Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Absolutely fantastic. Good work giving every weapon a 'unique' report while still keeping a really great thump.

The anti-materiel rifles, in particular, are awe-inspiring.

I can't wait for the script-based systems to be added.

I have added a support addon to TMR for this (which really only affects the single fire mode on the Mk200).

Absolutely fantastic. Good work giving every weapon a 'unique' report while still keeping a really great thump.

The anti-materiel rifles, in particular, are awe-inspiring.

I can't wait for the script-based systems to be added.

I have added a support addon to TMR for this (which really only affects the single fire mode on the Mk200).

Anti-Material Rifles with TMR + JSRS are :yay: Basically a god-fearing BOOM with a shite of a lot of recoil knocking you off scope!! Had to get back on target to see whether I hit.

I've never fired a rifle of that high calibre so not sure how accurate the sound + recoil are but they certainly make you want to engage at 800+ metres rather than 300m like some think is appropriate with these things.

@LordJarhead,

Just wanted to say thanks for your tireless work on these sound mods, I used them in A2 and I am looking forward to watching your progress, keep up the good work,

Mick. :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey thanks for mirroring, but you just released or mirrored the update 0.001b instead of the main alpha mod 0.001a. The update is just an update it does not contain any changes to the game, could you fix that? Or better, by mirroring could you link to my website like this here: http://www.jsrs-studios.com/index.php/jsrs-studios/newsandupdates/199-jsrs2alpha-re1.html

It is self explaining I guess.

Thanks,

LJ

Will this be available on Play With Six

My 1st attempt i didn't here any differences. lol MOST likely because I had ACE_sm in there. Yes on Arma 3. lol I seen a video and am fixing to check it out. I'm looking forward to this you're the best!!! :)

Yup I think I just downloaded update. SOUNDS Awesome! Adds a lot of atmosphere. Love it so far!!!

Edited by Mikey74

I have updated the JSRS2.0 Alpha version. The new version is 0.002, it contains some basic explosions for grenades that are still in development and turned out to be a bit low in volume. Also I added a new MX, EBR and M6 Rifle sounds that are basically the original sounds but tweaked. Further more we were working on the script that will be implement most likely with the next update.

The basic changelog is small and just contains some basic sounds.

• -Added: Explosion sounds (Still WIP)
  • -Changed: MX Rifle sound has been tweaked
  • -Changed: M6 Rifle sound has been tweaked
  • -Changed: EBR Rifle sound has been tweaked

As mentioned will the most update (Thats at least what I'm aiming for) contain the scripted sounds. We've been working on new sounds for all weapons, basic functions and were trying to separate SD from NON-SD weapons in the script. Since an SD weapon is not based on a new class, it'll be kinda tricky but manageable. Thanks to Psycho who is helping again! As soon as the script is working fine and the new sounds are integrated, the stuff gets real! As some may (still not) noticed: There is no script inside the game yet! All the interesting features are following in future releases!

You need version 0.001a, 0.001b and this installed in the same order to be able to make it working.

PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN THAT EACH UPDATE CONTAINS ONLY THE NEW OR UPDATED PBO'S! YOU NEED ALL DOWNLOADS IN ORDER TO GET IT TO WORK!!!!!! DOWNLOAD THEM ONE BY ONE. AS SOON AS WE REACH VERSION 0.1A I WILL PROVIDE A BIG PACK THAT CONTAINS ALL THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN MADE TO THAT POINT.

To install the mod download the .rar file and extract it into your ArmA3 main folder so you end up like this:

X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JSRS2.0Alpha

Start your game. Within the main menu you click on "Configure" and then on "Expansions" and select the "JSRS.20 Alpha" mod. The game ask you to restart in order to activate the mod. Restart the game and it'll be activated. Now have fun!

Download the update from our Download Section!

Thanks a lot,

LJ

Excellent, look forward to testing the update. Played a round of Vehicles showcase last night with this mod together with TMR and FFIS (links in my sig) and it was excellent. After destroying the cars, I was driving to the radio tower when I got a flat. Had to jump out at the bottom of the the foggy valley leading towards Agia Marina and fight my way through with troops coming at my position.

As I've got a new computer I hadn't set up my virtual 5.1 yet (Asus Xonar U3) and I had just been playing with my monitor's speakers. I had to pause the game and install the card, so I could better pinpoint enemy fire as with FFIS they flank you and with the increased depth from JSRS having good headphones and soundcard helps you to pinpoint where the fire is coming from.

Died a couple of times I'm pleased to say (as should be the case).

Awesome Jarhead! I loved JSRS for ARMA 2 can't wait to see how it ends up in ARMA 3!

Thank you for the update LordJarhead, but to be honest, the first MX sound was better than this tweaked one...this new is weak? I don't know really, but the first one sound better....just my 2 cents.

@LordJarhead

Could you pls add this "You need version 0.001a, 0.001b and this installed in the same order to be able to make it working. " to your addon text file?

I downloaded your addon a few days ago and was looking for a short manual but couldnt find one=(

Best regards!

Amazing sound effects so far. As small issue with 0.002, noticed that there was no sound when enemy ka80 destroyed my panther. No explosion or impact sound. But I contiued a savegame from when I was using 0.001b without restart, if that caused it.

I seem vehicles explosion sound is missing with this new update, but grenade explosion is really nice like all the mod ;D

0.002 Issue: No explosion sounds for RPG32/42 and vehicles.

Thank you for the update LordJarhead, but to be honest, the first MX sound was better than this tweaked one...this new is weak? I don't know really, but the first one sound better....just my 2 cents.

+1 The new MX sounds seems a little under-powered.

LordJarhead,

Big thanks again!

After playing with JSRS there is no going back!;)

After playing with JSRS there is no going back!;)

Can't quote this enough!

@LJ

About Grenades..

i 've read what you said about "grenade sound got somewhat lower DB wise" but i really think you should add Low_Bass frequencies (around 250-400hz maybe) to simulate the "BOOM" (air pressure)

About the SD weapons..

As is ..the concept is simulated properly! (except from the bad vanilla silencer sound)

We don't really have low velocity rounds in-game so IRL you would still hear the sonic crack..but not clearly the exact position of source (due to silencer attachment)

Either way or another ..we NEED your awesome silencer effects.

Please consider the above ;)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Jipp vanilla silencer sounds are terrible^^ The standard weapon sounds are quite nice but the silenced ones are not useable^^

Just tried this, Jesus, this is some magic over here. Awesome sounds! Keep up the good work!