Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Hey LJ!

Been on holiday so I couldn't post but what a treat to come back to see JSRS in Arma3! Nice one mate!

Really appreciated.

The new explosion sounds are great! Especially with headphones-makes ya jump when grenade goes off nearby.

The way this mod improves the game experience already is a credit to you :cool:

Mh then maybe its just me? Maybe it has sth to with my configuration but the explosions sound by far less optimized than the weapon sounds.

Especially the rocket pod sounds are way off for me=/ Weapon sounds = great but explosions not so much=/

I am sure however that they will be great in the final release. Just giving feedback

Mh then maybe its just me? Maybe it has sth to with my configuration but the explosions sound by far less optimized than the weapon sounds.

Especially the rocket pod sounds are way off for me=/ Weapon sounds = great but explosions not so much=/

I am sure however that they will be great in the final release. Just giving feedback

Playing Supports Showcase the Mortar Explosions are great on my end...

I like the new "east" weapon sounds (katiba) and of course a couple of explosion sounds.....yesterday I played "Operation clever Girl" with an air attack of a rah-66 with gunner fire watched from 300m distance as soldier....epic!

I like the early/experimental Hunter sounds. Can't wait to see what you can do with other vehicles.

Oh boy, I'm so glad you are here again and working on the best soundmod for our beloved ARMA. Nice! Nice!

Yeah explosion wise - they need kind of punch but without making them any louder (but making them loud enought over long distances). They need to sound powerful as they are powerful forces in reality. I believe it is kind of hard to achieve but would be nice that depending on the distance the explosion could become more bassy. Problem with catching that bass is it has to be more of "feel" bass than hear bass.

Refference videos

Speed of sound - notice instant tap boom when the shockwave hits the microphone -

Even best quality can't catch that very bass at the bottom of the sound -

- still nice example

notice the echo on distant shoots in urbanised area -

Yeah explosion wise - they need kind of punch but without making them any louder (but making them loud enought over long distances). They need to sound powerful as they are powerful forces in reality. I believe it is kind of hard to achieve but would be nice that depending on the distance the explosion could become more bassy. Problem with catching that bass is it has to be more of "feel" bass than hear bass.

Refference videos

Speed of sound - notice instant tap boom when the shockwave hits the microphone -

Even best quality can't catch that very bass at the bottom of the sound -

- still nice example

notice the echo on distant shoots in urbanised area -

Hey thanks for the feedback. Though I know what you mean about what you said with "more bassy over distance" and all that, surely I can say it is quiet not able to reproduce in ArmA with an easy config value. Giving the explosions more of a bass punch will cause this bass punch to appear on any distance and it wont raise the higher the distance is. But, Psycho was delivering the new script (which is working just awesome!) and so we can concentrate on new things. We are trying to make scripted sounds for explosions as well. Like shrapnel noises flying around you when you are too close to an explosion, an explosion inside a room is causing debris sounds and a really loud bang. And of course different sounds over distances. So this way we were able to reproduce what you've said about them being more bassy. That was actually what I had in mind for them anyways :)

LJ

YESSS!!! JSRS is back

sounds really nice so far on YT.

tho can use it my self for some reason, have try'ed the guide for it

Edit:

toyed around with it a litte more and i got the explosions to work now still no gun sounds.

Edited by nailbrain

blaaaaaa (post removed)

Edited by tyl3r99

when can we expect the release of the big update? :)

The old game, he?

When it's done.

nice to see Lord is back, and daym, this sounds so awesome! Can't wait for distant filtering appied, and maybe some echoing anytime later!

-Psycho-;2481165']The old game' date=' he?

[b']When it's done.[/b]

We'll getting there^^

So, little Update, not a update, but a status update:

I was working on the vehicles mostly today. Spent many hours on config tweaking but I'm frustrated now. The Tracked APC's sounds like RC vehicles due to the fact that as soon as you go of the pedal the RPM will drop back to Idle. Causing like when driving the vehicle is all fine hearable and you make the slightest turn and the APC is almost muted (Wont make the Idle's much louder, that would be stupid). I dont know what BIS tried to get here. So that's pretty hardcore tweaking this out... dunno.

The wheeled APC's though are working finally after I had some serious issues getting ANY sounds into the game (Or the APC) at all. Turned out that I had to address each APC variant individually! Even if the other two are inheriting the sounds it still wont work. So yeah, took me hours to figure that out. So now I can actually tweak the config to my taste until the sounds fit. Still not sure what to do with the Tracked APC's. It might end up sounding like bull....

LJ

Unfortunate Jarhead but you can only do so much. Love the new JSRS, so much better than the stock sounds already.

Dude, I am in LOVE with the hunter sounds. The beautiful high pitched whistle of the turbo diesel engine is so immersive. Reminds me of my 2013 Chevy 2500 Turbo Diesel I had to give away. :( but in a good way.

I wouldn't change much on the hunter except maybe start and engine off sounds. The idle COULD be louder in 3rd person but I dunno if that's just my love of an idling diesel or if it would be realistic. I trust your judgment so far.

Well, seems your mod may be closer to a full release soon with all the vehicles and such being staged on the Dev build next week..

Liking the mod so far, loved it back in ArmA 2. Just hoping you change the overall sound of the weapons. (you've probably mentioned something about this on previous pages. To lazy to look)

Hey Jarhead, it seems that after the last Arma Update some sounds are not working, for example I can't hear the vehicles sound from the inside, car or helicopter.

Hey Jarhead, it seems that after the last Arma Update some sounds are not working, for example I can't hear the vehicles sound from the inside, car or helicopter.

Helicopter? There are no helicopter sounds by me so far, so it might be a messed up Config from BIS, not from me.

LJ

Helicopter? There are no helicopter sounds by me so far, so it might be a messed up Config from BIS, not from me.

LJ

Yeah I know, but if I disable your mod the sound is working, so maybe there is some conflict I don't know, yesterday was working.

Maybe it's only my problem.

Yeah I know, but if I disable your mod the sound is working, so maybe there is some conflict I don't know, yesterday was working.

Maybe it's only my problem.

OH really? Ok that is really weird then. DevBuild or Beta?

LJ

OH really? Ok that is really weird then. DevBuild or Beta?

LJ

Devbuild.

One game without your mod and I feel disoriented lol.