zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

Welcome back @zooloo75! Hope school work went well. Can't wait for 2.0 to get here. Consider a script version as well.

Of course! :D

College is going great! I'm doing very well in the Computer Science department :)

Of course! :D

College is going great! I'm doing very well in the Computer Science department :)

Yay! I love this one and good to see ya back. Also glad to hear school's going well for ya :)

Zooloo you are a much better scripture than me. If you are interested maybe we can combine yours and AISS. Glad school is going well. IF you're still in school and have no time. No worries, or if you just think AISS stinks no worries either. lmbo!!!! Good to see ya pop in here either way. :)

Zooloo you are a much better scripture than me. If you are interested maybe we can combine yours and AISS. Glad school is going well. IF you're still in school and have no time. No worries, or if you just think AISS stinks no worries either. lmbo!!!! Good to see ya pop in here either way. :)

I plan on writing FFIS2.0 from scratch, but I can implement new features that yours brings if you don't mind.

I plan on writing FFIS2.0 from scratch.....

Yes..... now those Computer Science classes are starting to pay off for the Armaverse. :p Keep up the great work.... and thanks.

Thanks Zooloo. Ive got several differen ways I want to go with AISS. Lets take it to PM if you have time. :)

Adding more animations to a v1.41

Edited by sttosin
Removed Link. Thanks Zodd

Here's the version I am using for anyone interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u97yq0o13q8lefx/%40FFISv1.41.zip

Changelog.

v1.4

1. Removed Bunny hop animation.

2. MGs and Snipers use Prone position.

3. Uses more "hit the dirt" style animations.

v1.41

1. Added two more animations including rolling on the floor.

\\Idea here is the more possible animation combinations the less scripted the fights appear.

2. Added GestureCover and GesturePoint. This may be a bit fast to catch atimes.

3. LMG autofire only when looking at enemy. Too many friendly fires happening due to forceweaponfire.

Known issues.

1. I noticed when using with TPW_FALL the fall animation plays when unit is hit then other animations from FFIS plays, it does look goofy sometimes.

2. Also not sure if its the terrain, sometimes units crawl in place or run in place still.

Removed Bunny hop animation.

What exactly is the bunny hop animation? is it when the Ai leap over a fence or a wall? I dont recall seeing this.

MGs and Snipers use Prone position.

Should make this random, as not all mgs, or snipers always used the prone position.

Removed Bunny hop animation.

What exactly is the bunny hop animation? is it when the Ai leap over a fence or a wall? I dont recall seeing this.

Should make this random, as not all mgs, or snipers always used the prone position.

Bunny hopping was the jumping animation. It was one if the animations played in earlier versions.

On machine gunners and snipers they actually don't always stay prone.

Well with sttosin's updates and zooloo75 pending a comeback I don't want to clutter up the thread with alternative versions, but as promised I've updated the animations... to my v1.1 mod (this is now a different branch to sttosin's).

FFIS v1.15 modified by sproyd

22/12/2013 Updates

- Improved evasive animations. Removed the ridiculous ones like bunnyhop and run towards the enemy and left in four core animations, dive left (then crawl forward), dive right (then crawl forward), strafe right (then drop to one knee), strafe forward left (theen drop to one knee).

- Increased chance of evasive maneuvers slightly

- Replaced 'round' script for 'floor' script, for selecting evasive animation and radio comms. This is best practice as it ensures proper random selection of options. The existing setup favoured some options over others.

Download Link removed, newer version available below

I'm still looking into the waypoint situation.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Waypoint Progress

I've also made some progress on the WayPoint system. I think I've fixed several problems, although the campaign is still not playable with the waypoints enabled, I think because BIS have designed the campaign not to be open-ended and so when you start doing stuff outside of what they want you end up failing. I can't get past the first mission.

However, I've solved some issues like units getting stuck in Combat mode where they will prone, run, prone, run, prone, run even when they haven't been in combat for ages. I've also solved the issue where a group leader will order a group to a position to destroy the enemy but then they won't leave afterwards because they think the enemy is still alive, or they'll fire on an inanimate object that can't be destroyed... So those issues are fixed.

Let me know if you'd like me to release this version.

PS: If you are using Blastcore with FFIS you might find the smoke a bit overwhelming, particularly because the AI can see right through it... The smoke effect with Blastcore is seriously huge and far more effective than OEM but needs some tweaking.

Edited by sproyd

Sproyd... "Let me know if you'd like me to release this version."

Yes please release as I need something to take my mind off the in-laws over Christmas !

Merry Xmas to all :)

FFIS v1.25 modified by sproyd

Well here is my best attempt at fixing some of the waypoint module problems. Please beta test this. One bug that's been introduced is sometimes your AI squad leader will repeatedly tell you to go to a grid ref...

22/12/2013 Updates

Download Link

v1.25 by sproyd

- Changed setBehaviour for non-sniper units to AWARE from COMBAT due to some units getting stuck in COMBAT mode even after the end of a firefight

- Halved the chance of smoke grenades, was a bit excessive especially when using Blastcore

- For the waypoint module, modified waypoint type from DESTROY to SEEK AND DESTROY (SAD) as this would sometimes make units attack static objects and not move until they were destroyed (so never).

- Changed Waypoint Behaviour from COMBAT to UNCHANGED to help prevent the aforementioned problem where units get stuck in COMBAT mode

- Changed Waypoint indexing from 1 to 0

I just installed it and I'm running it with AISS, Blastcore, CBA, JRS Sound Mod, the full Map Pack. This is awesome. There's no panic at all. In fact everyone is reacting a lot better. Running up a road, anti tank gunner in a squad with three other squads in collumns. Enemy armor appears, bullets snap over our heads and everyone fans out to the sides of the roads and crawls for cover. Thanks for all the work zooloo75. It's much appreciated and enjoyed over here.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I'll give this a try. Thanks also to you sproyd.

Just tested with AISS so far no conflicts seen except if you have Marker_pos = 1; in AISS Userconfig it will not give radio chatter nor marker. Other than that so far it seems to be working fine together. In fact they seem to be good mates. ;)

Just tested with AISS so far no conflicts seen except if you have Marker_pos = 1; in AISS Userconfig it will not give radio chatter nor marker. Other than that so far it seems to be working fine together. In fact they seem to be good mates. ;)

I can't believe the difference with all these mods added. I'm playing the same editor home made battles over and over again as a mere private in a squad and the enemy and my side are doing radically different things each time. The AI is acting really intelligent. My squad was going up the road with two other squads, one behind and one ahead. We encountered stiff resistance and my squad just ran back to a compound (Takistan map) and hid out. Actually they did and then started calling me back to join them. I did. Then they just hid there while big artillery duels got fought out up the road. Then they detected a AI flanking counter attack to our right and we changed total direction from the waypoints I'd laid down to deal with the flanking motion by mechanized infantry. Another huge firefight in the dark and my squad adeptly flanked the flankers. Never seen anything like it.

Yes, the flanking element of zooloo's script is pretty great. I don't have the code in front of me but if I recall, individual soldiers break formation and scramble +/- up to 60m (random distance) from their position. The squad leader also gives them a (now seek and destroy) waypoint on the firing position of the enemy which they subsequently execute. The cool thing is, if the firer moves position without being detected, they can then counter-flank.

I need a reminder: Does FFIS already pin down enemy through supressive fire or should I still use the tpw mod compponent for this?

I can't believe the difference with all these mods added. I'm playing the same editor home made battles over and over again as a mere private in a squad and the enemy and my side are doing radically different things each time. The AI is acting really intelligent. My squad was going up the road with two other squads, one behind and one ahead. We encountered stiff resistance and my squad just ran back to a compound (Takistan map) and hid out. Actually they did and then started calling me back to join them. I did. Then they just hid there while big artillery duels got fought out up the road. Then they detected a AI flanking counter attack to our right and we changed total direction from the waypoints I'd laid down to deal with the flanking motion by mechanized infantry. Another huge firefight in the dark and my squad adeptly flanked the flankers. Never seen anything like it.

Holy crap, that seems incredible! FFIS and AISS should be merged together!

Good work sproyd. If its OK I.ll use your changes in my version and keep the high animation case #s as I prefer that. The one thing I wish could be incorporated is AI weapon resting. If while engaging, they are say 1m from a ledge, window, rocK, vehicle...script determines if prone or crouch or standing is ideal, determines weapontype, then moves AI to rest weapon and fire. Someone will also need to create an animation that let's AI leave their weapon on the ledge a bit to dodge bullets. If I weren't a beginner scripter I would do this today. This would take me a looooong time. If anyone wants to help please chime in.

Go for it, its open source! I've commented most of my script changes which should make it easy to see what I've done. I think the waypoint stuff needs further testing though... I'm still having issues with the Campaign.

Can others please test the first mission from the campaign with JUST FFIS v1.25 and see if they can get through.

After the first FireFight Adams just legs it for Baldy I think and doesn't follow the ridgeline for the second contact. I even unpacked the campaign mission to check how they coded it and can't workout why he ignores his programmed waypoints.

Awesome to see this mod continue.

What are the chances of addressing the vehicle damage and disembarking issue?

When I go over a few bumps, or make a hard landing, my squad AI wants to disembark at the soonest opportunity. Have a very hard landing or vehicle crash (but no serious injuries) and they won't regroup or follow orders. I've also come across AI squads standing around perfectly servicable vehicles, because they've taken a littel bit of damage. At the moment this is the best for infantry combat, but seems to break anything involving vehicles.

Is there a debug active in this because we keep seeing red balls on the ground with this addon active.

Is there a debug active in this because we keep seeing red balls on the ground with this addon active.

Which version?