zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

If you ever add the panic feature please make it a Userconfig option. FFIS + ASR + TPW + Garrison script...quite a mix

Sproyd, consider the second most requested fix/change to this mod also pls - bunny hopping animation - A few people have brought it up in the past on this thread including me. What's your take on it?

Edited by sttosin

Sproyd, consider the second most requested fix/change to this mod also pls - bunny hopping animation - A few people have brought it up in the past on this thread including me. What's your take on it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This should be fairly easy to fix, however I'm currently working on the Waypoints part of the script as it breaks the SP Campaign for me and is quite complex.

Thanks for picking this mod up man.

Edited by sttosin

Sproyd, thanks for picking this up man who's it going with the waypoint work? Also I love the animations, but the bunny hop one has to go! Thanks for all your work man.

For anyone interested I replaced the bunny hopping animations with non-bunny hopping/jumping animation and set the default userconfigs to what I use..feel free to change it to suite your needs. Use at own risk I am a beginner. Thanks to Zooloo75 for a great mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yp3zxfnp9w5yk0/%40FFISv1.2.zip

Edited by sttosin

Another version - MG lay down suppressive fire and go prone doing so. Also no bunny hop. Replaced animations where it looks like unit is moonwalking and replaced with hit the dirt style animations. Give it a try. https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pdp6cfnekhhj3/%40FFISv1.4.zip

Sttosin, this is awesome, but did u release these updates using the latest version by Sproyd? Not the broken Zooloo75 version correct?

Sttosin, this is awesome, but did u release these updates using the latest version by Sproyd? Not the broken Zooloo75 version correct?

Yes. Started with Sproyd's update.

I'd love to try and experiment with more ranges of animation, even gestures, but I can't get this work in a script version....something with the config.cpp. I've tried to move the contents into the top of init with no luck. A script version will allow me to try different things and get quick feedback without restarting the game after every change and recreating the PBO. If some experienced modder reads this and will like to share some knowledge pls contact me. Thanks.

Hi, do you guys use it with other mods such as ASR AI, TPW EBS or AI suppresion? If yes, does it work well together? Thanks :)

is this coming to Six Updater at any stage?

Since I am not the author it's hard to answer that question. Maybe if we eliminate the issue of it "breaking missions" the demand will go up and we'd have a more formal update approach.

Hi, do you guys use it with other mods such as ASR AI, TPW EBS or AI suppresion? If yes, does it work well together? Thanks :)

Yes. It should. I am spending more time in rpt files these days looking for bugs. Report bugs that you find. I personally like this mod for the evasive maneuvers and machine gunner suppression only. I prefer TPW EBS for suppression and finding cover.

Is the updated version compatible with TPW mods, WWAICover and AISS?

Edited by Denco

Is the updated version compatible with TPW mods, WWAICover and AISS?

We have not changed it enough to cause incompatibilities or fix capability issues that existed. Test it and report.

Hi Denco and sttosin, I use fire eventHandlers and waypoints. I'm not sure yet if this will be compatible. I think they should work together, but there could be some conflicts. If you dont get to it before me I'll DL FFIS again and give her a try with AISS. I think they all will probably work together in theory, but I've yet to test this. Hope this helps. :/

Hi guys I'm new to the community and I want to share my experience with this mod

Thank sproyd and sttosin for picking this up, love your work so far

I use this in combination with tpw and wwai cover and seems to work well and bunny animation is gone

The only issue that I found after sttosin's update is that the ai is like super trained, don't know what cause this but it's like playing with snipers only...

Hi Denco and sttosin, I use fire eventHandlers and waypoints. I'm not sure yet if this will be compatible. I think they should work together, but there could be some conflicts. If you dont get to it before me I'll DL FFIS again and give her a try with AISS. I think they all will probably work together in theory, but I've yet to test this. Hope this helps. :/

Thanks @Mikey74 looking forward to the result. This mod does use EH and gives waypoint of "destroy" type if userconfig option SS_FFIS_WAYPOINTS is true.

Hi guys I'm new to the community and I want to share my experience with this mod

I use this in combination with tpw and wwai cover and seems to work well and bunny animation is gone

The only issue that I found after sttosin's update is that the ai is like super trained, don't know what cause this but it's like playing with snipers only...

@SkilMonkey This mod causes the Machinegunners to fire at full auto with unlimited ammo if you enable it in userconfig. Now with my change they are prone when doing so. The mod does affect accuracy by reducing it if suppressed, not increasing it. Are you running other mods?

Welcome aboard

I'd like to thank y'all for picking up this mod while I've been gone. Your work is appreciated! :)

I didn't think this mod would get so much attention; I guess it's time to develop FFIS2, re-made from the ground up with the community's suggestions in-mind!

I'd like to thank y'all for picking up this mod while I've been gone. Your work is appreciated! :)

I didn't think this mod would get so much attention; I guess it's time to develop FFIS2, re-made from the ground up with the community's suggestions in-mind!

Welcome back @zooloo75! Hope school work went well. Can't wait for 2.0 to get here. Consider a script version as well.