Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Is each update self contained or do we need to first download the initial file and then apply the update?

Is each update self contained or do we need to first download the initial file and then apply the update?

Each update brings new content but not contains the older one, so you gotta either download all from the first release on, or you wait for the full releases I going to make at versions 0.1, 0.5 and 1.0.

@Everyone:

Thank you guys very much! Its good to be back :)

LJ

If you don't know, it seems that underwater sound effects are broken and cut out when the camera view goes under water.

Other then that, this be sex to my ears.

*Edit*

Actually it seems to only happen when the game has been running for an extended period of time. Still something worth checking into. A fresh reboot of the client fixes the issue but still occurs after quite some time has passed while the game is launched.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Great job

Found a little bug. The 3 round burst from the SDAR is still the standard sound.

i have just literally skipped a heart beat... welcome back!!!

arma 3 just got way better!!!

also regarding the workshop rules... it wouldnt matter would it?? if you dont have the mod it will sound normal and if you do it will sound different i dont get it?

could someone elaborate?

i wouldnt of thought JSRS is a dependancy? as its not required to play a mission if the mission designer has used it when creating his mission?

[edit] @devs... take note of true sound effects ;)

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to post

i have just literally skipped a heart beat... welcome back!!!

arma 3 just got way better!!!

also regarding the workshop rules... it wouldnt matter would it?? if you dont have the mod it will sound normal and if you do it will sound different i dont get it?

could someone elaborate?

i wouldnt of thought JSRS is a dependancy? as its not required to play a mission if the mission designer has used it when creating his mission?

[edit] @devs... take note of true sound effects ;)

The Workshop prohibition is just a simple thing I ask you for. The mod is in development and I cant cover the Steam Workshop as well. This way now I can keep better track on my mod, the version, the community, the bugs and more. I ... literally dont need it. When JSRS2.0 reaches his final states ... somewhere far away from now, I'll think again about uploading it, sure, but right now I just want to keep my baby in my own house so to say. I provide the decent services, the volume traffics and all, so it'll be ok. No reason for me to join that train right now.

So please keep this in mind, this really small and simple thing I ask you to ;) And thanks btw, feels good to be back, also I saw your signature, hehe. Thanks a bunch for the support :)

Sitrep?

Worked myself through the scripted sounds today, they are all working. Just need to create the sounds for them (cant obviously use the old ones for there are no AK's and M4's anymore hehe) and tweak the configs. Also Psycho is also helping me again figuring out the silencer problem (Since now with silencers the basic weapon class does not change anymore, so a katiba will get the katiba distance sounds from the script, with or without silencers).

The vehicle is fine now, found a really decent way getting my sounds to work. Ehm... oh yeah I worked on the explosions, gotta still fill in some rockets that does not work yet but all in all they are doing good so far.

Ok, thanks guys! Will keep you informed and continue tomorrow.

LJ

Thank you so much LordJarhead, must-have mod from now on, as it was for Arma 2. Great sounds and atmosphere, thanks again! :icon_dj:

Awesome news, great to see you back making your amazing mod for Arma 3!! Couldnt play A2 without it :D

thanks LJ

will these sounds affect any AI hearing capabilities at all?

or will these be changed/unchanged.

my favorite bit about JSRS is the ambient combat sounds you hear lets say over the hill. remind me of saving private ryan!

also bullet impact sounds when under fire.

what this game lacked is now getting fixed by a trusted source aka JSRS :)

will you be updating your files via PWS also like before?

i know that PWS has been working on a new build recently so they have not been updating their files as of yet.

Awesome news!!!

Btw: I know you implemented a system with different sounds based on the terrain(eg. shooting out of a house)

I just wanted to inform you that Bad Benson (he is active in this forum under the same name)

Maybe you two could share some work there? Would mean you had less to do. Of course I know you can do this by your own too;)

Best regards!

Glad to see this is back for Arma 3 , Sounds greats

Keep up the good work and look forward to suture updates :)

Tyler, it's a sound mod not an AI mod.
yeah I know, JSRS brings the sounds to a whole different level.

louder and more realistic. I wasn't sure whether a louder gunshot would have any effect.

just thought id ask :)

LJ you just made my day :D

I'll be a happy tester when I return from my holiday.

I guess your work with A3 will be a little bit easier since there isn't so much content to cover. Just promise me that you will make sounds for ACE3 (if it ever gets released) :p

No time to play ArmA at the current time... anyone can create a summary video and upload it on YT? :)

No time to play ArmA at the current time... anyone can create a summary video and upload it on YT? :)

Check this out.

Isn't that the Video from 16th of June or something? I saw one on YT, but I guess it changed a lot since then.

Isn't that the Video from 16th of June or something? I saw one on YT, but I guess it changed a lot since then.

Nah, not really. The alpha sounds the same right now. Even the WIP video of 15th of june contained more sounds to that time and date. But it was more a proving concept I followed. The alpha is for the functionality and so I let people test it. So this way they can also find issues before I end up updating a "Final" version all the time, you know?

LJ

Sounding really great already LJ - obviously the sounds need some tweaking for it to reach the stratospheric heights of your quintessential A2 mod but definitely a great start. The distant firefights was one of the things that made JSRS so great and this seems to be working.

Maybe its just me but at distance the 6.5mm weapons sounded like default sounds?

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Also I don't think indoor sounds are working or at least not in the buildings I tested...