, its not. Thanks for letting me know.

DevBuild?

LJ

@LordJarhead

On the ground the explosions sound all right but pls try how they sound out of the air. I think you will agree that it gets more clear why the explosions cant be seen as finished while flying.

Best regards

Thanks LJ this latest update sounds great. A few bits and pieces I picked up on which may be of help;

Various: When pressing W with the engine off the vehicle starts moving before the engine turns over. I.e. the ignition sound is still playing once the vehicle starts moving forward. Not sure what can be done about this - options are either make the ignition sound shorter, or maybe script a delay for the vehicle moving when pressing W from cold start.

HEMMT: No horn sound when in 1st person

Offroad: There are 1st person sounds when car is off. Not sure if this is intentional.

Zamak: There are 1st person sounds when car is off as well. Horn is very quiet in 1st person.

Kamysh: Engine and track sounds are really fantastic

Not sure if this was in the prior build but the high calibre cannon impact sounds are EPIC, together with the reverb thats a lot of fun right there.

I do have some things to say about the wheeled vehicle engine sounds but as you have mentioned you are still tweaking I won't give feedback as to those at this time :)

Kamysh: Theres this "shhh" sound that gets higher when driving faster. It stops abrupt if you change the direction. It works fine on the other vehicles.

SDAR (weapon): 3 round burst is broken

Greetz

Ps: When will we see new supressor sounds and different sounds when in buildings?=) (if its implemented then it doesnt work with dev build on stratis)

Edited by NordKindchen

Kamysh: Theres this "shhh" sound that gets higher when driving faster. It stops abrupt if you change the direction. It works fine on the other vehicles.

SDAR (weapon): 3 round burst is broken

Greetz

Ps: When will we see new supressor sounds and different sounds when in buildings?=) (if its implemented then it doesnt work with dev build on stratis)

Easy easy, ok. I'm working on it :) The scripted sounds are not in the game yet and will take a little more time. So I'll tell you when they're in the game, you don't need to ask^^

The Tracked APC's RPMs stop so abrupt because of BIS vehicle engine... set up kinda thing. As soon as you make a turn the RPM drops heavily causing sounds to drop as well, no way I can fix that due to this is just a soundmod. Silencers don't work well yet, have to work myself more into it.

@sproyd: Cant fix that Moving before EngineStart has been played thing. As said, its just a sound mod. I wont start making game changes, that would get us to JSRS dependency on missions and such... also didn't changed the horn sounds, thats BIS's stuff. Dont know what you mean with first person sounds when cars are off, gonna check that during the week.

LJ

I don't know if you see that, but with the tar 21 you don't have your great sound ! you only have it with the tar 20

Nice update. I have been testing Offroad and Zamak on dev/Altis (there is a really nice road track starting at the most southern lighthouse). The dirt road pebble sounds are great - but I think a bit too loud? They are dominating. Driving Zamak at full (shift) speed you can barely hear the engine - it's all pebbles on the dirt road. Not sure if that would be the case in RL? :) Haven't done lots of dirt road driving myself. But the way I imagine the Kamaz (Zamak) should be louder overall (it actually feels quieter than the offroad now).

Keep up the great work.

Nice update. I have been testing Offroad and Zamak on dev/Altis (there is a really nice road track starting at the most southern lighthouse). The dirt road pebble sounds are great - but I think a bit too loud? They are dominating. Driving Zamak at full (shift) speed you can barely hear the engine - it's all pebbles on the dirt road. Not sure if that would be the case in RL? :) Haven't done lots of dirt road driving myself. But the way I imagine the Kamaz (Zamak) should be louder overall (it actually feels quieter than the offroad now).

Keep up the great work.

I'm from New Zealand and have done a lot of gravel driving and it is pretty loud with the windows down.

My parents and I use to go for random drives growing up in some nice country areas and when we hit the gravel paths it was loud, even more so once you rolled the windows down (yes folks, I am that old that I remember the old days where you actually had to do physical labor to roll the damn thing down! lol :P ).

Hmm I've been working more on the silencers today but I cant get the pistols silencers to work (P07, Rook40). I dont know why though, the config looks pretty much the same as the A3 one just with new sounds. Dont see the reason why it is not working. MX, Katiba, EBR are all working except the pistols... weird.

Been spending a lot of time with helicopters this week, they all sounds really good already. Minor config tweaking and they're done but I think they are ready for a release so far. Mostly used JSRS1.5 sounds since all those helicopter are not real (not real named) so I come up with my own ideas for them. The Blackfoot might need some progress since its supposed to be quiet, right? So:

UPDATE 0.075

A new update that brings JSRS2.0 to the version 0.075 has been uploaded to our download servers. The new update includes the new helicopter sounds for all six main helicopters of the game. The new sounds are partly from JSRS1.5 and are tweaked to fit my idea of how those (partly) fictional helicopters might sounds like. Those sounds are mostly final, so in further developments I most likely change the config files.

As said, this updates cover the six main helicopters of ArmA3. The sounds are mostly final and further developments might only affect the config files. The six helicopters are the followings:

AH9 Pawnee

AH99 Blackfoot

CH49 Mohawk

Mi48 Kajman

Po30 Orca

UH80 Ghosthawk

Most of the sounds are updated or tweaked sounds from JSRS1.5 that has been reedited to fit my idea how those helicopters would sounds like.

You can find the download as usually on our Website.

The next update will include the environment sounds and the new vehicle weapon sounds. And as you can notice by the version number (0.075) we are really close to version 0.1 and so the first full package release including all earlier released updates plus new content. So stay tuned.

Thank you,

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

When I was trying to edit some silencer sounds from a M4 pack I downloaded it did not work at all. I changed the directory to where I specified and the addon would not load in game. It would show as in expansions, but it would not load any weapons. Hope you can do it though!!!

Hmm I've been working more on the silencers today but I cant get the pistols silencers to work (P07, Rook40). I dont know why though, the config looks pretty much the same as the A3 one just with new sounds. Dont see the reason why it is not working. MX, Katiba, EBR are all working except the pistols... weird.

Been spending a lot of time with helicopters this week, they all sounds really good already. Minor config tweaking and they're done but I think they are ready for a release so far. Mostly used JSRS1.5 sounds since all those helicopter are not real (not real named) so I come up with my own ideas for them. The Blackfoot might need some progress since its supposed to be quiet, right? So:

UPDATE 0.075

A new update that brings JSRS2.0 to the version 0.075 has been uploaded to our download servers. The new update includes the new helicopter sounds for all six main helicopters of the game. The new sounds are partly from JSRS1.5 and are tweaked to fit my idea of how those (partly) fictional helicopters might sounds like. Those sounds are mostly final, so in further developments I most likely change the config files.

As said, this updates cover the six main helicopters of ArmA3. The sounds are mostly final and further developments might only affect the config files. The six helicopters are the followings:

AH9 Pawnee

AH99 Blackfoot

CH49 Mohawk

Mi48 Kajman

Po30 Orca

UH80 Ghosthawk

Most of the sounds are updated or tweaked sounds from JSRS1.5 that has been reedited to fit my idea how those helicopters would sounds like.

You can find the download as usually on our Website.

The next update will include the environment sounds and the new vehicle weapon sounds. And as you can notice by the version number (0.075) we are really close to version 0.01 and so the first full package release including all earlier released updates plus new content. So stay tuned.

Thank you,

LJ

Is each update separate? or can we just download the latest and get the whole mod? (thats done so far)

I believe they are incremental.

Install them one at a time.

This and tpw's civilian mod are totally making this game for me right now. Excellent work, Jarhead! :)

Jarhead, I'm noticing that if you're not looking directly at a vehicle as an infantry, from the ground, they're very quiet. Its only when you turn to look at them EXACTLY that they actually are noticeably audible.

I also noticed that when in third person, in the vehicle, the choppers are very quiet unless looking directly to your 6 o'clock. This was also the case previously with the HEMTT when I was trying that out too.

Is this localized to an issue on my end? Or a known issue/by design?