Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

[SP CAMP] Liberation of Chernarus

2l9p53n.jpg

Background Story:

October 2006 Foreign rebel Chedaki forces invade Chernarus, with the intention to overthrow the government and commit genocide. The CDF manage to hold off the Chedaki from pushing farther South but the Chedaki gain control of Northern Chernarus.

August - September 2008 After 2 years of stalemate war and the last few months in peace, the Chedaki mount a large attack that catches the CDF by surprise and manage to gain control of most of the country besides Elektrozavodsk. Horrible war crimes are committed against the local populace by the Chedaki. International pressure mounts to stop the tragedy.

September 4 2008 The United States begins Operation Salvation, to liberate Chernarus from Chedaki control.

Features

-24 mission single player campaign

-Take control of several different characters such as a Sniper/Artillery Spotter, an Automatic Riflemen, a Force Recon Squad Leader and more

-'Campaign within a campaign' - Take control of fictional 'Eclipse Team'; the most elite Marine Force Recon team and follow their story through the liberation of Chernarus

-Full briefings/tasks/debriefings, radio chat, squad chat etc

-Autosaves

-Custom music

-Cutscenes

-Many scripts used such as patrol scripts, artillery, lights and much more

-Varied missions. Range from lone sniping to hostage rescue to large scale battles and more.

This is my view of what kind of campaign should come with a game like ArmA 2; a good balance between Spec Ops, being a small pawn in large battles and sniping plus a couple of other things.

Screenshots

Image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/JZljm#12

33zfzpy.jpg15qvvqb.jpgmd1u2q.jpg2q3n2wk.jpgfavl8p.jpg2gsfr7c.jpg2is8lme.jpg

Requirements

-ARMA 2 only :)

-Not tested with any mods but soundmods should work great.

Recommended:

JSRS Soundmod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104514-J-S-R-S-1-5

Dynamic Soundsystem RC1 (particuarly for forest based missions, or fighting in forests)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103119-Dynamic-Sound-System-RC1

Anti-tank launcher vs infantry fix:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10752

Thanks

-BI Obviously

-Script writers (listed in end credits)

-The guys at the editing/scripting section, couldn't have done it without them. Guys like xxxAnimusxxx, PlacidPaul, Sander, Nimrod_Z, Orcinus etc.

-Beta testers. Kommiekat in particular, he is a great help and also Orcinus

-Von Knudenberg for cutscenes and posters

-tom3kb for continued feedback and posting updates at armaholic

Edited by ForzaJuve
  • Like 1

You went through OFPEC with this? Damn.

This is going to be good!

25 missions?! Damn, bring the bad boy on!

well it hasn't been tested by them yet, that place seems pretty dead atm..

you don't mind if I download it from their site?

You need a tester?

PM me..............

25 missions with cutscenes etc :) This will be good. Can't wait to play.

not all of them have cutscenes lol, in fact most don't. or at least yet...

Good luck with this sounds very promising indeed (hopefully half as good as the club you seem to support :P )

Komm's a good tester so you should be able to iron out most bugs before release. Great stuff thanks!

Good luck with this sounds very promising indeed (hopefully half as good as the club you seem to support :P )

Komm's a good tester so you should be able to iron out most bugs before release. Great stuff thanks!

Guess it'll have to be pretty good then :D

About cutscenes...i'm write that little wrong. I'm happy if campaign has intro and outro ;) + maybe few cutscenes for some missions.

@KK

Test this campaign fast, i want to play :D

Good luck with this, making and testing a campaign is a lot of work, i'm looking forward to playing it :)

About cutscenes...i'm write that little wrong. I'm happy if campaign has intro and outro ;) + maybe few cutscenes for some missions.

@KK

Test this campaign fast, i want to play :D

It's getting there :p

Good luck with this, making and testing a campaign is a lot of work, i'm looking forward to playing it :)

lol I know, I've been working on this thing on and off since at least before I joined here... haha

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

OFPEC post updated, 0.6 up!!

Good luck and thank you! Cutscenes are not too important for me btw. - take too much of the developers - and my time. :)

looking for someone with the expertise to make a couple of 30-40s intro/outro cutscenes.

pm me if you are interested!

You wrote:

Foreign rebel Chedaki forces invade Chernarus, with the intention to overthrow the government and commit genocide. The CDF manage to hold off the Chedaki from pushing farther South but the Chedaki gain control of Northern Chernarus.

The Chedaki didn't invade the country, they were already there.

The Map we have ingame is actually only a small part of Chernarus named South Zagoria. It is mainly inhabitet by ethnic russians and borders with russia on it's north side.

North Zagoria therefore seems to be in russia.

The ChdKZ (The Chernarussian movement of the Red Star) is a party that seeks to reunite both Zagorias as a communist state under russian control and protection. They start with demonstrations and strikes but soon become very agressive and start an uprising. Attacks on CDF Depots give them access to captured Heavy Weapons and vehicels. They also seem to get supplys from North Zagoria, Russian troops turn a blind eye on this. The CDF responds and a civil war starts.

This is a fictional campaign seperate from the Arma 2 story :)

Consider the map in the game to be the entire country ;)

Hi

Tried a few of the missions. You've done a lot of good work & there's a good variation in mission types. Finished campaign should be great fun.

Some observations:

Most, probably all of your briefings are broken - you have

if(true) exitWith ();

in your briefing.sqf and it should be

exitwith {};

Code statements are always inside curly brackets.

I think that this prevented several missions from completing; I had to use "EndMission".

Also, the autosave timings need adjusting - annoying when, e.g., one sets off some bombs, to have an instant autosave rather than be able to watch the fireworks undisturbed.

Some of the large-scale battles are too large-scale. I played with vanilla A2 with very high settings (except terrain & PP) as I have an i7 3770-K / AMD 7950 3GB, and saw as low as 10 FPS at times in the battle for Elektrozavodsk. Mid-range PCs will graunch to a halt.

Several missions, notably the "ambush" on route to Chernagorsk, have at least the BLUFOR groups much, much too close to each other - friendly fire, etc. That particular mission section seemed also rather unrealistic; both sides would have sent scouts out at least the previous night, & there would be rapid-moving light elements from both sides sent to probe the enemy. With the current BLUFOR positions for the ambush phase, a half-way competent East commander would have held back his armour & used it to lob HE onto the highly-compacted BLUFOR ranks; = BLUFOR defeated.

One issue in that & some other missions is due to an A2 "feature" - AT units waste missiles by firing them at even a single enemy soldier in preference to using a bullet. Late arriving armour has a near free rein. I always use Zipper5's excellent "ZP5_AT_fix" addon in A2. You might consider at least recommending it.

Another issue in some missions where the player is not commander is that the player's group seems to have speed set to "normal", or even "slow" at some stages. For example, when the more advanced elements have passed Elektrozavodsk and are attacking the next village, the player's group was still several hundred metres short of Elektrozavodsk (I abandoned them early on :P )

One reason for laggardliness is the binocular bug (fixed in OA/CO) where units with binos make excessive stops to look around. As a player-commander I got lots of "Where are you" calls as various proportions of the team fell way behind & tracked the cause down to that bug. Solved by removing all binos from the team members. I suggest you do that for all AI on both sides, except for team leaders.

thanks for this :) I will take most of the advice into consideration, except the 'unrealistic' part :P I might change it a bit, but this is not supposed to be hyper-realistic so the fact it is not what real commanders would do shouldn't bother you for more fun gameplay, unless you consider realism fun (which can be fun, but that's not what I'm aiming for here, to an extent).

I have already cut down some of the units in BoZ, kommiekat also said this. do you know how I would delay the 'savegame' by a few seconds in a trigger?

There are a lot of improvements from 0.6 to what I am working on now, so it should be great once I finish polishing all the missions.

You have in trigger something like Time: min, max, mid. When you have 1 trigger with task for example:

condition:

not (alive tank1)

on act:

tskobj1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED"

Create 2nd trigger with the same condition but set in time min, max and mid for example time to 5. 5 sec after tank will be destroyed game should be saved.

not (alive tank1)

on act:

savegame

@down

no problem ;)

Edited by tom3kb

ah yes of course, I just used that a few days ago. facepalm.

thanks! :)

Heh, I wouldn't worry too much about the realism aspect, but spreading out the groups will cut down the friendly fire losses (I got killed twice by fire from behind, & once when a grunt started lobbing grenades in crowded conditions) as well as making for better, more intense firefights.

Edit: I found a few more errors, will analyse later. Are you using sbsmac's Squint? Brilliant tool that will examine any sqf file, reporting syntax errors & suggesting fixes. No scripter should be without it.

The current version is here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/n.macmullen/projects/squint/bin/setup.exe

Edited by Orcinus

New poster added thanks to Von Knudenberg!

V1.0 should be up hopefully within a week or so, stay tuned!

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

also v0.7 updated on OFPEC

[please delete this post]

Edited by Polygon
wrong thread