zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

Wanted to point out something that a friend brought to my attention after asking him about it, he had told me to bring to your attention:

Seems, that setskill is used extensively to alter unit's effectiveness and behavior under panic, suppression and such, what includes some complex calculations. This of course will overwrite any earlier settings. What can be done, is saving initial skill settings of each unit, and restoring them back after each temporary skill change due to panic, suppress or other effect. This probably is implemented, I see, but perhaps not always works well. Or what you described is just effect of normal work of this mod. My recommendation: ask Zooloo75/Stealthstick & sproyd for that. Show them these lines (84-87):

_aimAccuracy = _firer skill "aimingAccuracy";
	_firer setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",_aimAccuracy/(1 + random 1)];
	sleep (10-((skill _firer)*7));
	_firer setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",skill _firer];

as IMHO this should be:

_aimAccuracy = _firer skill "aimingAccuracy";
	_firer setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",_aimAccuracy/(1 + random 1)];
	sleep (10-((skill _firer)*7));
	_firer setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",[color="#FF0000"]_aimAccuracy[/color]];

After that change aiming accuracy will be set back to the previous value. Currently, after temporary change, is set as equal to overall skill. No idea, why.

In the second place, where setskills are used, seems, that skill is restored properly.

Adding to this, in a mission on my server the AI is tolerable and not very accurate but can still be a challenge, after putting this mod on my server and fighting the AI i been finding the AI to be alot more accurate and more challenging, to me I would rather fight hordes of AI that use all sorts of suppression, flanking, bound and over watch, cover, displacement and many other tactics to kill you then to have a few AI being super accurate that being their shots land within 3-5 shots on average, idk maybe im a wuss in the game, im doubting that but none the less the AI are more accurate, and all im asking is if theres a way to turn it down, maybe through the userconfig.

As per the quote above it seems the setskill has upped the AI's skill making them more accurate.

After picking up the mod for the first time, I took it out for a test drive and found the AI to be lively and responsive, but there's a big bug. AI soldiers under my command sometimes slow down to a walking shuffle and maintain a snail's pace outside of combat for lengthy periods. This obviously undermines their ability to fight. Repeatedly ordering them to move or regroup does not fix the pace, nor does telling them to stand. They simply follow at turtle's pace.

I have not tested whether the issue is related to combat, but I think they were slightly sluggish at the march in the introduction before contact, then slowed down again at first contact, and finally slowed to a crawl after clearing Molos. Additionally, they were mobile as usual /during/ the Molos fight.

Mod looks really awesome! I was wondering how it impacts performance in MP? I am hosting ALIVE missions from my rig and was wondering what the performance impact would be from this mod. Also I don't have any BLUFOR units so that's not a problem. Also, I was wondering what exactly SS_FFIS_DRAWPROJECTILELINE does? What does it mean draws a projectile line? :P Sorry for all the questions. Also one last thing, how do you tell if it's actually functioning properly? I see the OPFOR take cover and move more strategically but I haven't seen the AI use LMG's very much.

Thanks for your help!!!

Edited by Opendome

I have had it on my gameserver for the past month and had no performance issues, to me Alive has more performance issues then this,

FFI you dont need to worry about, if you want to find out just test it by itself.

Awesome thanks! Ive been trying it out tonight and it's awesome!!! I was wondering if anyone knows how this would work with the ALIVE AI Skill module? When I had it on they seemed a but dumbed down but was wondering if it's a possible conflict or not

If the mod adjusts the AI skills in any way I would recommend disabling the ALiVE skill module (this goes for any AI mod that changes skills).

I propably ask question that have been ask before, so I'm okay if the answer may be short.

1. Does everybody have to install that mod? (We use ALiVE!)

2. Will TPW_CAS cause any problems or can I ignore TPW_CAS from now? (means, does this mod provide the same things?!)

Many Greetings

Moony

Great mod. I seem to have a weird issue where red dots are constantly placed on the map, I can even find them on the ground running around. I see them with waypoints enabled and disabled in the config.

Great mod. I seem to have a weird issue where red dots are constantly placed on the map, I can even find them on the ground running around. I see them with waypoints enabled and disabled in the config.

one of your modules has debug on.. i can guarantee it..

Yeah that's what I figured but I can't seem to find where to turn that off. Any ideas?

I'll have to test it, but I wonder if it's a conflict with UPSMON.

Hey there,

This is a great mod, thank you! However, it doesn't seem to work on our Linux server. It causes it to crash with it loaded on it.

How should this be run on a server with headless client? should it be run on server or headless client or both? also is it compatible with AI placed by Zeus?

I made it for singleplayer so I haven't been able to test it in an MP environment, but it should work for the most part.

hey man i love the mod and it truly is great, but there is one thing i hate and i cant do anything about it. when i get suppressed (behind cover) my character decides to lay down on his right side leaving me unprotected. also all those animation bring me more trouble then good. i went to the userconfig file and changed the SS_FFIS_EVASIVEANIMATIONS = false; //Set to false to disable AI evasive animations. but it still does it which annoys me alot. i dont know what is wrong but i would like some help. this is my full userconfig:

SS_FFIS_USESMOKE = true; //Set to false to disable AI popping smoke.

SS_FFIS_BLEEDOUTS = true; //Set to false to disable bleeding out.

SS_FFIS_MORTARS = false; //Set to false to disable the AI's ability to call in mortars/artillery.

SS_FFIS_LOSECOMMAND = false; //Hard-coded out of the mod in this version due to inability of disabling here.

SS_FFIS_BULLETWIND = true; //Set to false to disable wind affecting bullets. Disabled by default in v1.1 to prevent interference with other mods (i.e. TMR)

SS_FFIS_DRAWPROJECTILELINE = false; //Set to true to draw a line from the shooter and the projectile.

SS_FFIS_EVASIVEANIMATIONS = false; //Set to false to disable AI evasive animations.

SS_FFIS_WAYPOINTS = true; //Set to false to disable FFIS' waypoints.

SS_FFIS_LMGINFINITEAMMO = false; //Set to false to disable infinite ammo for LMG's (Infinite ammo helps make LMG units useful for suppression!).

SS_FFIS_LMGSUPPRESSION = true; //Set to false to disable the forced full auto fire from LMG units.

//=======================================================================

SS_FFIS_USERCONFIGEXISTS = true; //DO NOT TOUCH

Let me start off by saying that this is an awesome mod. However, it doesn't want to work with Linux at all... Is there anyway this could be fixed in a possible update or maybe have FFIS 2 be more Linux friendly? I know a lot of people in the community who run a Linux dedicated server would greatly appreciate this.

Let me start off by saying that this is an awesome mod. However, it doesn't want to work with Linux at all... Is there anyway this could be fixed in a possible update or maybe have FFIS 2 be more Linux friendly? I know a lot of people in the community who run a Linux dedicated server would greatly appreciate this.

We also have the same problem with windows dedicated server, Otherwise it's an awesome mod, tested with TheACEHope mod collection from pw6 and worked just fine with some userconfig adjustment

Works well, even on dedicated (windows) they are doing some great evasive maneuvers when they are under fire... but units are in god mode !! :confused:

Edited by XoO

will this effect only in server side which is mean ai that already placed at editor but no real time zeus placed which is meaning placed by clients.

will this effect only in server side which is mean ai that already placed at editor but no real time zeus placed which is meaning placed by clients.

Correct.

It's a bummer this mod hasn't been worked on in awhile to adopt the new AI changes in the recent updates but we still use it to this day because it is that damn good. Maybe it's time to switch to ASR?

Correct.

It's a bummer this mod hasn't been worked on in awhile to adopt the new AI changes in the recent updates but we still use it to this day because it is that damn good. Maybe it's time to switch to ASR?

we have use asr before but in my case it's works same as what you corrected for me, no changes when we spawn ai by using zeus.

Every time I try to start arma with the mod i get an error message: Include file userConfig\FFIS\FFIS.hpp not found. If I close that i get a second error message that says that "Arma 3 has exited in an unusual manner".

Exit code: 0x0000DEAD -

Can someone help?

1 hour ago, Pro_Fox said:

Every time I try to start arma with the mod i get an error message: Include file userConfig\FFIS\FFIS.hpp not found. If I close that i get a second error message that says that "Arma 3 has exited in an unusual manner".

Exit code: 0x0000DEAD -

Can someone help?

You have to put the userconfig folder (you can find it in the FFIS mod folder) in your root arma folder, and enable filepatching on your launcher.

• Thanks 1